DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Wedding crashers and old school are pretty easily my favorite Vince Vaughn movies

I watched 4-5 episodes of Buffy yesterday. Watched the first two episodes of season 1 before jumping to one episode in season 2 and the finale.

My main issue that I never noticed before was how Buffy dressed. She was not dressing like a 16 and 17 year old girl. Never noticed how she dressed up like she was a 25 yr old adult until now.

Sarah Michelle Gellar also aged fast. She was looking like a teenager in season 1 and then she looking like she was 25 in season 2 :lol:

*edit

Other notes.

Forgot that Cordelia and Xander went out. I was like 'Why are they making out... Ohh tea, that's right!'

Spike is still hilarious.

Season 2 finale held up well. When I think of Buffy the season 2 finale is one of the things that stick out and with good reason.

Last edited:
Funny how the season 2 finale I remember it clear as day. It's why I jumped straight to it after a few episodes .

Season 5 and 7 finale, I remember clear as day too.

Season 1 finale. Blank. Season 3 finale. Blank. 4 and 6 also blank lol. I probably won't be bothering with those finales during my run down Buffy nostalgia lane lol.

Last edited:
Patty Jenkins Says Some Of Her THOR Ideas Made It Into The Movie

While being interviewed at WonderCon, Jenkins was asked if any of the plans she had for Thor made it into Wonder Woman, and admitted that they did, as she sees both characters' arcs as being quite similar.

"I mean they’re very similar in a lot of ways. It’s a lot of the same questions and a lot of the same struggles that I was interested in Thor’s story or here, although in that case it was the second movie so it would never have been as pure and as simple of an arc, so I really think it was meant to be that I ended up doing this one, which I had always wanted to do anyway. And I got to do it in a kind of bigger and purer arc rather than putting it in that other story."

^ Speaking of Joss Whedon and incorporating directors' ideas in movies,,, I really liked the rumored scene he wanted to include in AoU but Marvel told him it was too good to use for AoU.

^ Speaking of Joss Whedon and incorporating directors' ideas in movies,,, I really liked the rumored scene he wanted to include in AoU but Marvel told him it was too good to use for AoU.
?

nerd.gif

Cant wait until Comic Con the new DCEU slate is gonna be cause for More excitement. Im expecting for

Flash
Cyborg
Shazaam

to be on hold indefinitely. Expecting to get news about

Suicide Squad 2,
Gotham City Sirens,
Batgirl Project
The Batman
NightWing
Man of Steel 2.

Im thinking the DCEU will mirror the DC Animated Universe moving forward. 2 Batman /Family related films and a broader DCEU film every year.

Which is smart. The Batman related films can be made quickly, there is a lot of story established to pull from (with Batman having being active for 20 years), and Batman is an instant draw.

This also gives them time to flesh out the more effects intensive efforts such as Flash, Shazaam, GL Corps, that they have to hit on in order to get to another Justice League.

Seems like they finally have an idea and a direction to work towards.

I think 1 bat related film is enough.. you don't want to oversaturate on things..

they really need to work on establishing the other characters so they can build more of a foundation to spread things out upon

they really need to look at the MCU and just rip off their structure.. and considering how marvel had to sell off film rights, DC is in a far better position to do what they did with the MCU

they have their heavy hitters in batman, superman and WW.. then you got other well enough known characters in flash, GG and aquaman.. then you just develop newer entities around them

and obviously every 2-3 years you got the JL movie

could easily get 3 films per without having to resort to batman related films for 2 out of the 3 every single year

Yeah, you don't need to give people too much Batman, because they can find him everywhere and that property will continue doing just fine no matter what. DC needs to work on putting out solid films for everyone else right now, to increase the value of their other properties and expand their universe. Wonder Woman absolutely needs to be a hit. After Justice League they need to then get the other characters right. Aquaman has to combat his old joke status. Green Lantern needs to get rid of the stink of the previous film and Flash needs to cash in on the character's current surge in popularity due to the show. And in all of this you could still find time to drop both Nightwing and Batgirl, which will due well due to the connection to Batman, while also giving those 2 lesser properties a boost.

they definitely need to make more audience friendly films and by that I mean a movie more widely well received, that is the bigger issue than the structure of the universe at the moment

:smh: @ them not capitalizing how popular Flash has gotten

They're trying, I mean you either want them to rush it by hiring the first director they see and write a script in 6 weeks before filming begins or they could take their time?

Problem with Arrow is he is pretty much Batman with a bow and arrow. He's better off making cameos than having his solo film.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom