DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

All this cinematic universe / Marvelization of movies kinda depresses me, in that case.

I mean, yes. Of course it can be fun to have characters hop in and out of each other's movies. And it's entertaining to see all these films tie-in and build up to a major ultimate climax of galactic proportions.

But the downside is that this formula can be somewhat rigid.

Like RFX mentioned, Harry Potter and LoTR franchise worked out and it had all the director's control (or a majority of their control at least). And those worked perfectly. I cannot imagine them getting made today without a bunch of studio execs wanting to shoe-horn bunch of needless references and post-credits scenes.

Like RFX said HP and LOTR works regardless because they are follow are rigid set of stories unlike comics where things are retcon and written by hundreds of people over years of time.

They did force (encouraged?) Jackson to extend the Hobbit to three films so...

Everyone trying to make a cinematic universe does feel like it could get tired quick but we'll see how Kong/Godzilla, Monsterverse, MIB/21Jump, etc... works.

Last edited:
Yeah that's why I mentioned LoTR only. HOBBIT had its moments but was unnecessary to make 3 films.

Fellowship and Two Towers are untouchable IMO

This is probably blasphemous to say but I actually really liked Return of the King up until the ghost army comes charging off the ships. Even at 12 years old, their inclusion in the war took me out of the movie.

After a river that looked like horses took out Ringwraithes, I forget everything I knew and just trusted the movie. :pimp:

After a river that looked like horses took out Ringwraithes, I forget everything I knew and just trusted the movie.
pimp.gif
Exactly! In a movie filled with water horses, giant spiders, and rings that cause invisibility; a ghost army is what takes me out of it.
laugh.gif

I felt like the ghost army was kind of like a cheat code that the heroes used instead of coming up with something creative, strategic, etc.

the ghost army felt like a cop out, a deus ex machina, they were just OP

but the film was still very good with it

probably one of the tv-verses multi-verse

like Gotham-verse and CW-verse though it could connect to Supergirl in some way

Lotr trilogy was great. It played like a 9 hr movie. Favorite of the series was number 2.

Hobbit trilogy in comparison is just really really bad

Hmmm, that would be kinda weird cuz I don't get any SUPERGIRL type of vibes from KRYPTON. The former seems a lot cheerier and bright....KRYPTON is gonna be a depression-fest

Then again, Punisher exists in the same universe as Spider-Man so........

this came out of nowhere....
Can't front, this looks pretty good. As long as they stay away from that CW calibur acting im in. And i'm guessing since they use the codec's like in MOS, this probably will be connected to the DCEU.

Last edited:
Forgot all about it. Looks like SyFy is continuing to give their new shows big budgets. Looks good.

I'll give the pilot a watch for the beautiful black chick I saw.

Trying not to prejudge the lead.

Last edited:
Speaking of untouchable geek properties,,,, the revamped Battlestar Galactica series is GOAT status (except for that kooky final season)

Back
Top Bottom