DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Reviews tell me it's just gonna be ok. Damn near every review said hey it's not great but it's not garbage like SS and BVS

I think it's more positive than just saying it's better than BVS/SS, at least that's how I took it.

I mean if it's not as good as TDK then it will always be between that and BVS/SS.

I'm just trying to read to those approved by twitter so there are at least some sense of credentials in the post and avoid the casual viewers who may have thought the last F4 was good.

I am sensing a fresh 75%-80% RT in the horizon so far.

Honestly, I've pretty much forgiven bad villains in almost CBM these days because even on the Marvel side it is an ongoing issue.

Highlights I am getting are the heroes with their own highlights, their interactions are great and the actions a blast. It might be enough to give it a good box office run.

Sounds like some Marvel reviews. Storyline has flaws but it's overcome by great characters and actors. Villain ain't great but it's easy to let that slide when you have fun.

I think it's more positive than just saying it's better than BVS/SS, at least that's how I took it.

I mean if it's not as good as TDK then it will always be between that and BVS/SS.

I'm just trying to read to those approved by twitter so there are at least some sense of credentials in the post and avoid the casual viewers who may have thought the last F4 was good.

I am sensing a fresh 75%-80% RT in the horizon so far.

Honestly, I've pretty much forgiven bad villains in almost CBM these days because even on the Marvel side it is an ongoing issue.

Highlights I am getting are the heroes with their own highlights, their interactions are great and the actions a blast. It might be enough to give it a good box office run.

That's all fine. It just sounds like people are settling for less. It's a Justice League film. It should be epic. Not just ok. And nah, there's definitely more middle ground between TDK and SS and BVS :lol:. But I'll take ok over SS and BVS level trash

but it's also a DC film where it always feels like they are extra critical, I guess it's all how you choose to translate those being posted

I've been reading it and my take is more positive

I mean yes it should be epic but again it is DC who most here would say are 1 for 4 and your expectations are that it should be epic?

what I'm getting is the story is thin and still fast paced (seems like the higher ups wanted a 2hr film so directors cut here we come) with bad cgi (why?) but the characters themselves are fun and the action is great

The dude who said it reminded him of a JL Unlimited episode
IMG_3079.GIF

Like a JLU episode? I love that show!

but it's also a DC film where it always feels like they are extra critical, I guess it's all how you choose to translate those being posted

I've been reading it and my take is more positive

I mean yes it should be epic but again it is DC who most here would say are 1 for 4 and your expectations are that it should be epic?

For the first JL film yes.

Dead at hoping this movie is good enough :lol:

I want my damn Arkham style Batman film! Is POTA director still involved?

I hope this is well. Agreed that Arthur curry looks funny for momoa.
Als what does the Nolan lecture mean? Pure baddassnes?

Dead at hoping this movie is good enough :lol:

I want my damn Arkham style Batman film! Is POTA director still involved?

I hope this is well. Agreed that Arthur curry looks funny for momoa.
Als what does the Nolan lecture mean? Pure baddassnes?
I assume the Nolan lecture was in reference to the dialogue that was had between characters about people, society and all that

I honestly just want a fun film, where the characters shine. I don't really care about the story, much like I didn't care about the story in A1. I just wanted to see all the heroes on screen at the same time and have it be epic. If the characters have their very own distinct dynamics with each other(seems like they do) then it will flourish. I think the hang ups are besides WW, the previous films haven't really paid attention to the details.
I'm still hyped to see characters who haven't had their own solos be part of the ensemble and then split up. Should be an interesting thing going forward. I mean WW and Bats are pretty much the audience in JL, with no one really knowing what to expect from Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg.

should be a fun ride.
Really need that Flash movie and Supes sequel tho.

but again, that is what everyone wants but again it is DC who hasn't been consistent to most of you and you expect them to jump that high?

isn't that what we hope for all CBMs? EVen if they make a solo Miek film?

I mean you're already setting yourself up for failure there.
They jumped high with WW

No it's not the hope for all cbms. For the first JL film, yes. People in here constantly state WW, Superman and Batman are the most iconic characters. For the most iconic characters to be onscreen for the first time I would like more than ok.

I'm not setting myself up for failure . I still recognised the fact that people say it's good and that's great to hear. I still can be disappointed in the fact that it's not going to be as epic as it should be and like the film at the same time

The fact their's no mention of Superman at all saddens me, he must of literally showed up at the very end to fight and that was it

but we're talking about general feelings and take on it (especially here on NT)

but think back, does WW have a terrible villain? does it have bad cgi?

I mean if you think WW was epic and it has the same flaws as JL, maybe, just maybe it'll be epic for you too?

The fact their's no mention of Superman at all saddens me, he must of literally showed up at the very end to fight and that was it
Perhaps that is a good thing. Maybe the radio silence on superman means that they are effectively keeping his reappearance a secret.

but we're talking about general feelings and take on it (especially here on NT)

but think back, does WW have a terrible villain? does it have bad cgi?

I mean if you think WW was epic and it has the same flaws as JL, maybe, just maybe it'll be epic for you too?

The general feeling from what I remember is that people here loved it aside from the 3rd act

I don't think WW was epic. It definitely had epic moments, and I thought it was great for the most part. I just think it was slightly given a little too much praise for obvious reasons, and I don't think it beats out other cbms that came out this year.

to be fair everyone is saying the action in the films are great, might be epic if it's worth anything

the most often criticisms i have seen/heard of WW was the boris and natasha act by ole boy and dr poison.. and then ares at the end

Back
Top Bottom