DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

This and the falling on her boobs joke were so unnecessary and didn't add anything to the movie; it just wasn't funny and felt like a middle school kid joke. Jenkins did a great job of keeping that type of stuff out of the solo movie, but either Snyder, Joss or both just couldn't resist here.

Yeah it seemed disrespectful to the character who they were trying to paint as the leader of the team. At least the Flash one was funny and awkward. The others were just there for no reason at all.

They killed Superman only to not have him in the black suit and mullet when he returns and then just to make sure you felt the sting they zoomed in on his crisp line up in the back. Why did Superman’s shirt and tie and shoes disappear when he was resurrected but his pants magically stayed on? What did the league do that Superman himself couldn’t? I was waiting for a choreographed sequence fight from the whole league against Steppenwolf the whole third act and we got nothing but a few shoves and ice breath :stoneface: the Zod fight is better than the fight against Steppenwolf, the doomsday fight is better than the fight against Steppenwolf and even the Ares fight is better than the fight against Steppenwolf. Insane.
Why does Hulk lose his shirt and shoes but his pants magically grows with him?

I get nowadays everyone has to act like an expert about everything under the sun, but some of you guys are too much :rofl:

This and the falling on her boobs joke were so unnecessary and didn't add anything to the movie; it just wasn't funny and felt like a middle school kid joke. Jenkins did a great job of keeping that type of stuff out of the solo movie, but either Snyder, Joss or both just couldn't resist here.

i'm more hopeful for the sequel for WW because i think snyder being removed will resolve some of the issues i had with the film (what was done with aries at the end.. the unnecessary use of slow mo during some of the actions sequences)

if whedon plays a role throughout the whole DECU, i think that i will be huge for it

Hoping is at least better than Age Of Ultron, because GOD that movie was TRASH.

INB4 the Disney boys come and torch me

I hate how they kept mentioning he was getting older. Man. Honestly sucks. I know he was moving well, but clearly this Batman knows he isn't the same of old.

That's what we deserve.

Wait, AOU was trash? :wow: :wow:

Oh and i woulda liked if they woulda drawn out the battle vs evil superman a bit more.
When flash was running and you just see him look at it , his reaction was priceless :lol:
That little sequence was dope af

Going back to BvS -

I don't feel like there was any payoff with the Flash scene from that movie. Flash comes back to tell Bruce that he's right about Superman, to find them and that Lois is the key. While Lois was used as the thing to calm Superman down after the resurrection, none of that gets mentioned in this movie at all. I did like how they went back to address Wonder Woman disappearing from humanity and how she shouldn't have done that. They made an effort to try to fix things that weren't well received in BvS.
Actually if you think about it, there probably was a small reference to it but it was most likely cut.
Flash says 'You were right about him the whole time, she is the Key" right?
Coulda definitely been related to Batman being the one to suggest bringing him back, and his "contingency" , aka Lois.. But yes the scene where Flash runs back may not even happen until the next JL or sometime during Flash Point.

AOU is another example of needing less.. you dont really appreciate certain parts of the movie because it's just too much (like take the hulk buster scene and it coming after that initial fight with ultron and the twins)

but there is a lot of good in the film that make aspects of it extremely re-watchable (like the aforementioned hulk buster scene.. anything with vision)

To me the real avengers sequel was Civil War...AoU felt more like Iron Man 4

CW handled a number of things going at once well, really well.. they were able to introduce 2 new significant characters without making them feel forced and having them have legit substance and value in the film (hell i'd say BP and spidey were the best parts of the movie)

you dont feel like anyone is marginalized in the film

AOU didnt do that well.. and there are great sequences in the film.. kinda like TDKR.. where there is good there.. the flaws were just a lil too much

I thought it was a good movie. I enjoyed it very much. Better than I thought as well. I think they DC did a better job with the villain than any other DC movie before.

I did not enjoy the attempt to make Batman "funny," I think I can attribute that to Joss Whedon, but I would have left the funny parts to just Aquaman and Flash.

Looking forward to seeing whats next for the DC Universe.

I do think people are too hard on DC, but should just walk in sit back and just enjoy the two hours. But thats just me.

sucker punch, perfectly epitomizes snyder to me..

could have kept it simple and came out with a very entertaining action movie (which i think everyone was expecting from the trailers, pretty simple story line like 300).. but dude tried to do too much and ended up screwing the whole thing.. dont get me wrong i'll still watch the 3-4 action sequences if i see those on randomly

also think that was an issue with MOS and BvS, mainly BvS
sucker punch was one of the worst movie i have ever seen. ever

it wasnt that bad but oh my god i died laughing when ultron was in deep thought as the twins told them their story

I thought it was a good movie. I enjoyed it very much. Better than I thought as well. I think they DC did a better job with the villain than any other DC movie before.

I did not enjoy the attempt to make Batman "funny," I think I can attribute that to Joss Whedon, but I would have left the funny parts to just Aquaman and Flash.

Looking forward to seeing whats next for the DC Universe.

I do think people are too hard on DC, but should just walk in sit back and just enjoy the two hours. But thats just me.

Stopped at I think they did a better job than other DC villains

You buggin. Mos had Zod and Bae-ora

I feel you on this, but this is Justice League bruh. I feel like we're just settling for ok when this movie really should have been the one to launch the DCEU to the next level.

Why should we give it a pass when the creatives behind the movie or the studios aren't giving us 100%?

I mean, if we're going the, "it's a comic book movie, what more do you want route" then sure, the movie is good enough to enjoy some popcorn with. Justice League deserves better than that though.

Last edited:
Was hyped as hell for MOS when they first dropped that trailer of Bearded Batman Begins Superman. Crazy the decline in my hype since then.

Was hyped as hell for MOS when they first dropped that trailer of Bearded Batman Begins Superman. Crazy the decline in my hype since then.
was at the sdcc panel for that, wouldve loved to watch the film with the same audience to hear their reactions in comparison to those from the panel :lol:

Back
Top Bottom