DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

My brother saw it and said it was terrible. His friends didn’t like it either. Guess I can skip this movie and just wait for star wars.
This is the same brother who loved BvS?

I find it hard to believe that this is as bad as BvS was

Last edited:
I enjoyed the movie, myself. The only thing I didn't care much for was Cyborg's part in the beginning but this movie entertained me. Especially after Supes woke up.

I could definitely tell which where the Joss Whedon jokes though and that second after-credits scene tho:nthat:

I was waiting for a choreographed sequence fight from the whole league against Steppenwolf the whole third act and we got nothing but a few shoves and ice breath :stoneface: the Zod fight is better than the fight against Steppenwolf, the doomsday fight is better than the fight against Steppenwolf and even the Ares fight is better than the fight against Steppenwolf. Insane.

Not gonna lie, As a big fan of group shots in movies, I was waiting for a scene like this to get the feels up. That, and the lack of a main theme is something they were definitely missing too.

Last edited:
Where's Bosh in that Avengers scene?

bosh_avengers_medium.gif

yea that was awesome. Really glad flash was a bit faster that scene. BUT, clearly Flash had a huge head start when he went off saving people going 'west' and supes catches up to him 10mims later like nothing -_-

Going back to BvS -

I don't feel like there was any payoff with the Flash scene from that movie. Flash comes back to tell Bruce that he's right about Superman, to find them and that Lois is the key. While Lois was used as the thing to calm Superman down after the resurrection, none of that gets mentioned in this movie at all. I did like how they went back to address Wonder Woman disappearing from humanity and how she shouldn't have done that. They made an effort to try to fix things that weren't well received in BvS.

Movie just ended and honestly, my feelings are hurt. Everyone deserved better. The cast and crew, the audience. Even Hack Snyder deserved to have his ACTUAL story told. This was watered down nonsense. Scenes jumping everywhere. Couldn’t atop cringing at Cyborg and Flash disturbing Superman’s grave and digging him up. How is Fox’s Quicksilver still the best speedster we’ve seen on screen :sick: The Thermyscara battle is just blatantly disrespectful cgi wise. The last battle was insanely underwhelming I’m just at a lost for words. There were a few things that the movie did REALLY well however mainly, the feeling of the Justice League being together but we’ve gotten superhero team chemistry already and it was LEGENDARY. You would think that the original superhero team would trump what came before it but this movie isn’t even better than MoS and my mind can’t comprehend it. This was literally a 2 hr episode of power rangers. They even went to the command center to regroup and had their helmets off :smh:
Co worker of mine said the same thing. He was so hyped to see it; came in at work looking depressed.

that flash scene in BVS is prolly still later down the line. In later films. But Bruce should of been like I seen you before in a dream. But what really happened was that it was a stupid scene that they forced on us to try and set something up :lol:

yea that was awesome. Really glad flash was a bit faster that scene. BUT, clearly Flash had a huge head start when he went off saving people going 'west' and supes catches up to him 10mims later like nothing -_-

at least he was flying because on a foot race, Flash should take him easy

like in the end credit race, Supes only chance is to fly

Flash saving that family and being so happy and Supes carrying a whole apartment building was :lol:

I liked this film, disliked every other film in the DCFU besides WW but this one was good to me. Maybe its because I dont expect much from DC movies but the good definitely outweigh the bad.
Some great scenes, especially with Supes. Batman felt useless, seems like a Batman Beyond set up (a man can dream damn it)
Cyborg looked like some balled up aluminum foil
But all in all I enjoyed it.

true about Supes flying. Yea that building scene was awesome. Felt bad for my dude flash :lol: jeez Supe is way OP, though. Took on the whole JL like nothing bats felt underpowered to me. All these dudes swinging at Ares and this dude looking from the side :lol: his first scene was nice.

I'm here at the doctor's office and Ben Affleck is on some talk show

Why is he so fat. Shouldn't he have been in shape for JL

Bats definitely could have used more badass scenes like in BvS. Like the opening was cool but he should have had a sequence by the sewers or something with the parademons in comparison to the warehouse scene.

Man I’m gonna still watch it. I’m a comic head so I’m gonna set very low expectations. Try to enjoy it for what it is.

Random thoughts :lol: I also noticed the zoom in on the crisp line up. DK why they had to do us like that.

The WW butt shots were pretty weird. I don't mind them but they were pretty unnecessary. Extra out of place.

The Aquaman Atlantis scenes need to be better for the solo movie but the character was dope. I thought Ezra nailed Flash. Cyborg looked pretty good to me but his character wasn't nearly as fun or interesting as he usually is. The characters were great but this really would've benefitted from an Aquaman solo flick coming out before this.

Snyder just makes poor and uninteresting decisions at times that really mess with the flow of the movie. Sometimes trying to be deep and powerful can be risky. If it doesn't work, it REALLY hurts the film. If you try to keep it fun, even if it doesn't work, you won't lose the audience. You could really see which parts were Whedon or Snyder.

Random thoughts :lol: I also noticed the zoom in on the crisp line up. DK why they had to do us like that.

The WW butt shots were pretty weird. I don't mind them but they were pretty unnecessary. Extra out of place.

The Aquaman Atlantis scenes need to be better for the solo movie but the character was dope. I thought Ezra nailed Flash. Cyborg looked pretty good to me but his character wasn't nearly as fun or interesting as he usually is. The characters were great but this really would've benefitted from an Aquaman solo flick coming out before this.

Snyder just makes poor and uninteresting decisions at times that really mess with the flow of the movie. Sometimes trying to be deep and powerful can be risky. If it doesn't work, it REALLY hurts the film. If you try to keep it fun, even if it doesn't work, you won't lose the audience. You could really see which parts were Whedon or Snyder.
It's a travesty that he was employed by the DCEU as long as he was

sucker punch, perfectly epitomizes snyder to me..

could have kept it simple and came out with a very entertaining action movie (which i think everyone was expecting from the trailers, pretty simple story line like 300).. but dude tried to do too much and ended up screwing the whole thing.. dont get me wrong i'll still watch the 3-4 action sequences if i see those on randomly

also think that was an issue with MOS and BvS, mainly BvS

This and the falling on her boobs joke were so unnecessary and didn't add anything to the movie; it just wasn't funny and felt like a middle school kid joke. Jenkins did a great job of keeping that type of stuff out of the solo movie, but either Snyder, Joss or both just couldn't resist here.

Movie was enjoyable but it was a mess. I really did loved the chemistry between the team though.

Cavill reached Supes true characterization and that was awesome to see.

More later, still processing everything.

Back
Top Bottom