DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I may not just have an eye for this ****, but I really don't see it :lol:

Edit: okay I see it now :lol: but I really had to look and continue to loop it to really notice.

:lol: had they went with long hair, bearded Supes like they should have, wouldn't be a prob. Then again they couldn't use their pet cemetery storyline.

I may not just have an eye for this ****, but I really don't see it :lol:

Edit: okay I see it now :lol: but I really had to look and continue to loop it to really notice.

Not gonna lie, ignoring his accent and the bad CGI, the "Do you bleed line" seems pretty bad ***. I could see them doing this down the line based on the reception Superman is getting

My dream would be a nice happy medium of the two - each series with 10-12 total movies with big events at eps. 4, 8 & 12. Instead, we're already 17-deep in the MCU after Regnarok, and only five flicks (and two big events already) into the DCEU.

source.gif

Also in the beginning, when the kids were interview Sups in their vid, why his face look so shopped & animated?

:lol: had they went with long hair, bearded Supes like they should have, wouldn't be a prob. Then again they couldn't use their pet cemetery storyline.

they didn't know Whedon was going to reshoot Cavill and that Paramounts gon' be a lil b about the mustache being shaved :lol:

Watched it today and was thoroughly enjoyed honestly. Was a bit disappointed in somethings but still enjoyed it overall.

Really didn’t like the shots of Gal Gadot butt, I mean she is an gorgeous woman but I rather not see her all sexed up for the role.

Stephenwolf (sp) tho....I usually look up to DC to give villains more depth and screentime when Marvel can’t even do that but this dude....smh was completely forgettable, nothing really more on that.

I laughed at the scene where Supes was revived with cube and they completely leave it unguarded and was surprised Stephenwolf took. Smfh

And the CGI mustache was STRAIGHT noticeable!! Mannnnnn it was extremely bad!

That is all

DC hero's are different from Marvel hero's, their a lot harder to adapt in my opinion. The bigger ones anyway
DC also has the advantage of having the MOST well-known heroes to the general, non-comic book fans. Superman and Batman names alone should have driven these movies to better box office. This is really a credit to what Marvel has done in introducing characters most really don't know and getting them interested in the characters.

I'm hoping DC can get a formula that works for them. We need these movies to be better.

Gal Gadot doesn't even have a butt.

Also in the beginning, when the kids were interview Sups in their vid, why his face look so shopped & animated?
A completely meaningless scene. Especially to start the movie.

He looked horrible cuz he grew a mustache for Mission Impossible and Paramount wouldn't let him shave it for Whedon's reshoots.

they need to have that suit padded up like Batflecks, maybe add extra muscle in there too

DC also has the advantage of having the MOST well-known heroes to the general, non-comic book fans. Superman and Batman names alone should have driven these movies to better box office. This is really a credit to what Marvel has done in introducing characters most really don't know and getting them interested in the characters.

I'm hoping DC can get a formula that works for them. We need these movies to be better.
I agree with you on Batman, but after Nolan's story finished it wouldn't make too much sense to jump out so soon with him again so I can forgive that to an extent. Superman has been a struggle to get going in any medium since the new 52 went mainstream. The main complaint I hear is that he's boring or too powerful (I disagree but he's my favorite hero ever) but Snyder did him no favors with Man of Steel (nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, had some serious flaws though.)

Keep in mind that before your generation there was both Superman and Batman movies. Even series. They should draw a much larger audience than Marvel products outside of Captain America. We are talking all the way back to the 50's for both of them.

Such a great ****ing cartoon.
Snyder should of watched this before taking on Batman vs Superman to understand the dynamic

The cartoon had their relationship down pact, these dudes are contemporaries who dont always agree but hold a ton of respect for each other. No reason on earth for them to be sworn enemies

I just found this humorous

Keep in mind that before your generation there was both Superman and Batman movies. Even series. They should draw a much larger audience than Marvel products outside of Captain America. We are talking all the way back to the 50's for both of them.
I agree with you, I'm not denying that. What I'm saying is that if the audience doesn't have faith in those films or shows based on previous history (Man of Steel, BvS) then at some point they will stop falling for it and take their money else where. Theirs a reason we didn't get a Superman Returns sequel, cause people hated the first one. Again DC has struggled to adjust Superman to this generation, I'm not sure why but they have

I can only speak for my experience, but as an 80s baby and child of the 90s, Marvel has always been more popular overall where I grew up, but Batman and Superman were exceptions. The X-Men were the biggest superhero team of my childhood. Jim Lee/Fox Kids animated series era. All the kids at school used to collect Marvel cards from vending machines and trade them at recess.

I've got a friend who doesn't like DC because he thinks their heroes are "corny". After he watched Inhumans (and proceeded to dook on it :lol:), he said that the Inhumans were lame and seemed like "DC characters" because they have powers like strong elastic hair and concussive voice blasts. He loves characters like Wolverine, Iron Man, The Punisher, Deadpool, Daredevil, and Batman. I try to put him on game on some of the more eccentric characters, but he doesn't like them.

I used to be the same way, but as I started getting into the comics more, some of the eccentric characters have really entertaining stories. I had maybe a handful of X-Men comics as a kid, but I didn't have any full runs or arcs. Didn't get new issues on a monthly or weekly basis like I do now. It was all about the animated series. The JL cartoon got me into more of the characters. It carried over throughout the years. I would get hype when they'd have Icon and Rocket or Adam Strange show up on Young Justice.

It's a shame the DC movies aren't expanding the audience like you'd hope. I just want people to be able to enjoy these characters like I do. After Spider-Man and X-Men, Justice League was the last part of the trifecta of my dream live action superhero flicks. I think the WB CEO needs to seperate himself from the DCEU and let DC have a "DC Studios" equivalent where they can just focus on making the best adaptions for the fans.

Snyder should of watched this before taking on Batman vs Superman to understand the dynamic

The cartoon had their relationship down pact, these dudes are contemporaries who dont always agree but hold a ton of respect for each other. No reason on earth for them to be sworn enemies

I just found this humorous

My son will be 14 next month, but when he was a lil guy, we used to watch this Batman together. We ended up buying all the seasons on dvd. I loved watching this & the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon with him...

I can only speak for my experience, but as an 80s baby and child of the 90s, Marvel has always been more popular overall where I grew up, but Batman and Superman were exceptions. The X-Men were the biggest superhero team of my childhood. Jim Lee/Fox Kids animated series era. All the kids at school used to collect Marvel cards from vending machines and trade them at recess.

I've got a friend who doesn't like DC because he thinks their heroes are "corny". After he watched Inhumans (and proceeded to dook on it :lol:), he said that the Inhumans were lame and seemed like "DC characters" because they have powers like strong elastic hair and concussive voice blasts. He loves characters like Wolverine, Iron Man, The Punisher, Deadpool, Daredevil, and Batman. I try to put him on game on some of the more eccentric characters, but he doesn't like them.

I used to be the same way, but as I started getting into the comics more, some of the eccentric characters have really entertaining stories. I had maybe a handful of X-Men comics as a kid, but I didn't have any full runs or arcs. Didn't get new issues on a monthly or weekly basis like I do now. It was all about the animated series. The JL cartoon got me into more of the characters. It carried over throughout the years. I would get hype when they'd have Icon and Rocket or Adam Strange show up on Young Justice.

It's a shame the DC movies aren't expanding the audience like you'd hope. I just want people to be able to enjoy these characters like I do. After Spider-Man and X-Men, Justice League was the last part of the trifecta of my dream live action superhero flicks. I think the WB CEO needs to seperate himself from the DCEU and let DC have a "DC Studios" equivalent where they can just focus on making the best adaptions for the fans.

As one of the resident old heads, outside of the Linda Carter Wonder Woman :evil:, Adam West Batman & the Bill Bixby Hulk shows, I remember a host of Comic shows some of which were in syndication by the time I saw them... These were a few of the more well known big name super heros... The Spider Man & Wonder Woman theme songs were legit... :lol:

Last edited:

I'm a 90s baby, aside from the Superfriends, Batman TAS and Superman TAS most of the stuff on TV was Marvel. How many X-men or Spiderman cartoons were on television? Anybody remember Marvel vs Capcom? I echo alot of what you said except for people thinking DC was corny. Alot of my friends didnt even know anyone for DC outside of the Justice League. Hell even I wasn't too familiar with Martian Man Hunter when Cartoon Network aired the new JL show. Marvel was just alot more visible outside of comic books as a whole in the 90s and early 2000s and it helped them in the long run. Theirs been like 3 or 4 different avenger tv shows, 2 F4 shows, and like 4 X-men cartoons since like 95. Thats why JLU was so damn dope, it put people onto a bunch of other hero's they otherwise wouldn't of known existed. Green Arrow has a show now. This is why I said DC was top heavy, the trinity along with maybe Flash and GL are bigger in terms of star power, but Marvel has done a better job of spreading the limelight among their 2nd, 3rd, maybe even 4th tier guys.

As one of the resident old heads, outside of the Linda Carter Wonder Woman :smile:evil:smile:, Adam West Batman & the Bill Bixby Hulk shows, I remember a host of Comic shows some of which were in syndication by the time I saw them... These were a few of the more well known big name super heros... The Spider Man & Wonder Woman theme songs were legit... :lol:

I used to watch a lot of those old shows in syndication as a youngin'. Loved watching the Adam West Batman and the old Hulk show. I think I've seen the old Shazam show all of once and never liked the character until the New 52. (Don't hate me. :lol:) I had to go back and dig up some older stuff out of respect. Didn't even know they had a live action Cap or Spidey in the 70s. Wow.

Back
Top Bottom