DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I don't like Marvel more than DC or vice versa. I'm also not saying Marvel movies are better than DC.

When I read comics, I read whatever titles as long as the art was good & it was written well.

I want to like comic book movies, but a majority of them have been very bad. I posted in here because JL was the latest super hero movie I saw.

Oh, certainly... it's just part of the overall conversation of the health of CBMs in general, and how both series have had hits and duds. It's just the ratio is higher in the DCEU. But the MCU is absolutely not without faults. My dream would be a nice happy medium of the two - each series with 10-12 total movies with big events at eps. 4, 8 & 12. Instead, we're already 17-deep in the MCU after Regnarok, and only five flicks (and two big events already) into the DCEU.

Well if you follow that formula, Avengers have been pretty consistent with what you want. I actually like that Marvel has solo films for most characters alongside with sequels for them.

DC hero's are different from Marvel hero's, their a lot harder to adapt in my opinion. The bigger ones anyway
Agreed, I view DC as superheroes having issues being human whereas Marvel human's have to adjust to being a superhero(there are exceptions such as Thor and Vision. DC are like "gods" adjusting down and Marvel are like "normal" people adjusting up.

Agreed, I view DC as superheroes having issues being human whereas Marvel human's have to adjust to being a superhero(there are exceptions such as Thor and Vision. DC are like "gods" adjusting down and Marvel are like "normal" people adjusting up.

My thoughts exactly, people can relate more to Marvel hero's on a personal level, hell they live in actual American cities for crying out loud. DC is also more top heavy when it comes to the big hero's as Marvel might have a greater quantity of smaller hero's with solid fan bases, none of them can match up to Batman or Superman individually.

My thoughts exactly, people can relate more to Marvel hero's on a personal level, hell they live in actual American cities for crying out loud. DC is also more top heavy when it comes to the big hero's as Marvel might have a greater quantity of smaller hero's with solid fan bases, none of them can match up to Batman or Superman individually.

The King of Wakanda disagrees...

The King of Wakanda disagrees...
How many games, films, shows have been produced about Black Panther? I'm not talking about fighting I'm talking about notoriety and history. He's not even the biggest hero on the Avengers. Batman and Superman their own amusement park rides for crying out loud

good thing for warner bros right now in regards to the box office is week 2 is black friday weekend.

It sucks how the DCEU brand is now the punchline for a joke when it comes to bad movies, even amongst kids!

My sister was planning on babysitting some 12 year olds to see the movie and only one wanted to go.

What a joke!

It sucks how the DCEU brand is now the punchline for a joke when it comes to bad movies, even amongst kids!

My sister was planning on babysitting some 12 year olds to see the movie and only one wanted to go.

What a joke!

Having a good cartoon on TV besides Teen Titans Go! could help

Nah, I agree with him completely. Out of the 487 MCU movies, I really only get excited to watch a couple of them when I see they're on TV. IM 1, Cap 1, Civil War... the rest I could honestly take or leave.

I'm actually irritated it took 10 years to finally get to fighting Thanos in IW. It's like the opposite of my frustration w/ the DCEU. WB dove right in to the JL stuff (wrongly), while Disney/Marvel were like "OK, you need to see 487 movies before we finally get to the boss battle" :lol:

Yea, I'm seeing that you're one of those fans that only gets up for huge Marvel events and that's fine but Marvel isn't going to blow their load early to cater to those fans. They geared their whole universe towards fighting Thanos and after that they will need to retool and work towards someone else. With the fox deal looking like its in the works, it looks like the timing of Infinity War is perfect.

screen-shot-2017-11-19-at-11-19-08-am-png.2007015

Yikes
ERzAg1X.gif

Just got back from watching it and I really liked it. This movie was really bad ***...big DC fan btw. lol...
Yeah, I wish it was longer here and there. But it was entertaining.
The final act at the radio active plant (where the team was arriving) I could see glimpse of The Flash point Paradox...the visuals effects. (Please God have the right people to bring this to life).

good thing for warner bros right now in regards to the box office is week 2 is black friday weekend.

problem is Coco comes out wednesday and likely to dominate over the long weekend and then it's on to Star Wars a couple of weeks after that

I still think JL should have released after IT in September where it had little to no competition in the box office for practically two months because Kingsman 2 and Blade Runner both made little box office

not only was Ragnarok a surprise hit (added ~$25m domestic) and Wonder ate up close to $30m this weekend too (3x what was projected)

The biggest problem was that they rushed everything.

Can you imagine if Captain America had one solo movie, then they jump straight into Civil War before even putting together the first Avengers movie and Cap dies in that movie? Then he suddenly shows up in the first Avengers movie.

Sounds silly if you put it like that
It is silly.

What's sillier is you subbing in scumbag Steve for Superman :lol:
Dc will be fine. Just going through a learning curve
A costly one.
supermans mom be looking better imo
Not in this movie.

Made her look like an old grandma. A true travesty.

Back
Top Bottom