DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I understand where you're coming from... Like what you like. Some people don't get that...
Man y’all just don’t understand how a discussion works huh? “Do you” is fine but go ahead and not post anything on a message board then. The whole point of this is to go back and forth.

See this is where I’m at too...I get what they were trying to do with it but the way it turned out just didn’t hit...To me, if anything it showed how much Snyder just didn’t fundamentally get the character...We get this whole backstory of Clark pushing back against Johnathan, saving the kids on the bus, wanting to destroy the bullies...Then they pick this exact moment to have Clark take his fathers advice and let him die...Everything we’ve been told about Clark prior to that event in his life would indicate that he’s going to go out there and save his dad, despite of, and some may say in spite of what Johnathan was telling him to do...I mean they just had an argument in the car where Clark basically tells Pa that he isn’t his dad and he can’t tell him what to do, literally right before they exit the car due to the tornado...

I know it was used to put Clark in this overall will they accept me or vilify me angle they were going for, to protect others or to protect myself, decide what type of man you want to be etc...But there were certainly other ways to get his character there...

I always like the death by heart attack angle personally...If you have to kill off Pa Kent do it in a way that Clark has no control over...Death by tornado was completely preventable with all of Clark’s abilities at that point...

I get your point but it worked for me.

It’s just how Snyder does his movies...Instead of flushing out a story and working the visuals to fit, he imagines the visuals first and then tries to tie the story through those...Tornado killing Johnathan Kent was put in there simply because he thought it would look cool, I’m absolutely convinced of that...

Not to knock Snyder because he really knows how to film an action set piece...I’ve been saying for years that if Snyder would’ve gotten himself hooked up with or at the very least been more open to a halfway decent writer helping him out, well, we wouldn’t be having this conversation right now...

I mean there is no problem having the action set pieces figured out and then working the story into/around it

I think the most recent mission impossible worked exactly like that

But as you said, Snyder needs to realize his deficiencies and work with a better writer

But I think a lot of people involved in the DCEU failed on a number of little angles that were so unnecessary

They could of delivered that message in a much better way without him dying. He could of got really sick rendering Superman “powerless” to the situation. Something like that is MUCH more meaningful that an F5 Tornado killing him as he just stands there with people 20 yards away that are somehow just fine
TRUE.

Bottom line is, WB has no idea how to run this ship. CLEARLY.
They've ruin their chance and now we're all here wondering what
could have been.
Their vision wasn’t “that” bad imo BUT it just was riddled with problems that can’t be fixed. They bring in Batman...... and make him old man Batman for no reason. They bring in flash..... and he’s the worst possible flash possible. They bring in lex....... and we get jolly ranchers. I could go on forever. Nothing they did was right

brec_bassinger_jdrf_la_chapter_s_imagine_gala_in_beverly_hills_4_22_2017_2-gthumb-gwdata1200-ghdata1200-gfitdatamax.jpg

Brec-Bassinger-Feet-2377153.jpg

Their vision wasn’t “that” bad imo BUT it just was riddled with problems that can’t be fixed. They bring in Batman...... and make him old man Batman for no reason. They bring in flash..... and he’s the worst possible flash possible. They bring in lex....... and we get jolly ranchers. I could go on forever. Nothing they did was right
It's only recent decisions they've made that have been decent to good

Flash is cool but his costume is terrible

Aquaman from what I saw in JL and the new trailer for his movie seems all right. He definitely has potential

WW is the best dceu character they have so far

Shazam shows promise.

They're showing more promise. They got to take things a step further and fire/overhaul the costume people. Outside of WW and Aquaman the designs have been terrible.

Silicon Valley LEX?
Teletubby Flash?
They only did Batman, Superman, WW and Aquaman(still up in the air) right. And I'm using "right" very loosely.
It's like they've never read a comic book before. When I saw Lex on screen, first thing I thought about was how unlike Lex
this is. And I was on board with Eisenberg too.

Remember Green Lantern? Yeah. It's been a hot S*** STREAK with WW and MoS as the only good thing (which people still hated).

MOS had some stupid decisions behind it but as a starting point I was fine with it I guess (Fights were awesome too). Looking back I should of known something was up when BvS got revealed at one of the conventions and they used the tag line from the fight in The Dark Knight Returns. I said it when I saw it the first time but it was a mistake trying to make them have a full on death match and the justification behind it was insulting to both characters. Made the greatest detective in the world a gullible idiot

Back
Top Bottom