DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

CW has a chance to do something different with Batwoman. Hope they take advantage of it and Berlanti doesn't just do a female Arrow given how trash that was.

titans s2 nightwing
60833743_304335460445059_7529370521687832924_n.jpg

Batwoman looks trash. Looks like Ghostbusters 2016 all over again. Fake market-guided feminism as opposed to something authentic and nuanced like Legend of Korra (remember how like 80% of the cast were female warriors or women in leadership positions and they were just there kicking ***?) or Annihilation (which nobody talked about or saw despite having multiple strong female leads as scientists and a narrative dominated by female characters)

It's almost as if these people have never actually read any feminist literature

Last edited:
THE BATMAN: Robert Pattinson Is Choosing His Words Carefully When It Comes To Rumors He's The New Dark Knight
168534.jpg

The possibility of Robert Pattinson playing Batman has generated heated debates over the past week and during his appearances at the Cannes Film Festival, the actor has had to choose his words carefully.
Josh Wilding | 5/23/2019
Filed Under: "The Batman"
As of right now, the signs appear to be pointing to Robert Pattinson being Matt Reeves' Caped Crusader in The Batman. Despite the fact the actor has delivered several critically acclaimed performances since moving on from Twilight, many fans out there are enraged by the prospect of him playing the DC Comics superhero in the planned reboot/prequel.

Actors like Nicholas Hoult and Armie Hammer are also said to be in the running and Warner Bros.' decision will ultimately boil down to how costume tests and the like go in the coming weeks.

For now, Pattinson has been doing the rounds at the Cannes Film Festival to promote The Lighthouse. When he was asked by French magazine Gala about playing Batman, all he would say was, "I'm sorry, but I absolutely can't talk about that." The same thing happened in a Q&A session where smiled and he told journalists "I am only answering questions about The Lighthouse."

Time will tell whether Pattinson does end up starring in The Batman but there are definitely worse choices and he wouldn't be the first actor who came under fire from fans when they were cast, only to prove them wrong down the line (not everyone was happy when Chris Evans was cast as Captain America).

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batm...mes-to-rumors-hes-the-new-dark-knight-a168534

Enjoyed the Doom Patrol season finale. The roach and mouse make out session :rofl:I have a crush on Jane :blush:

I can't wait to see what they do with Swamp Thing. I've been reading some of the comics on the app while at work.

I'll watch Batwoman just because I love the scene of Gotham but if it is a female Arrow then I might pass. I tried with DC Legends but that just goes all over the place and lost interest. I'm watching Black Lighting and that's been my favorite since S1 of Flash.

Enjoyed the Doom Patrol season finale. The roach and mouse make out session :rofl:I have a crush on Jane :blush:

I can't wait to see what they do with Swamp Thing. I've been reading some of the comics on the app while at work.

I'll watch Batwoman just because I love the scene of Gotham but if it is a female Arrow then I might pass. I tried with DC Legends but that just goes all over the place and lost interest. I'm watching Black Lighting and that's been my favorite since S1 of Flash.
Post in the official thread man, see if some actual discussion can get rolling:

https://niketalk.com/threads/doom-patrol-tv-series-dcu-pilot-episode-available-on-youtube.682900/

And early reviews for swamp thing is that it's scary good. DCU doing great work with the TV shows.

Back
Top Bottom