DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I would do that too :lol:

It’s just so weird now because BvS shoehorned WW which she wasn’t needed at all.
And then gave us glimpses of AM, Flash, and Cyborg. Wasn’t needed at all and Alex basically giving them their logos :rofl:
Jeezus how much more terrible can you be at story telling. Bats nightmare sequence is now going down the drain too :lol:

You also can’t tell me the Afflecks Bats wouldn’t kill Joker, matter of fact that Joker doesn’t hold a candle to Batman. Just seems silly.

The more I type the more I think that gets me mad.
They shot themselves in the foot with bvs and it can never be fixed. Hit the reset on everything but WW and Shazam. Aquaman was a fail and SS is something worse than fail. “But da box office!!” Lol please spare me all that

I do agree. They need to kill and destroy any traces of the DCEU and keep doing standalones for now. Then work their way up to a new shared universe.

Missed their chance for a quick Crisis Batman flick to explain that away.

THE BATMAN - Here's How Robert Pattinson Landed The Role Of The Dark Knight

The Hollywood Reporter has shared a very interesting piece detailing how Robert Pattinson became the new Caped Crusader for The Batman. According to the trade, the actor was flown from Cannes to Los Angeles by Warner Bros. where he donned a Batsuit from a previous Batman movie in order to perform in a screentest, which would ultimately result in the studio deciding he was the right man for the role.

However, he wasn't the only one vying to fill Bruce Wayne's shoes.

Nicholas Hoult also took part in these screentests, and while his role as Beast in the X-Men movies didn't hurt his chances, one of the things that made Pattinson jump out to both Reeves and the studio was the fact he has no links to any other comic book properties and is coming in with something of a clean slate.

Reeves, however, reportedly spent hours poring over their work before meeting them in April and it's said that he wrote his script with certain actors in mind. This version of Batman will be around 30 years old and we're not getting an origin story or a veteran superhero; instead, Pattinson's Bruce Wayne will still be trying to find his footing as Gotham City's Dark Knight.

As for what made the actor stand out in those screentests, it's said that among the questions Reeves and Warner Bros wanted answered were, "Did they embody the character? How did their eyes look and act? Is there a specialness to them?" One insider says, "[Reeves] wanted very specific things. He knew what he was looking for."
If it came down to Hoult and Pattinson, looking at no one else and looking @ their resume then I can easily see why Robert got this :lol:

Hoult is NOT it. Better off getting Kick-*** or Eggsy from Kingsman to play Bruce Wayne.
Didn’t want Edward, but it’s whateve. Just want to see a real detective, device using bats with the white eyes like when he uses detective mode in the games.
Would be a real twist if by the end of the movie we discover Pattinson is Hush and Batman :lol:

They shot themselves in the foot with bvs and it can never be fixed. Hit the reset on everything but WW and Shazam. Aquaman was a fail and SS is something worse than fail. “But da box office!!” Lol please spare me all that
:rofl: @ the day DC cancels a movie that just made a billion dollars cuz the movie wasn't good.

Don't even see how they'd keep acting or directing talent from then on.

Last edited:
Brah, seriously just stop. I get it. You don't like the DCEU. But how can you call SS and AM failures?? SS grossed over 800 million and AM over a billion. And don't give me that notion that box office numbers don't determine if a movie is a success or failure. You use that logic all the time.

What goes through peoples minds when they type I wonder. Yes aquaman was not great it was good I liked but a fail? Seriously Come on now
AM was trash. If that’s the basis on which you want an entire EU to revolve around just for the sake of doing what marvel perfected than all I can do is laugh.

Brah, seriously just stop. I get it. You don't like the DCEU. But how can you call SS and AM failures?? SS grossed over 800 million and AM over a billion. And don't give me that notion that box office numbers don't determine if a movie is a success or failure. You use that logic all the time.
Again, how does the money WB gets make it a better movie? Transformers 1-5 ALL made huge money. They all sucked. How does the money make them not suck? All rhetorical btw. Don’t answer please. Like I said, spare me

Again, how does the money WB gets make it a better movie? Transformers 1-5 ALL made huge money. They all sucked. How does the money make them not suck? All rhetorical btw. Don’t answer please. Like I said, spare me
You are conflating your opinion with facts. The movies made money. In a business sense that makes them successes. Anything other than that is denial. Get that hatred out your heart.

You are conflating your opinion with facts. The movies made money. In a business sense that makes them successes. Anything other than that is denial. Get that hatred out your heart.
Lol dude cmon. First off I’m for good movies for the sake of having good movies. Secondly, I preferred DC over marvel long before any movies mattered. Lastly, the “it made money” argument is idiotic. BVS showed us that. SS backed that up 10000000 fold.

You guys can’t admit DC movieverse is trash and just needs to stop. They’re already getting away from it with Joker and Batman. If WW (which is fine) and AM (trash) are the new building blocks then prepare for that trash to continue

That seems to be a very limiting view of success.. especially when discussing films

To make a sports analogy, the cowboys are easily 1 of the most profitable football teams and yet they've won 3 playoff games in the last 22 years

Lol dude cmon. First off I’m for good movies for the sake of having good movies. Secondly, I preferred DC over marvel long before any movies mattered. Lastly, the “it made money” argument is idiotic. BVS showed us that. SS backed that up 10000000 fold.

You guys can’t admit DC movieverse is trash and just needs to stop. They’re already getting away from it with Joker and Batman. If WW (which is fine) and AM (trash) are the new building blocks then prepare for that trash to continue
Most of what you said is all well and good. But you still can't explain to me how AM and SS were failures. If you thought they were trash that's one thing, but where does the failure aspect come into play?

Most of what you said is all well and good. But you still can't explain to me how AM and SS were failures. If you thought they were trash that's one thing, but where does the failure aspect come into play?
My dude, look, I love you, I do but cmon man lol. SS was one of the worst comic book movies of all time for a vast cornucopia of reason I could write a dissertation about. AM is good only if it was 1995 again. Let’s stop all this :lol:

DC just needs to focus on making a great comic book movie.

That's it.

“DC” is not focused on anything. There isn’t a DC studios like there is a Marvel Studios. It’s just Warner Bros throwing **** on the wall. They have the producer from The Conjuring running things now. Brought on Geoff Johns for a while but he appears to be focused on doing his own thing now.

My dude, look, I love you, I do but cmon man lol.

giphy (1).gif

Right back at you bro

SS was one of the worst comic book movies of all time for a vast cornucopia of reason I could write a dissertation about. AM is good only if it was 1995 again. Let’s stop all this :lol:

Nah man, not at all. But it's cool. Imma leave it at that ............... for now :lol:

I do agree. They need to kill and destroy any traces of the DCEU and keep doing standalones for now. Then work their way up to a new shared universe.

Missed their chance for a quick Crisis Batman flick to explain that away.

If it came down to Hoult and Pattinson, looking at no one else and looking @ their resume then I can easily see why Robert got this :lol:

Hoult is NOT it. Better off getting Kick-*** or Eggsy from Kingsman to play Bruce Wayne.

Would be a real twist if by the end of the movie we discover Pattinson is Hush and Batman :lol:

:rofl: @ the day DC cancels a movie that just made a billion dollars cuz the movie wasn't good.

Don't even see how they'd keep acting or directing talent from then on.

Eggsy should be Jason Todd.

Back
Top Bottom