DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

SUPERGIRL Movie Will Reportedly Begin Filming Early 2020 With 2021 Release Date Likely

According to Forbes, Supergirl will be starting production during the first quarter of 2020 alongside Matt Reeves and Robert Pattinson's The Batman. Furthermore, casting for Kara Zor-El should be revealed in the coming months. This makes a 2021 release date, similar to The Batman, very likely.

Matthew Vaughn's scrapped plans for MoS2 dont make any sense as a sequel :lol:

He said he wouldve took ideas from his pitch with Millar that was a trilogy and somehow the movie wouldve been mostly on Krypton with Kal growing up there so he'd know more abkut his plm's society and culture.

That gotta be a reboot given what Snyder did with the origin.

Gonna be trash with King involved.

love tom king, so obviously i disagree, Vision, Mister Miracle, and Omega men are some of my favorite super hero comics in the last 10 years.

didn't read his batman run tho.

SUPERGIRL Movie Will Reportedly Begin Filming Early 2020 With 2021 Release Date Likely

According to Forbes, Supergirl will be starting production during the first quarter of 2020 alongside Matt Reeves and Robert Pattinson's The Batman. Furthermore, casting for Kara Zor-El should be revealed in the coming months. This makes a 2021 release date, similar to The Batman, very likely.
Ugh!! Why?? They already have that crappy tv show.

love tom king, so obviously i disagree, Vision, Mister Miracle, and Omega men are some of my favorite super hero comics in the last 10 years.

didn't read his batman run tho.
Batman run is trash. So trash they kicked him off his planned 100 issue run and w/e controversial ending he had planned. Giving him a Batman and Catwoman book instead.

Found his Vision to be very overrated.

Those two things made me stay away from anything he does now.

Dude is deemed trash in my eyes. Ava about to drop back to back dude if she don't smarten up.

Batman run is trash. So trash they kicked him off his planned 100 issue run and w/e controversial ending he had planned. Giving him a Batman and Catwoman book instead.

Found his Vision to be very overrated.

Those two things made me stay away from anything he does now.

Dude is deemed trash in my eyes. Ava about to drop back to back dude if she don't smarten up.

Yeaah, I think maybe you are being rather dismissive based off two books, his creator own work is also good, omega men is good. Miracle man was great, im looking forward to it.

He might just might not be clthe right fit for flagship characters like batman.

Yeaah, I think maybe you are being rather dismissive based off two books, his creator own work is also good, omega men is good. Miracle man was great, im looking forward to it.

He might just might not be clthe right fit for flagship characters like batman.
I really think his work is that bad though.

I'm sure his creative work must be better given that's what got him his Marvel and DC gigs. I am just not interested. For now, when I see or hear his name attached to work I assume it will not be good.

Can't envision good things for the New Gods movie with him involved.

Is Ava Durvey a good director??
Depends on what you think of her early work or Selma.

She also does documentaries both films and series. Has one on Netflix right called When They See Us about the Central Park 5. Another called 13th about the disproportionate amount of black men in prison.

I would say yes she's a very good director but she's relatively new so doesn't have a bunch of films under her belt yet. Something you can say about a lot of directors getting pretty big deal gigs as of late.

Wait is supergirl also not in the current dceu?

My exact thoughts...do we really need this DC?

Vixen, Huntress, or one of the green lanterns...Some one else for a change...
Aint no way Vixen or Huntress gets a solo movie :lol:

Of course they'd go with a derivative character if it ain't Wonder Woman.

They are or were thinking of that Birds of Prey movie and I think that Harley Quinn Gotham Sirens movie is being made.

DC would have to actually push a female superhero though if they want another with a solo movie. They messed up when they decided to continue as is and make JL Wonder Woman in a sausagefest. Same mistake Marvel made with Avengers but DC already had JLU as the perfect template to throw in a Hawkwoman to show some more representation.

Maybe they'll smarten up as things continue to change.

Aint no way Vixen or Huntress gets a solo movie :lol:

Of course they'd go with a derivative character if it ain't Wonder Woman.

They are or were thinking of that Birds of Prey movie and I think that Harley Quinn Gotham Sirens movie is being made.

DC would have to actually push a female superhero though if they want another with a solo movie. They messed up when they decided to continue as is and make JL Wonder Woman in a sausagefest. Same mistake Marvel made with Avengers but DC already had JLU as the perfect template to throw in a Hawkwoman to show some more representation.

Maybe they'll smarten up as things continue to change.

I’ll take a Bird of Prey...Hell even Batgirl. :lol:

Interesting point as regards to the JL direction about introducing future women heroines. There’s no lead.

I'm really intrigued by how DC going forward with Mamoa/Gadot will run in tandem with Pattisson & Co.
Not in terms of crossovers (apparently, that ain't happening. Or isn't it truly?:nerd:), but I'm mostly curious about the dynamics of it all.
Gonna be odd af. One thing I've noticed is general audiences can get lazy keeping up with convolutions, alternate timelines/universes and $#@%. Either way, my money's on Flashpoint, as Ezra Miller's still in the running. For better or worse.

Last edited:
Depends on what you think of her early work or Selma.

She also does documentaries both films and series. Has one on Netflix right called When They See Us about the Central Park 5. Another called 13th about the disproportionate amount of black men in prison.

I would say yes she's a very good director but she's relatively new so doesn't have a bunch of films under her belt yet. Something you can say about a lot of directors getting pretty big deal gigs as of late.
This is a very fair assessment of her. I still think it's a random choice for her to do a new gods movie, but I'm still intrigued by it

I really think his work is that bad though.

I'm sure his creative work must be better given that's what got him his Marvel and DC gigs. I am just not interested. For now, when I see or hear his name attached to work I assume it will not be good.

Can't envision good things for the New Gods movie with him involved.
Okay, fair enough but I think you are in the monitory when it comes Tom King.

his Mister Miracle run is very well regarded.

Saw a preview for batgirl series. It looked ok at times and looked like an 80’s tv show in others.

Last edited:
This is a very fair assessment of her. I still think it's a random choice for her to do a new gods movie, but I'm still intrigued by it
I mean I saw a comic movie coming her way when I saw she even showed interest in directing Black Panther but she passed or Marvel did.

Apparently she's a comic book nerd. So obviously that draw and itch is gonna be there.

New Gods specifically does seem unexpected and probably in the hands of a different studio someone else more experienced would be directing but I can't say a lot about who DC taps to direct nowadays. Seems way more like the iconic comic character is the draw more than anything else and DC just makes offers to any director with popularity or a good resume or has done well in the box office.
Okay, fair enough but I think you are in the monitory when it comes Tom King.

his Mister Miracle run is very well regarded.
Probably. I'm in a similar boat when it comes to Morrison. King has gained his critics from his Batman run and Heroes in Crisis though.

In the end, I think that comes down to him having literal detractors that dislike his work and the masses of ppl who also hate Johns, Bendis, Aaron, Hickman, Snyder, Remender, etc.

Last edited:
Reeve’s iteration of Batman will not tie into the DCEU right?

Hope the Supergirl movie ties into the MOS tease. Probably not at this point though :lol:

When did MOS tease Supergirl?
:lol:

Did you forget on the old/ancient Kryptonian ship having a perfectly intact pod that Clark found?

Man-of-Steel-Supergirl-teaser.jpg

Everyone basically saying it was a Supergirl easter egg/tease. Of course those ppl ignored how that couldnt be Clark's cousin Supergirl cuz this was an ancient Kryptonian ship that landed on earth centuries ago or w/e.

Anyway of course later on Snyder in one of many years later MoS/BvS fun fact tours said the pod wasnt a Supergirl tease.

Back
Top Bottom