DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Huge King of Comedy.
So crazy Deniro was so young back then and wanted to get on that one show and now he the old dude with a show.

it was a good movie and I enjoyed it... as far as action it dragged a bit but the story in general was good so I was entertained... but that last 30 minutes was pretty crazy though... I'm curious how the sequel will be or if they introduce batman which I would expect they would

Excellent movie. Amazing. The cinematography, the score, the acting, the story, everything was on point.
TDK and Joker are completely different movies, but I feel after watching it again I might have Heath= Joaquin as far as performances.

6/8, pretty good overall but I don’t get the hype at all. Phoenix was great as usual and the last 30 minutes were intense but...

I thought it was pretty predictable he didn’t have that kind of relationship with his neighbor and that Thomas Wayne wasn’t going to be his real father. Also can they please just stop showing the Wayne’s getting murdered at this point.

Dope movie. I enjoyed it. Dragged a little before the climax but for the most part i was engaged. Cinematography was on point.

6/8, pretty good overall but I don’t get the hype at all. Phoenix was great as usual and the last 30 minutes were intense but...

I thought it was pretty predictable he didn’t have that kind of relationship with his neighbor and that Thomas Wayne wasn’t going to be his real father. Also can they please just stop showing the Wayne’s getting murdered at this point.
Yeah they need to be done with that. A story element we no longer need to see

I agree movie was aite but that last 30 minutes though was dope

8/10 movie. I thought it was a little over dramaticized in some parts. Too many scenes with the slow mo dancing. We got it after 2 scenes of that.
Great character study into a subject with mental illness. Felt sorry for him, happy for him and uncomfortable at times but that’s how you know it’s a good movie.
Acting was a 10/10 superb on the part of Phoenix.
Deserves the Oscar this time. Still can’t believe he didn’t win it for The Master.

So basically they combined aspects of or has heavy nods to: the killing joke + the dark knight returns + the dark knight + 89 Batman + taxi driver + the king of comedy?

If I’m understanding everything right

So basically they combined aspects of or has heavy nods to: the killing joke + the dark knight returns + the dark knight + 89 Batman + taxi driver + the king of comedy?

If I’m understanding everything right

Fight Club too.

Sidenote, and this is just me being a weird graff nerd. I think that the tags that we see in the environment were pretty accurate for early to mid 70s graffiti. But once you start getting into the early 80's, graff started getting more complicated and intricate. Yes this is Gotham not NYC but the trains covered in graff inside and out is a NYC thing. Probably not a big deal to most people but again, graff nerd. I would have loved to see whole car burners. Some of those guys are still alive, they would have jumped at an opportunity like this.

MOVIE OF THE YEAR. BEST ACTOR.

The movie was just good.

Bout to watch it for a third time.

Just leaving the theater thinking it could all be a dream made me appreciate it more and send me back to Nolans final scene with Bruce and Alfred.

AT THIS POINT, THEY SHOULD SCRUB SUICIDE SQUAD, BVS, JL FROM EXISTENCE. DC should focus on making origins and going off their animated movies.

Caught at 10:10 showing last night. My theater (Alamo Drafthouse) actually showed The King of Comedy & Taxi Driver trailers beforehand, so cool.

I ****ing loved it. I may be nitpicking but I just think it took quite a bit of time for him to reach the Joker persona. Phoenix put on a clinic.

AT THIS POINT, THEY SHOULD SCRUB SUICIDE SQUAD, BVS, JL FROM EXISTENCE. DC should focus on making origins and going off their animated movies.
This is pretty much how they're approaching it. Gunn's SS is a soft reboot, new Batman, new Superman not even cast, we probably not seeing another JL movie until 2025.

Keep in mind, this Joker movie has absolutely nothing to do with any potential shared DC movieverse. Wouldnt be surprised if a new Joker is already cast.

This is pretty much how they're approaching it. Gunn's SS is a soft reboot, new Batman, new Superman not even cast, we probably not seeing another JL movie until 2025.

Keep in mind, this Joker movie has absolutely nothing to do with any potential shared DC movieverse. Wouldnt be surprised if a new Joker is already cast.

Yeah. I'll take these Origins over anything they've put out since since Superman

Why are people having a hard time comprehending that this is a one off film?
Do you really think anything in the DCU could be this good. Joker and TDK trilogy are the best movies involving DC characters and property and they are not part of the movieverse. Legit Nothing outside those 4 movies is even worth watching.

Do you really think anything in the DCU could be this good. Joker and TDK trilogy are the best movies involving DC characters and property and they are not part of the movieverse. Legit Nothing outside those 3.5 movies is even worth watching.

Need to put some respeck on LEGO Batman, the animated movies and burton Batman movies

They also have some graphic novels that have solid movies

Also Shazam was solid enough

Do you really think anything in the DCU could be this good. Joker and TDK trilogy are the best movies involving DC characters and property and they are not part of the movieverse. Legit Nothing outside those 4 movies is even worth watching.

its not that I don’t grasp they’re not part of the CU, more so that the DCCU has been such a let down.

animated films> theater releases for a long time.

Feel the same way about Venom. They should have incorporated him into the Mcu

its not that I don’t grasp they’re not part of the CU, more so that the DCCU has been such a let down.

animated films> theater releases for a long time.

Feel the same way about Venom. They should have incorporated him into the Mcu

MCU doesn't have the rights to Venom

Back
Top Bottom