DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

JUSTICE LEAGUE Star Henry Cavill Addresses Those SUPERMAN Trilogy Rumors

Recently, rumours started doing the rounds that Henry Cavill may have signed up to star in a new Superman trilogy. It had previously been reported that The Witcher star would return to the DC Extended Universe for a series of cameos, but the news that Cavill might star in not one, but three solo movies was definitely welcomed by fans.

This was very much unconfirmed, of course, and when GQ caught up with Cavill to discuss his new movie Enola Holmes, the actor chose his words carefully when asked about the rumours.

"Well, I think it’s important that this should be about Enola Holmes," he responded, before the reporter put it to him that what he was saying sounded more like a "no comment" than full-blown denial. To that, all Cavill would say was, "I said what I said."

I don't get it. I cant even say its grimey

What happened @ DC fandome to make then feel that way? :nerd: As far as I see it DC is semi-starting over again with the same properties; Suicide Squad, Batman, JL redux, Black Adam instead of Shazam, and WW.

Also the pic got me lost. How is the MCU Homelander attacking some village after killing some terrorists?

Keeping it a buck with you Zik I was blazed when I posted that. Not entirely sure what I found so hilarious about it, in hindsight 😅

JUSTICE LEAGUE Star Henry Cavill Addresses Those SUPERMAN Trilogy Rumors

Recently, rumours started doing the rounds that Henry Cavill may have signed up to star in a new Superman trilogy. It had previously been reported that The Witcher star would return to the DC Extended Universe for a series of cameos, but the news that Cavill might star in not one, but three solo movies was definitely welcomed by fans.

This was very much unconfirmed, of course, and when GQ caught up with Cavill to discuss his new movie Enola Holmes, the actor chose his words carefully when asked about the rumours.

"Well, I think it’s important that this should be about Enola Holmes," he responded, before the reporter put it to him that what he was saying sounded more like a "no comment" than full-blown denial. To that, all Cavill would say was, "I said what I said."
From what I hear Henry and his manager (Danny Garcia) are still in contract negotiations with WB.

"I said what I said" got me cracking up
4DE4881F-9D49-4389-ACBD-DAADB7C3BAEA.gif

I remember looking at the lacking amount of DC shows on HBO Max thinking they needed a lot more. With the announcements the past few weeks they may just have way too many shows in the works :lol:

Kiki Layne

Unless Marvel snatches her up first :lol: :nerd:

marvel gotta chill man leave some talent for other comic book movies

cant be leaving dc with scott baio and carrot top....

Not sure why they going with hawkman....

this feels like some of the characters they threw in the Harley Quinn movie while the harley quinn show was being made so well

So hold up I wasnt paying attention before, this Black Adam movie is taking place in a whole other universe? :nerd:

Even if they were sticking with what Snyder did it couldn't have happened in the past the way they present Superman as the first real superhero. Of course there is w/e the DC movie universe will be after the Flash movie.

Not sure why they going with hawkman....

this feels like some of the characters they threw in the Harley Quinn movie while the harley quinn show was being made so well
For a long time in the comics DC maintained comic continuity for two separate universes.

The one they started with going back to the 1930s and then the one most are familiar that got rebooted and revamped in the 1950s and 60s.

The OG one had the JSA which was a bigger team than the JL and while it had members like Bats, Supes, WW, Flash, and GL it was a different Flash and GL and dudes like Wildcat, Dr. Midnite, and Hourman were way more prominent.

So it's not really like being stuck with leftovers but referencing and making use of the source material and staying true to that. Also as things stand probably less complicated trying to add current Superman and Flash in that.

JSA101Blog_5808379c1cc0a6.87913618.jpg

Back
Top Bottom