DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

no idea what this thread is aboht

but watched Man of Steel again after a long time. This is one with Superman and General Zod.

Wow it was actually a 10/10 excellent movie. Just seems like it was a bit ahead of its time and could of used slightly a little marvel touch to make it perfect. I liked the whole movie though except the world engine and how noisy that was. Everything else especiallly Faora was fire

tenor.gif

no idea what this thread is aboht

but watched Man of Steel again after a long time. This is one with Superman and General Zod.

Wow it was actually a 10/10 excellent movie. Just seems like it was a bit ahead of its time and could of used slightly a little marvel touch to make it perfect. I liked the whole movie though except the world engine and how noisy that was. Everything else especiallly Faora was fire
I really like MoS too. Idk about a 10/10 tho :lol:

The wife and I recently rewatched BvS extended cut too, and there are parts of it that I really did like. But one of the things that irritated me is Bruce Wayne - this MF did not do any kinda detective work on Superman/Clark and just accepted the evidence that Lex was clearly laying out for him - and he was just eating that **** up, no questions asked. Made him kinda look dumb IMO. Like a damn meat head on muscle beach.

Lex is still the worse part of the movie IMO. Idk if it’s Eisenberg, the writing, or a combination of both - but whatever the plan is for the future I hope it doesn’t involve this iteration of Lex.

The entire message of that movie is terrible.

I feel like ppl treat MoS like some 90s mindless action flick and completely ignore the story when they rate it.

i allowed it because this isn’t Smallville and us getting multiple seasons to get through a character arc.

There had to be a traumatic moment somewhere to make the leap from farm boy to oil rig man. Thought it showed his vulnerability as a human..that his emotional read of a situation may strongly conflict with what makes simple sense.

just my take on it.

My 10/10 rating isn’t bad on it’s the best movie ever. I just thought on this rewatch i realized this is exactly what i want out of a superhero movie. A 5% Marvel light heartedness sprinkle could of helped. However, if this movie was the starting point of a part of a Marvel storyboard with 5-10 other movies that’s really the dream that was possible (which didn’t happen).

i allowed it because this isn’t Smallville and us getting multiple seasons to get through a character arc.
The problem was that character arc though.

You don't need a tv series to tell a good character arc for Superman especially if it's about his childhood and how his human parents

There had to be a traumatic moment somewhere to make the leap from farm boy to oil rig man.
Again, why is Superman becoming a roaming nomadic oil rig man? That's the problem. Why does Superman have to be disillusioned with his place in the world and have that be due to his human parents?

To me its just pure trash storytelling.

this is exactly what i want out of a superhero movie.
This is what I find weird and apparently a good deal of ppl feel similar to you. That ppl think this story is good at all but they want something like this for a Superman story. I don't get how its relatable or enjoyable.

I really don't understand it. Especially since I cant find anything else like it for a comparative example.

Man's is taught to fear humanity as a child, that if he's found out he'd be taken away or be treated in a harsh way. His dad dies over this message in front of him. He becomes an emo wanderer that helps ppl around the world on the low instead of trying to learn more about his real parents. Then somehow just cuz he meets Lois Lane he cares more enough to be a public figure specifically because of her.

It just gets worse as a story when you move his narrative on to BvS.

MOS was cool but still a disappointment to me given the trailers we got. I was really expecting to watch Clark travel the world working odd jobs and discovering himself.

Public Enimies was suprsingly great. Really enjoyed, was hoping we would see something similar down the line after JL or maybe even right before when Bruce and Clark actually became friends

all rumor, but Grace up there is practically in bed with Snyder.
Taking it with a whole lotta salt. Wasnt the reshoot budget like 30mill?
Nah, I doubt this is true.
I think the original scope of work was $30M. Seen some rumor it’s gone up significantly.

Swear whole lot of em except caville gonna be all outta shape...
Affleck especially. Especially when he's stressed...

Back
Top Bottom