DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Before SS was released or right around premiere there was the talk about the reshoots and the scenes cut from the theatrical version.

Off top there was talk of a possible director's cut. Then Ayer most likely was told to stand by the release so he lied and said this was the only version and his vision.

Shortly after talk about whole swath Joker scenes were cut so ppl knew there was more to it that wasn't just due to editing sacrifices.

As for Fisher :lol: Been knew DC was racist. So execs made racist comments behind his back and he's trying to tie that with all the ppl of color getting cut from JL. Said it before in previous rants, JL is really an all white sausage fest. Cyborg was forced/retconned on the team as a token. All the Flash movie really did was copy the Flash tv show as far as a black Iris West.

With that said I'm missing what that got to do with w/e Joss Whedon did that was so horrible and unprofessional.

I remember after the Comic-Con trailer dropped how excited I was for Suicide Squad. Woof.

Worst thing that happened to them was Guardians of the Galaxy. :lol:

The characters for ss2 look goofy as hell. Really wondering if gunn can make it work.

“A lot of what these guys were doing was in an effort to prevent themselves from being fired during AT&T’s merger with Time Warner,”

I believe this, these management types turn into a rabid ferret trapped in a box when they feel their job is on the line and make erratic decisions.

The characters for ss2 look goofy as hell. Really wondering if gunn can make it work.

looks like it right up gunns alley plus he has the liberty to kill any or all characters so i think in that regard it'll be pretty fun

looks like it right up gunns alley plus he has the liberty to kill any or all characters so i think in that regard it'll be pretty fun
Yeah I'm expecting more than half of them to die. Gunn read a comic or saw the animated movies and is gonna totally lean in to the suicide part of this team. Between Waller and the villain I hope to see a bunch of head explosions and decapitation 30 min in.

All these excuses after the fact. You directed a dud, it's okay. You fall off the horse and just get back on it.

What are they supposed to do once the studio comes in and forces them to include the stuff that's making you call SS a dud?

Someone on Twitter suggested this, and I agree: they should drop the SS Ayer Cut on HBO as apart/prequel of the ZS JL stuff.

Read both the new and original versions of the article. I dont see anything that would result in jail time for any of the accused. Only change I really saw were some responses from WB was added and it mentioned the investigation was still ongoing. Guess the writer made it seem like fact. Why didn't the editor review it before posting though?

EDIT: Apparently a statement about altering someone skin tone digitally was omitted.

Last edited:
What are they supposed to do once the studio comes in and forces them to include the stuff that's making you call SS a dud?
Usually directors who want to keep their creative integrity leave the project over "creative differences". We've seen it over at Star Wars with the guys that made Spiderverse dipping and Trevorrow doing the same. Same thing in the MCU.

Directors who don't care do what the studio tells them and pretend they were cool with the changes or that the changes was their idea cuz they usually want the money and name recognition.

im a superman fan and i hate it and i dont know why they keep making lois lane twice the age of supes (they aged amy adams and the one from the show looks more suited as martha kent)

and dude playing supes looks more like bizarro, would have been better if they just used routh

only looking forward to it because emmanuelle chriquis playing lana

I stopped watching any of the cw stuff. Their shows suck so bad. Did hear the first season of Swamp Thing was very good but its being brought back to cw now after getting cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom