DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

the bigger question is why? why meddle and **** up that much money? disney took marvel and let the right people do their thing, and now marvel is all-pro all-world with all-time #1 spot.

DC has that potential to stand toe to toe with marvel...and you fumble that from first down.

the people at the top should be shamed, publicly. like get spit on type shame.

pathetic.
Cuz they ****ed things up out the gate and have been fumbling and trying to tweak things to get back on the right track ever since.

Their first mistake was hiring/settling for Snyder, MoS didn't do the #s or get the reactions they wanted but they pressed on with BvS, at that time before BvS reaction they let Snyder have influence on WW and SS, producers/execs meddle in those movie thinking they're making it better, and it snowballs in to a trash studio with one trash franchise after the next.

Then there were corporate changes of who was in charge after JL.

They've still yet to make one great movie let alone good.

Shazam is the best movie DCEU got to date

not including other dc related movies cause obviously there are better DC movies

Cuz they ****ed things up out the gate and have been fumbling and trying to tweak things to get back on the right track ever since.

Their first mistake was hiring/settling for Snyder, MoS didn't do the #s or get the reactions they wanted but they pressed on with BvS, at that time before BvS reaction they let Snyder have influence on WW and SS, producers/execs meddle in those movie thinking they're making it better, and it snowballs in to a trash studio with one trash franchise after the next.

Then there were corporate changes of who was in charge after JL.

They've still yet to make one great movie let alone good.

....i didn't think MoS was bad tho lol. I'd take snyder over joss whedon, Im so over those one liners.

IATT IATT mos first. Just cus of michael shannon. And Shazam close 2nd, in that order.
Zach levi need to bulk up some. That suit was...something.
Heck that whole male cast needs the gym. Too much foam muscles going on.
Be awesome to have em join Caville in the gym sessions.

IATT IATT mos and shazam, in that order.
Zach levi need to bulk up some. That suit was...something lol
Heck that whole cast needs the gym. Too much foam muscles going on.

my issue with MOS was every thing was so damn dry and the over the top jesus allegories

only time I really been interested in anything Superman is the way the animated movies deals with him where he’s more self aware

and it’s hilarious to me that snyder made a big deal about super man killing when he has literally killed zod in a movie.. whereas that’s Batman’s big deal and he completely disregarded that using a reference that clearly shows he either didn’t get it or didn’t read or watch it

....i didn't think MoS was bad tho lol. I'd take snyder over joss whedon, Im so over those one liners.
I like movies that are good though. To me Snyder only has one. He doesn't get superhero flicks at all. He has a very sick and warped perspective on them.

I'd rather take all of Joss' one liners if I had to choose.

I think MoS was terrible. A Superman movie for those who don't get or like Superman.

I like movies that are good though. To me Snyder only has one. He doesn't get superhero flicks at all. He has a very sick and warped perspective on them.

I'd rather take all of Joss' one liners if I had to choose.

I think MoS was terrible. A Superman movie for those who don't get or like Superman.

I give snyder 300 and dawn of the dead as good movies

i liked watchmen and I liked the changes, but dude needed to chill on other stuff

then it’s cool scenes

I give snyder 300 and dawn of the dead as good movies

i liked watchmen and I liked the changes, but dude needed to chill on other stuff

then it’s cool scenes
The problem with Watchmen is that he misses the point and makes the exact thing the comic was making a point about. Honestly that the legacy of Watchmen when you think about it...

I liked the Snyder dc movies . Didn’t really have a problem with supes or Batman killing. The biggest gripe I have was trying to jam pack 3 different movies in one with bvs ( bvs, doomsday , Wonder Woman , death and return or Superman ) and Ole boy as Lex Luther . Dc/wb just needs to stop trying to rush it and take their time it’s not a race .

Supes' will not to take a life stemmed out of experience. Which is the Grodd experience...
He had 0 experience prior to that.
Give him a break lol.
all that extra rapey stuff ain't on film, so exempt.

...Are we sure Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot are good?

Like when I think back like 50mins of the first Wonder Woman are good, 1984 is mostly not good.

Suddenly "Cleopatra staring Gal Gadot and Directed by Patty Jenkins." ..

Sounds like a particularly herrendous idea.

Shazam is the best movie DCEU got to date

not including other dc related movies cause obviously there are better DC movies

This.

Shazam is great!

I didn't think this movie was that bad, but that's because I was just focused on Gal the whole time.

The problem with Watchmen is that he misses the point and makes the exact thing the comic was making a point about. Honestly that the legacy of Watchmen when you think about it...

it was cool.. but agreed.. the whole point was dudes didn’t have powers so them being above the law and not having to face consequences normal folks would have to face would get annoying as hell

then there was the 1 guy who actually was a superhero and had powers.. and you had the ultra smart guy.. the others were skilled at most

Like when I think back like 50mins of the first Wonder Woman are good

WW had couple cool scenes, but then you gotta remember snyder was involved

only thing that was actually good was Chris pine and gal just had to play the whole fish out of water thing

they turned the main villains in Boris and Natasha.. and they had a chance to make a legit point with Aries and the violence of man (him not actually having to do anything and sitting back and being a politician), but they still ended up with that mess

MCU flawed, but make it look easy, fr! I'm looking at dc blunders upon blunders like, What is wrong with y'all?????

MCU flawed, but make it look easy, fr! I'm looking at dc blunders upon blunders like, What is wrong with y'all?????

Even with the MCU flaws, they look like they got a damn plan even from jump

And then worked to correct things and learned lessons

Like when I think back like 50mins of the first Wonder Woman are good
Even this is a stretch.

Suddenly "Cleopatra staring Gal Gadot and Directed by Patty Jenkins." ..

Sounds like a particularly herrendous idea.
So bad for so many reasons.

I'm expecting an Exodus gods and kings type flop.
Supes' will not to take a life stemmed out of experience. Which is the Grodd experience...
He had 0 experience prior to that.
Give him a break lol.
:lol: I'm lost on the Grodd part. Not sure what he has to do with Superman.

But whose fault is it that he spent 20 years or w/e roaming the world as an emo loner occasionally helping ppl?

It's the decision to make his father some cynical crazy person willing to die to keep his son's secret strictly based on fear. He imparts that on Clark and you get the opposite of Superman.

And he never learns otherwise.

Last edited:
honestly, as much credit you guys have given marvel, i dont think you guys are still not giving them enough credit to what they were able to do

dc, fox, sony, etc... all failing in cmb to an extent just proves this isnt an easy thing to do and creating a universe is just difficult

and even marvel almost f' it up had IM not had favreau, downey and bridges improvising on the spot and making an amazing film off of the mess they had on their hand

good thing IM is also great enough to withstand the terrible Icredible Hulk that followed it, that could have been a huge setback for marvel too but they had feige and there really could only be one feige that has the vision and was an actual comic book fan in charge

honestly, as much credit you guys have given marvel, i dont think you guys are still not giving them enough credit to what they were able to do

dc, fox, sony, etc... all failing in cmb to an extent just proves this isnt an easy thing to do and creating a universe is just difficult

and even marvel almost f' it up had IM not had favreau, downey and bridges improvising on the spot and making an amazing film off of the mess they had on their hand

good thing IM is also great enough to withstand the terrible Icredible Hulk that followed it, that could have been a huge setback for marvel too but they had feige and there really could only be one feige that has the vision and was an actual comic book fan in charge

Yup the greatness of IM.. and also that first avengers actually hittin the way it did

That’s why I never got the rush to BVS and justice league.. let the thing develop and allow mistakes to happen and clean up while giving individual characters their time to shine

So thinking about it more. What I liked about the first Wonder Women was that it had a good balance of action and drama with strong character moments. Plus I would say the WW1 backdrop enhanced the plot from what I can remember, and I do like period pieces in general. The first had higher beats, especially with the No Man's Land scene, Diana training, meeting Steve for the first time and all other interactions with him (ex: first dance)

Here, I felt the action wasn't as high and the dramatic moments held less weight aside from Pedro Pascal's storyline. I wish they explored more of how Diana has adapted to the times and how she has coped with the loss of Steve than just showing pictures of her. What's she been doing since WW1?

And another thing I missed here was the side characters from the first movie. Obviously they're all dead now (or really old) and only Steve returned, but all had decent screen time and added to the plot. That team feel was missing in this one. It's like they made Diana a loner here...

And Harry Gregson Williams not returning was missed, but I don't know if he could have pulled a score for an 80s film...so Zimmer was an okay replacement. And again, the Beautiful Lie scene was a little odd, but nice.

Yeah a big step down from the first movie and it's been mentioned Jenkins had greater creative control so I don't know what happened...

Back
Top Bottom