DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Disagree that Incredible Hulk was terrible especially with the movies being made now.

MCU made it look easy cuz they had a tight continuity and stayed true to characters or improved upon them.

DC refuses to do that for the most part. Managed it with Shazam.

WW84 is the exact kind of movie ppl use to say a female superhero movie isnt good or won't sell.

nah, norton was good but movie wasnt

also keep in mind it was followed by im2, ca1 and the thor1... all most of yall absolutely hate now :lol: and ranked all the way tot he bottom of the mcu

again, its not as simple as yall think, again foxmen and fantastic4 are mostly hated, sm after raimis was mostly cringey despite it being a “masterpiece” to some and they really couldnt get their own universe going before feige and even struggling now even with the marvel studios boost

its ok to just give marvel credit for what they have done that no one else could do or duplicate (terminator universe, universal monsterveree, godzilla/kingkkng-vers, will smiths after earth verse, etc...) all struggling to get off the ground

even star wars was rocky there with the sequels but mandalorian and other expansion serting those straight now

its always easy for us to say this is easy peazy but its just not especially if everyones got to answer to higher up who has no clue

i know its fun to just s**t on dc and its well deserved but its stilla struggle out there for these studios

and hell its mostly hated here but goddamn rt score still says its good

I thought Incredible Hulk was awesomeness. That film set up so much for later things.
brought Ross who is probably gonna have a larger role, Abomination is back, Even set up ‘The Leader’ whenever they want. One of the best fight scenes at the end.
Setup Ross with Tony. Also wish they kept thisHulk instead of crouched over one.

also keep in mind it was followed by im2, ca1 and the thor1... all most of yall absolutely hate now :lol: and ranked all the way tot he bottom of the mcu

again, its not as simple as yall think, again foxmen and fantastic4 are mostly hated, sm after raimis was mostly cringey despite it being a “masterpiece” to some and they really couldnt get their own universe going before feige and even struggling now even with the marvel studios boost

its ok to just give marvel credit for what they have done that no one else could do or duplicate (terminator universe, universal monsterveree, godzilla/kingkkng-vers, will smiths after earth verse, etc...) all struggling to get off the ground

even star wars was rocky there with the sequels but mandalorian and other expansion serting those straight now

its always easy for us to say this is easy peazy but its just not especially if everyones got to answer to higher up who has no clue

i know its fun to just s**t on dc and its well deserved but its stilla struggle out there for these studios

But the only movies prior to MCU that really felt like they embraced the actual comics of the whole thing was Raimi’s Spider-Man, hell boy and blade.. or at least found that fitting the comics within the real world type thing

The ‘89 Batman showed what could be done as far as balancing things

X-men wanted to be what Nolan’s Batman movies actual were

DECU had way too many movies to look at to fumble things this badly especially when they had control of all the characters unlike marvel

I thought Incredible Hulk was awesomeness. That film set up so much for later things.
brought Ross who is probably gonna have a larger role, Abomination is back, Even set up ‘The Leader’ whenever they want. One of the best fight scenes at the end.
Setup Ross with Tony. Also wish they kept thisHulk instead of crouched over one.

i mean it was great to set people up for future films but the film was bad i thought, actually its not even a good setup, they were just introduced but ross with tony really got forgotten until later when he wanted then to sign the accord

and nah, i like norton over ruffallo but i dont want emo hulk :lol:

also that last fight scene between hulk and abomination was pretty bad from what i remember and dark

But the only movies prior to MCU that really felt like they embraced the actual comics of the whole thing was Raimi’s Spider-Man, hell boy and blade

The ‘89 Batman showed what could be done as far as balancing things

X-men wanted to be what Nolan’s Batman movies actual were

DECU had way too many movies to look at to fumble things this badly especially when they had control of all the characters unlike marvel

im talking about creating a universe thought and thats where things fall apart, thats the difficult part and i think thats why dc is going with one-off films like joker and batman because they are better at it with standalone films/stories that doesnt have to connect to bigger world

they arent a visioanry like feige that sees the where the hniverse is heading 3-4 phases ahead and actually connect those dots well

what was so important about 1984?
No bs I finished the movie wondering the same thing. Felt like there was no real purpose to this film.

It was a good enough story but what is it building to? I don't feel like anything significant enough happened for them to need to tell this story at all. Will the bad guys even return later, if so why?

im talking about creating a universe thought and thats where things fall apart, thats the difficult part and i think thats why dc is going with one-off films like joker and batman because they are better at it with standalone films/stories that doesnt have to connect to bigger world

they arent a visioanry like feige that sees the where the hniverse is heading 3-4 phases ahead and actually connect those dots well

But that’s their problem look how they started off even trying to do the universe

Old Batman.. WW retired for a 100 years.. killing off supes in 2nd movie.. forcing things to a stylistic director

Everything they did with Batman woulda been a cool separate/isolated thing.. but not your main thing.. or whatever the hell they’re doing with flash

I mean the only big changes character wise MCU did was which antman they went with and ultron being Tony’s thing

No bs I finished the movie wondering the same thing. Felt like there was no real purpose to this film.

It was a good enough story but what is it building to? I don't feel like anything significant enough happened for them to need to tell this story at all. Will the bad guys even return later, if so why?

they cant return, cheetahs gon be close to 40 years older bu the time ww3 cones out

there really was no point in this being set in the 80s, i think initially it was suppose to explains why she was continuing her heroics ways then go on hiding til BvS but none of that was accomplished at all

But that’s their problem look how they started off even trying to do the universe

Old Batman.. WW retired for a 100 years.. killing off supes in 2nd movie.. forcing things to a stylistic director

Everything they did with Batman woulda been a cool separate/isolated thing.. but not your main thing.. or whatever the hell they’re doing with flash

I mean the only big changes character wise MCU did was which antman they went with and ultron being Tony’s thing
i mean there is o argument and that is part of the bigger problem, how they started, who they out in charge, etc...

same as fox and putting singer in charge of xmen

there was no feige to tell snyder, “hey how about you start bruce young since your doing sipes origins so they can develop the universe together...”

all the issues ties in with how difficult it is to do because a lot of things has to go right, again we all know how IM happened and how that could have all fallen apart if one of the things dont go right and theres be mcu today

George Orwell 1984 reference to the technology used to have a Donald Trump in the 80s esque villain using technology to talk directly to everyone in the world bypassing traditional media.

Other than that seems like they went with the 80s to best up captain marvel.

Minerva had too many
7c6xg44li9921.jpg

Vibes.

Movie was more about sending a bunch of warped messages.

Also is this the same device from watchmen that ozymandius used to teleport a giant squid?
Looked very similar. Also similar time. Would be interesting direction DC could take. Currently on a train nowhere it seems

i mean there is o argument and that is part of the bigger problem, how they started, who they out in charge, etc...

same as fox and putting singer in charge of xmen

there was no feige to tell snyder, “hey how about you start bruce young since your doing sipes origins so they can develop the universe together...”

all the issues ties in with how difficult it is to do because a lot of things has to go right, again we all know how IM happened and how that could have all fallen apart if one of the things dont go right and theres be mcu today

I completely agree.. but that’s why I repeatedly say watch people take the wrong things away from the success of deadpool

But really MCU and deadpool are what you should be looking at with other things sprinkled in.. and of course the dc animated movies and couple of the shows.. and obviously the comics

they cant return, cheetahs gon be close to 40 years older bu the time ww3 cones out

there really was no point in this being set in the 80s, i think initially it was suppose to explains why she was continuing her heroics ways then go on hiding til BvS but none of that was accomplished at all

I figured as much. Seems like such a bad call setting this movie in the 80s.

Honestly I know directors have been upset about movies premiering on HBO Max but this is exactly the type of movie that should be able to be streamed from home. I know the budget was big but even some of the special effects felt cheap (i.e her saving those kids from the car chase in Egypt, even that first mall scene was pretty cheesy).

I'm not a fan boy by any means but DC dropped the ball on one of their most successful franchises, I really hate to see it.

if i were dc id just creat some bs like earth-84 and then just show flash in flashpoint seeing the movie was set there

George Orwell 1984 reference to the technology used to have a Donald Trump in the 80s esque villain using technology to talk directly to everyone in the world bypassing traditional media.

Minerva had too many
7c6xg44li9921.jpg

Vibes.

Movie was more about sending a bunch of warped messages.

Also is this the same device from watchmen that ozymandius used to teleport a giant squid?
Looked very similar. Also similar time. Would be interesting direction DC could take. Currently on a train nowhere it seems

Props to you for picking up on all that. Obviously it went over my head.

Even with those insightful revelations this movie only gets a 5.5/10 for me.

At the time they were serviceable enough and what made it so good again was the tight continuity. They kept tying things closely together with mid credit and end credit scenes. From the first two movies it was clear they were doing something no other studio/franchise was doing.

Besides all that becomes a moot point after Avengers.

And another thing here is there's some resentment here cuz these are all Marvel properties anyway. Sony and Fox never attempted shared universes. Sony couldn't really share with anything and didnt have the confidence even after the Raimi movies to make a Venom or Morbius movie. Fox just started about maybe after their 8th X-Men movie to maybe consider doing a crossover with the F4 and I standby under the two different deals they couldn't do it anyway.

DC had a 30 year movie head start on Marvel. They played it safe and scared.

They could've done it. They just didnt believe in properties not named Batman and Superman (and barely believed in Super post 2000). Any possibilities of shared universes for them are in cancelled movies.

Cuz all of those suggestions shouldnt be turned in to cinematic universes. This is crazy :lol:

Marvel and DC have the source material for it. DC and Marvel have the creators to advise on building something like that. The MCU had a creative committee consisting of comic creators giving notes on the movies. DC/WB never tried.

The Terminator should only be 2 movies. A trilogy at best but if the creator dips nobody wants a 3rd movie 20 years later.

Universal actually succeeded with a Monsterverse 80 years ago. Its their own fault they suck at it now.

Godzilla movies made in America aren't good. They were only good when they were B movie monster flicks.

I mean if you only have one movie and it sucks I dont think you should be allowed to put -verse on the end :lol: I didn't even know Will wanted it to be some franchise.

This doesn't apply at all. Star Wars already had 6 movies of continuity that told a larger full story.

Disney had Lucasfilm do a trilogy that was not planned out.

That's just a bad string of movies. You might as well list the Fast & Furious or Twilight or Die Hard or Transformers.

Its cuz they dont know what theyre doing and they choose the wrong ppl to make these movies.
So does Incredible Hulk. So whose wrong about what?

not going to get sucked to word for word back and forth with you zik

in too old for that :lol:

plain and simple its not easy or else marvel wouldnt be the only successful studio to do it and that includes who they put in charge, source material they choose, etc...

if i were dc id just creat some bs like earth-84 and then just show flash in flashpoint seeing the movie was set there

I really hope they don’t do flashpoint and just waste something else cool

I said it before but she got two wishes and only one was renounced.

Her first wish was to be like Diana using the stone. So she technically should be ageless.

Her second wish was to be an apex predator. When Lord renounced his wish she lost that.

They gave her character no resolution.
More and more its looking like its time for a complete across the board reboot and recast. I know they wont and most won't agree but that's what its looking like to me.

not going to get sucked to word for word back and forth with you zik

in too old for that :lol:
You can just agree.

plain and simple its not easy or else marvel wouldnt be the only successful studio to do it and that includes who they put in charge, source material they choose, etc...
But Marvel isnt the only one though :lol:

You painting a big ol lie saying that.

There's a difference between a successful movie franchise and a successful cinematic universe. A lot of the failed examples you brought up aren't even attempts at a cinematic universe :lol:

Last edited:
nah, not gon concede on that :lol:

you just wanna keep sh***ing on dc for the bad job they're doing while almost everyone else is failing at the same thing and have at it, they came out with WW84, they deserve it :lol:

:lol:
A DC film drops EVERYBODY be tryin to fix the entire universe.
but literally after every films release. That is never a good sign.

Wild that even after Infinity Saga has completed DC still has no film that even remotely comes close to being that consensus AMAZING film like IM, A1, etc.

Crazy how Marvel is basically gonna be making better TV shows than DCEU

nah, not gon concede on that :lol:

you just wanna keep sh***ing on dc for the bad job they're doing while almost everyone else is failing at the same thing and have at it, they came out with WW84, they deserve it :lol:
Who is everybody else though? :nerd:

I can give you the Universal Monsterverse.

Other than thant I know Valiant is trying to do one with two different studios starting with Bloodshot.

Who else is doing a cinematic universe and failing? Not Star Wars, not Terminator, definitely not Godzilla unless I missed a King Geedorah movie that flopped somewhere.

I really don't know what you're talking about.

A movie franchise not succeeding after a reboot or remake or after a trilogy is not the same as Marvel succeeding with multiple movie franchises or DC failing at launching a shared cinematic universe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom