DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Regardless, the presence of Superman, Batman and WW will be felt in some capacity in this first chapter and that's really all I was hoping for tbh. Everything else is filling - hopefully it's all good filling, but I really wanna see the main course come correct.

MF THIS!

why-black-rupaul.gif
i-dont-want-no-trouble-kevin-hart.gif

That's what Jim Lee and DC wanted to call it, alright? lol

Main thing I'm looking forward to. Wildstorm stuff just more interesting to me.

Love Batman and that they're doing their own thing but I don't care about any of the robins and probably never will.

Hope they tap in to the WW potential with Paradise.

Supergirl joint might be cool.

Don't see a lot of black faces so far but w/e.
Whoaaaa, I didn't see that part being announced. Interested in seeing how Grifter looks in live-action lol.

Whoaaaa, I didn't see that part being announced. Interested in seeing how Grifter looks in live-action lol.
the authority are wildstrom characters

and the GL series opens up a lot of possibilities, curious if its more of a prequel to Hal/John introduction in chapter 2?

Interesting that they're starting with Batman and Damien Robin. I wonder who they'll consider casting for both roles.

DC Studios Bosses Address Henry Cavill's SUPERMAN Departure, The Status Of Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, And More​

We didn’t’ fire Henry," said Gunn when asked about the actor's short-lived return. "Henry was never cast. He was in a cameo and that was the end of his story.”

“A lot of people made assumptions which weren’t true,”
the filmmaker continued. “But for me, it’s about who do I want to cast as Superman and who do the filmmakers want to cast. For me, for this story, it isn’t Henry. I like Henry. He’s a great guy. I think he’s gotten dicked around by a lot of people including former regimes of this company. But this Superman isn’t Henry for a number of reasons.”
As for the likes of Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) and Zachary Levi (Shazam), it does sound like they're out of the picture... for now!

“There’s no reason why all the people you mentioned, couldn’t be part of the DCU, we just haven’t decided what the story is that we want to tell that incorporates Shazam or Aquaman,” said Safran.

The DC bosses were also asked about the super-fast elephant in the room: The Flash star Ezra Miller and his highly troubling, some would say downright inexcusable, behaviour over the oast year or so.

“Ezra is completely committed to their recovery," said Safran. "We’re fully supportive of that journey that they’re on right now. When the time is right, when they feel they are ready to have the discussion, we’ll all figure out what the best way forward is. But right now, they are completely focused on their recovery.”

so the Lantern series will feature Hal and John, very interesting

10. Creature Commandos​

creat

A seven-episode animated show in which Amanda Waller creates a black ops team out of monstrous prisoners; Gunn wrote all the episodes of the first season.

9. Waller​

Peacemaker-Amanda-Waller-copy

Starring Viola Davis, this series features Team Peacemaker and will be written by Christal Henry (Watchmen) and Jeremy Carver (Supernatural).

8. Superman: Legacy​

91o-KBg-TZ5h-L

Written by Gunn, the film will hit theaters on July 11, 2025, and focus on Superman balancing his Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing.

7. Booster Gold​

Booster-Gold-Skeets-copy

Booster Gold uses basic technology from the future to pretend to be a superhero in present day.

6. Lanterns​

Hal-Jordan-024-copy

This enormous TV event series follows intergalactic cops John Stewart and Hal Jordan as they uncover a dark mystery.

5. The Authority​

AUTHv2-CVR-FNL-REV03-60f63aa9c85b80-63125642

DC’s WildStorm characters will join the DCU as members of The Authority take matters into their own hands to do what they believe is right.

4. The Brave and the Bold​

batman-grant-morrison-e1449431734804-1280x720-1

The DCU will introduce its Batman and Robin in this unusual father-son story inspired by Grant Morrison’s comic series.

3. Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow​

815-Rzbuvdq-L

This science fiction adventure, which will be based on Tom King’s amazing, award-winning recent comics stories, presents a Supergirl viewers are not used to seeing.

2. Swamp Thing​

Swamp-Thing-Vol-5-25-Textless-copy

The film will investigate the dark origins of Swamp Thing.

1. Paradise Lost​

Paradise-Island-Wonder-Woman-comics

Set in Themyscira, home of the Amazons and birthplace of Wonder Woman, this drama focuses on the genesis and political intrigue of an island of all women.

As Damien Wayne? In lol

Just skimmed the Last of Us thread and it was literally the only actor I could come up with sarcastically:lol:

On a serious note though, whoever gets casted as the next Batman should have less resistance from fans than Afleck & Twilight guy originally did. So that should be promising for the actor.

This looks crazy

Will believe it when I see it though. DC has been the king of doing this for the past twenty years lol
understandable but new ownership/players. I’m expecting better follow through from Gunn/Safran than the previous DC team.

I'm an enormous DC fanboy and want to see a DC EU succeed more than just about anyone, but the last 20 years have taught me that all of my hopes and dreams will be dashed and I will simply be left further and further disappointed.

I've wanted to see Booster Gold in something other than Justice League Unlimited for forever. I want to see a Justice League: Dark universe on-screen. I want to see a decent GL movie. I love Superman, Batman and the whole Damian Wayne storyline... I should be thrilled at most of what was announced today (except Creature Commandos. Really??? I would've preferred Shadowpact if they wanted to do something weird, or Checkmate if they wanted to tie-in to Waller).... but I'm not. I just know it'll get F'd up, if not by Warner/Discovery, then by the box office for the first release not meeting analysts' forecasts. Or by social media getting toxic about casting/director choice/location shots/whatever they can complain about incessantly.

Anyway, I have no hope that any of this will succeed. And frankly, I'm a little burned out at this point. I've already had to watch a zillion Marvel movies and TV/streaming shows to try to keep up with their universe and I've pretty much gotten off that ride. And I've sat through too many middling or straight-up crappy DC movies during the same span. Whether I'll be willing to dive back in in a year or two to try to follow along with all this when (if?) it all plays out, we'll see.

But, as they say, past performance is not indicative of future success.

yah this is it, i think it gon work out this time around

there’s actually a plan laid out with one person in charge

before, they greenlit a bunch of stuff without thought or consideration, they just wanted to keep making content and it coincided with the launch of hbo max and the streaming wars was starting off

now gunn has all the say, all the power and the experience from marvel (he was reportedly feige second hand man and was gon takeover after kevin leaves) so i think this is i what we are getting and it will make it through at least chapter 1 and then maybe it might get ere-evaluated by then

gunn is in a good position, he is not going to be judged by the next four films coming out as he has little involvement on that,he just has to weave it through the stories and timeline so right now he is in the gm position of collecting assets/picks where he is safe from his job for a couple of years as the execs/studio and we all see where it all goes

but im optimistic, i like what im seeing, New Supes, New Bats, maybe new WW, Aquaman still in the mix, Hal and John coming is as GLs which i hope ultimately concludes in a JL film to end chapter 1 (which i think gunn is holding close to the chest at the moment)

everything ive seen so far looks way better than the scatter sh*t the snyderverse has, young new supes, old battered bats, ww that has existed for a century but appears out of nowhere with a movie going back and then goes decade to decade and rapes dudes, shazam and black adam films that doesnt seem to connect to each other, aquaman that seems shoehorned, etc...

plus the numerous crap that makes no sense like titans with an even older bats, batgirl that has 89 bats, wonder twins, jl dark, etc... just all over the place and they were just throwing things at the wall hoping something sticks

Back
Top Bottom