DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

They should've nuked all the crap on cw. The Themiscyra show could be cool but then they said it'll be like game of thrones. SMH. Every show that has swords and fighting gets compared to that show.

Think y’all looking too much into the voiceover work. They’ll get that done in NO time. Quick and easy money for the actors.

you sign that contract then you’re committed

simple as that

you dont want to be locked in, dont sign
Given how unprecedented it is I doubt they could even enforce that contract.

You can't lock an actor in to a contract indefinitely with unknown future projects and dates. Especially for multiple mediums.

Also I'm guessing that kill the Justice League Suicide Squad game is an "Elseworlds" game. Pretty sure VAs were already cast.
They should've nuked all the crap on cw.
They already did.

Arrowverse is dead.

DC Studios doesn't seem to be using CW to have their shows anymore. After the Superman show is cancelled and that Gotham Knights show gets the axe there's nothing left.

CW probably going back to making teen drama centric shows again.

Last edited:
Umm, armie hammer is hiding in some other country. I never looked into the stuff he’s done but there were those weird stories of him being a cannibal and telling women he wants to eat them. I think his family is rich and has a lot of allegations of abusing people.

Last edited:
Think y’all looking too much into the voiceover work. They’ll get that done in NO time. Quick and easy money for the actors.
They aren’t going to get A listers for animation and video games. That’s not gonna happen. What you’ll likely see is somebody the tier of Jensen Ackles play batman and reprise his role for other stuff

They aren’t going to get A listers for animation and video games. That’s not gonna happen. What you’ll likely see is somebody the tier of Jensen Ackles play batman and reprise his role for other stuff

I never thought about it but I'll agree. I don't see any A-listers having characters that'll require any animation roles. We'll get stuff like John Cena as Peacemaker and Viola Davis being Waller or something of that level.

idk about locking them into contracts but i think they can pull it off Marvel style ala What If?..

i dont see why its not feasible to believe it cant be done.

idk about locking them into contracts but i think they can pull it off Marvel style ala What If?..

A quick appearance in a show isn’t the same as voicing a 20 hour game of a multiple season animated show. Just a random case, if bale were to reprise his role as Batman in brave and the bold, you aren’t going to be able to afford for him to do a video game role and he likely doesn’t want to do animated shows.

Half the reason game companies don’t do celeb castings is it’s super expensive

I’m just saying there’s tiers to it. A Karl urban isn’t the same as a Tom cruise or Ryan gosling etc .

Given how unprecedented it is I doubt they could even enforce that contract.

You can't lock an actor in to a contract indefinitely with unknown future projects and dates. Especially for multiple mediums.

im pretty sure they could if its written in the contract, its not indifinte but if its like 5 live action appearance (film or tv and including cameo if they want) and 5 va work (combination of animation and games) then you have to fullfill that and they can force you to do it until you fulfill that contract

obviously if something comes up they can try and negotiate and work around stuff but if the studios want to be an ahole then they can just say ”no”

i mean hell, cavills mustache cant even be shaved for the superman reshoots because MI studio said no :lol: i forget how much money wb offered the other studio but they were like “nah, we good and good luck with that cgi” :rofl:

there’s been so many cases where studios has an option on an actor and forces them to do a film to fullfill it just to get it over with, most recently channing tatum has said he was forced to do the gi joe film and just glad he was able t get his character to died in the second one right away and they wouldnt even let him play the character he wants, he wanted to be snake eyes but the studio said he’s gon be duke

“The first one I passed on seven times, but they had an option on me and I had to do the movie,” Tatum said. “So the second one, I obviously just didn’t want to do that one either.”

Tatum confirmed he asked to be killed off in the first 10 minutes of the sequel, 2013’s “G.I. Joe: Retaliation,” to avoid any further commitment to the franchise. Did he regret that decision? “No,” he said bluntly.

“Look, I’ll be honest. I ****ing hate that movie. I hate that movie,” Tatum previously told Howard Stern about the first “G.I. Joe” film. “I was pushed into doing that movie. From ‘Coach Carter,’ they signed me to a three-picture deal…They give you the contract and they go, ‘Three-picture deal, here you go.’ And as a young [actor], you’re like, ‘Oh my god, that sounds amazing, I’m doing that!’ Time goes by and you get other jobs and you’re building your quote and you have a dream job you want to do. And … the studio calls up and they’re like, ‘Hey, we got a movie for you, we’re going to send it to you.’ And they send it to you, and it’s G.I. Joe.”

Tatum continued, “And I love G.I. Joe: ‘Can I play Snake Eyes?’ And they’re like, ‘No, you’re not playing Snake Eyes, you’re playing G.I. Joe.’ The script wasn’t any good… And I didn’t want to do something that I… was a fan of since I was a kid and watched every morning growing up — and didn’t want to do something that was, one, bad and, two, I just didn’t know if I wanted to be G.I. Joe.”

James Gunn Confirms Talks With Former BATMAN Actor Ben Affleck To Helm Upcoming DCU Project​

Affleck was in line to direct the movie that would ultimately become The Batman before Matt Reeves took over, and we had heard rumors that he was speaking to the studio about possibly helming a different project.

Now, James Gunn has confirmed that talks have indeed taken place.

"We're working with Ben Affleck, who really wants to be a part of our architecture team, trying to bring things together. And he really wants to direct one of our projects and we're looking forward to him doing that."

im pretty sure they could if its written in the contract, its not indifinte but if its like 5 live action appearance (film or tv and including cameo if they want) and 5 va work (combination of animation and games) then you have to fullfill that and they can force you to do it until you fulfill that contract
I don't see actors signing up for that. Unless Gunn exclusively wants lesser known ppl who need the work.

i mean hell, cavills mustache cant even be shaved for the superman reshoots because MI studio said no :lol: i forget how much money wb offered the other studio but they were like “nah, we good and good luck with that cgi” :rofl:
This is a situation im talking about. Cavill signed his Superman deal before Mission Impossible. Other obligations wouldn't even let him shave his beard to be Superman for reshoots.

So I don't see how a contract is gonna take priority over future work unless it is explicitly worded that it takes top priority over any other work and like I said before I don't see movie stars or their agents letting them sign a contract like that. So its not even about the studio enforcing it. You gotta convince them to sign in the first place.

I wouldn't even be surprised if some actors are like I don't want to do TV and video games at all. Hope Gunn hasn't deluded himself in to thinking that feeling of family he created on GotG with that cast and crew can be applied and expanded on a larger scale for multiple franchises and mediums with DC.

Even Marvel What If couldn't pull that off across the board for the entire cast and they managed just fine without every single actor; Ultron, Captain Marvel, Hawkguy, Black Widow, Tony Stark, Spider-Man, etc. That was just for one season consisting of what 9 episodes?

Then on top of that Gunn wants games too.

Its not something I see them maintaining over multiple years and like I said it is unnecessary. Nobody is asking for that level of cohesiveness.

Last edited:

James Gunn Confirms Talks With Former BATMAN Actor Ben Affleck To Helm Upcoming DCU Project​

Affleck was in line to direct the movie that would ultimately become The Batman before Matt Reeves took over, and we had heard rumors that he was speaking to the studio about possibly helming a different project.

"We're working with Ben Affleck, who really wants to be a part of our architecture team, trying to bring things together. And he really wants to direct one of our projects and we're looking forward to him doing that."
I mean it was in his contract, the opportunity to direct. So either they get sued or find something g

that cavill situation is different, i posted it to point out the strenght of his contract with MI, not WB

his contract obligation probably ended after he was done shooting JL, after that the MI contract kicked in and took precedence, it probably wasnt in his contract that WB makes all the calls on his future work

his contract might even be a film after film type, i dont quite remembed him having a 5 or 10 movie deal like marvel does (then again my memory is washed) but i think if they had cavill in that type of contract from the get go, he probably would have been forced to do the shazam cameo too

even his cameo in BA was a one-off contract, returning for more was just a verbal agreement and not an actual multi-film contract and thats why they just ended it right there and then

so this type of contract might be something gunn is bringing it from marvel

at the end of the day, if its clearly stated in the contract what their obligations are, then they can enforce it because the actor signed

the actor doesnt like it, then they dont sign and move on to the next dude in line if that is a commitment WB/DC wants

i think we are also looking too much into it, the new Supes for the 2025 release for example may do that one film, do one or two va for animation and then maybe one va for games, add a cameo here and there that could be one day shoots and its not really going to take that much time spread over a couple of years

i mean WB releases a DC game once a decades it seems :lol: and a lot of these guys do a lot of va work already, most films and tv shows rerecord their lines in post

Umm, armie hammer is hiding in some other country. I never looked into the stuff he’s done but there were those weird stories of him being a cannibal and telling women he wants to eat them. I think his family is rich and has a lot of allegations of abusing people.

He’s staying at one of Johnny Depp’s houses or something like that now

:rofl: at Battfleck getting to be old ***** Batman but he instantly shut down Cavill

:rofl: at Battfleck getting to be old ***** Batman but he instantly shut down Cavill
It's not to reprise his role :lol:, it's to possible direct a future movie or join their team for the world building.

Only ones who've been mentioned to keep their roles are Momoa and possibly that menace to society if Flash does well.

I mean it was in his contract, the opportunity to direct. So either they get sued or find something g

most contract are biased to the studio side so if they decide not to go with it, they can cancel it but i wouldnt be surprised if affleck got some $$$ for it though plus if its a picture deal with WB then he has the option to do other films thats non-dc related

It's not to reprise his role :lol:, it's to possible direct a future movie or join their team for the world building.

Only ones who've been mentioned to keep their roles are Momoa and possibly that menace to society if Flash does well.

levi and gal has a chance to stay too it seems but not confirmed

Back
Top Bottom