DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

s1.png

s4.png

s2.png

s3.png

s5.png

Megan :blush:

BD409A6B-6495-4DFA-9562-6EFF8BC7A556.gif

I use to point out every season they blew their budget on one cgi speedster fight that looked decent (still poor overall but good for CW).

Then they stopped having speedsters as villains for a bit and when they brought some back all of a sudden they didn’t have the money to do those cgi fights. It use to be a guarantee Barry would get dragged across the city at least once a season usually twice.

Man you brought byke some memories. :rofl:

Guaranteed no matter who the big bad was, they'd hem Barry up something mean and drag him around Central City like

ric-flair-dragged.jpg

Between that and the constant need for reassuring pep talks, don't know what the hell Iris saw in Barry,

DC/WB not being able to kill this chapter off and move on will only set them back

I hope this is something Snyder is doing for free with his own money/donations and WB just gave the okay.

Finishing up his story on the animation side is my best guess…OR graphic novels 🤷‍♂️
If Snyder has no decision making at all and somebody else at DC animation takes control it has a chance to be great and good at the very least.

Guaranteed no matter who the big bad was, they'd hem Barry up something mean and drag him around Central City like

ric-flair-dragged.jpg

Between that and the constant need for reassuring pep talks, don't know what the hell Iris saw in Barry,
Iris rejecting Barry in season 1 was so refreshing. Then she saw him for the gump lil brother he was. Even when facts from the future was telling her y’all will get married and have kids she was like nah I’m good.

Then of course writers just made her fall in love.

My guess for the Snyder news is some kind of theatrical release of JL. Can't see them doing something new with him.

ric-flair-dragged.jpg

In times of great strife, when The Flash is needed the most, He's gotta wait for someone to tell him to run.

ric-flair-dragged.jpg

Yea Barry was essentially the step-bro. Iris prolly peeped his humongous credit rating.

Wonder what “direct in the way they’re doing that” means.

i think he meant the overall superhero experience has soured on him:

I was going to direct a Batman, and [Justice League] made me go, “I’m out. I never want to do any of this again. I’m not suited.” That was the worst experience I’ve ever seen in a business which is full of some ****ty experiences. It broke my heart. There was an idea of someone [Joss Whedon] coming in, like, “I’ll rescue you and we’ll do 60 days of shooting and I’ll write a whole thing around what you have. I’ve got the secret.” And it wasn’t the secret. That was hard. And I started to drink too much. I was back at the hotel in London, it was either that or jump out the window. And I just thought, “This isn’t the life I want. My kids aren’t here. I’m miserable.” You want to go to work and find something interesting to hang onto, rather than just wearing a rubber suit, and most of it you’re just standing against the computer screen going, “If this nuclear waste gets loose, we’ll …” That’s fine. I don’t condescend to that or put it down, but I got to a point where I found it creatively not satisfying. Also just, you’re sweaty and exhausted. And I thought, “I don’t want to participate in this in any way. And I don’t want to squander any more of my life, of which I have a limited amount.”

I assumed he was going speak about the guider rails of a shared universe and the restrictions that could put on an artist

you know specific things have to happen, the point A to point B of it all.. but you can’t steep outside of certain boundaries.. and the character can only do and have happen X, Y and/or X

and I can easily get how that could be frustrating for an artist

but what he said makes complete sense.. just think about Kevin smith talking about his Superman project when he’s a fan and knowing The garbage that was headed towards

the snyder tease does look like its Snydercon since its a 3 day thing… so is like a dozen people meeting up at dennys for 3 days getting #sellsnyderversetonetflix trending or creating bots to troll anything dc does that doesnt involve him?

1678980807800.jpeg

i think he meant the overall superhero experience has soured on him:

I was going to direct a Batman, and [Justice League] made me go, “I’m out. I never want to do any of this again. I’m not suited.” That was the worst experience I’ve ever seen in a business which is full of some ****ty experiences. It broke my heart. There was an idea of someone [Joss Whedon] coming in, like, “I’ll rescue you and we’ll do 60 days of shooting and I’ll write a whole thing around what you have. I’ve got the secret.” And it wasn’t the secret. That was hard. And I started to drink too much. I was back at the hotel in London, it was either that or jump out the window. And I just thought, “This isn’t the life I want. My kids aren’t here. I’m miserable.” You want to go to work and find something interesting to hang onto, rather than just wearing a rubber suit, and most of it you’re just standing against the computer screen going, “If this nuclear waste gets loose, we’ll …” That’s fine. I don’t condescend to that or put it down, but I got to a point where I found it creatively not satisfying. Also just, you’re sweaty and exhausted. And I thought, “I don’t want to participate in this in any way. And I don’t want to squander any more of my life, of which I have a limited amount.”
That's deep. Almost quit my job.

Back
Top Bottom