DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Batman and Superman shouldn't killing people because it removes the moral complexity of the characters.

So many thematic elements are complete undercut by killing people.

So when the Joker appears trying to get Batman to break his one rule, the thematic tension is completly undercut. If he's a murderer already.

Batman and Superman shouldn't be killing anyone, under almost any circumstances.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm how Lex knew about Darkseid (which he alluded to in jail)?

I'm gonna assume it was when he was in Zod's ship and the voiceover told him it has knowledge of all the other worlds/planets.

If she was able to actively participate in WWI and not become internationally recognized I wouldn't trip too hard about her being low-key the rest of the time
It's WWI though :lol:

That's 1914. She could've been flying and breathing fire aint nobody was gonna find out or know about her on an international level. It'd just be labelled a bunch of soldiers that have gone mad.

"A dame that's super strong and can fight better than a man? You must be on that wacky-tobaccy Charlie." (I have no clue the exact lingo they were using in the early 20th century :lol: )

Batman and Superman shouldn't killing people because it removes the moral complexity of the characters.

So when the Joker appears trying to get Batman to break his one rule, the thematic tension is completly undercut. If he's a murderer already.

Batman and Superman shouldn't be killing anyone, under almost any circumstances.
Good point.

So they very well could have undercut The Death of Superman and The Killing Joke. Alright I don't feel great about that.:lol:

Can anyone confirm how Lex knew about Darkseid (which he alluded to in jail)?

I'm gonna assume it was when he was in Zod's ship and the voiceover told him it has knowledge of all the other worlds/planets.
it was not explained at all but in all honesty it makes more sense for lex to know about darkseid because of his interaction with the ship than for batman to randomly dream about him 

I've never played Injustice but I've read that the Flash scene might have been inspired by the game.

JUST WATCHED MOVIE.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

PROBABLY THE BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN AFTER CAPTAIN AMERICA WINTER SOLDIER.

WENT IN SPOILER FREE. LEFT AMAZED.

WONDER WOMAN WAS AMAZING IN LOOKS AND SKILLS
pimp.gif
The exact same way i felt about this movie

I've never played Injustice but I've read that the Flash scene might have been inspired by the game.
I defintiely caught the whole "You killed Lois so I will rip a hole in your torso" but instead of Joker, it's the Bats

i didnt grow up on DC comics so i dont feel as strongly about this as you do

but this is a good point in how no killing rules as a character trait can make for a more interesting dynamic between heroes and villains. 

now every time batman meets the joker we are left wondering why he doesnt just kill him on the spot 

i didnt grow up on DC comics so i dont feel as strongly about this as you do

but this is a good point in how no killing rules as a character trait can make for a more interesting dynamic between heroes and villains. 

now every time batman meets the joker we are left wondering why he doesnt just kill him on the spot 

Was thinking that right when it was spoiled that he killed. Like if he really killed Robin and caused this shift in his character... wouldn't he be the first to die?
This is making that Robin = Joker theory slightly more possible.

See if Batman is killing people why does he keep up with the martial arts, batarangs, ninja stars? He's rich just buy better weapons.

Just start sniping people from long rang, in fact why doesn't he just hire a para military organization to help him patrol the streets?

Batman start killing and its a decent into fascism.

Did we really need like 5 slow-mo cuts of the gun breaking the pearl necklace???

3 slow-mos of the bullet shell hitting the ground?

How about the Gladiator-esqe walking in the grass?

Last edited:
So, can we talk about how this "fight" is really just Batman beating the **** out of Superman? :lol:

Just saw the movie. They tried to do too much in one movie. It was like they got caught up trying to set up JL that they totally forgot about making a good movie.

At least Ben was a good Batman.

Jesse Eisenberg......never again. And what was up with him having this tourettes type of thing going on?

So, can we talk about how this "fight" is really just Batman beating the **** out of Superman? :lol:

it felt like attitude era WWF boiler room match.

It was so lame when he picked up the top of the sink or toilet and hit in the head with it. It was like watching a lame wrestling video game. :x

Why the **** was he wasting time at that point when he had the Kryptonite spear?

Also after all the people Batman killed to get the god damn krypton why the **** does he just drop it like its a used Q-tip or something. :smh: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom