DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I wonder how much of BvS was Goyer-influenced and where Terrio's storytelling poked through.

The plot itself is all over the place and I'm doubting that Terrio rewrote all that much of the script.

I want JL to succeed. Snyder is directing and love him or hate him, there's nothing anyone can do about that. The man has his strengths but there needs to be some major support for some of his shakier artistic preferences, and WB needs to realize this coming out of BvS.

First and foremost I want a solid ******* script for JL.

Last edited:
Do you guys think Ben stays solo or does he include some Batfam members in his movies?
Is he confirmed as director of his solo film?

Depends on what the studio dictates, imo. They'll probably force him to include a few cameos.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, but the Batman: The Animated Series comparisons are on point. Love the Bruce/Alfred relationship.

Affleck needs a Batman trilogy ASAP.

how are the kid reviews?

I can see why some DC fans would like this movie but I just cant see a 12 year old kid enjoying such a dark, humorless and confusing movie 

Honestly, Batfleck shouldn't feel bad for himself, but considering he's basically reaching his career peak as an acclaimed director/actor, he's definitely doubting this choice. His mindset = "will this be a mark on my past few years of hard work?"

Want proof? Just go look at all the publicity photos related to BvS -- dude looks depressed (partly due to the divorce).

He'll get Oscar hype for Live By Night. He should push to direct his own Bats solo film.

I think dude's marriage fell apart because of BvS. I think his wife hated the constant working out, being away from home 24/7, that kinda ****

Makes me feel bad for homie

Personally, I think that's selfish of his wife. Just because her career is no bueno doesn't mean his has to be :lol:

Ugh, I think ******* the babysitter may have had more to do with it.

For JL they should reach out to DC Animated and let them write the script. JL season 2,JLU and BTAS had awesome storylines.

Im pretty sure she left him because he became a lowkey alcoholic.

and I don't think it was the nanny I think it was rumors of Emily R during gone girl lol

Im pretty sure she left him because he became a lowkey alcoholic.

and I don't think it was the nanny I think it was rumors of Emily R during gone girl lol
Damn, so Batfleck got to taste those teddies for real?

smokin.gif

There were also rumors of Blake Lively (Ryan Reynolds' girl) back during The Town.

Last edited:
For JL they should reach out to DC Animated and let them write the script. JL season 2,JLU and BTAS had awesome storylines.

Writing for animation, especially animated TV, and writing for film are completely different beasts.

They could definitely get guys like Dini and Timm to be creative consultants or part of the quote unquote "brain trust" but I need a proven good scriptwriter on this ****.

Writing for animation, especially animated TV, and writing for film are completely different beasts.

They could definitely get guys like Dini and Timm to be creative consultants or part of the quote unquote "brain trust" but I need a proven good scriptwriter on this ****.
Who do you guys think should be on the team (including directors/writers/consultants) to help the universe flourish correctly?

- Dini

- Timm

- Snyder (already locked in for JL)

- Terrio

Last edited:
if the movie was more funny would it be better ?

Nah. I love the tone of these movies. But when you make a more serious approach to these CBM's your writers need to be on point and covering all aspects and loop holes that don't leave you confused and constantly wondering wtf is going on, because then you're not focused on what is currently going on bc you're too busy wondering wth did I just watch lol

And I think that is partly why some of these reviews are like "I like it but disappointed. But I am excited for JL!" Because everything is there for something great but they just keep doing too much and falling short

its the same basic concepts of pacing, story telling, editing, ect..

animators actually tend to transition very well to live action

I don't even know how the writers for animation could salvage the direction of the movies or change the tone :lol:

You're stuck with a Bats who kills, Supes that kills, etc. Not that they can't adapt to that but the story is going to have to be good in spite of certain things.

I don't mind a Batman that kills or a Superman that kills if the story flows. This is where they screwed up with this film.

What's wrong with a Batman that kills?

I really don't get people's gripe with that. I was one of the guys begging for Bats to drop Joker at the end of TDK.

My only issue with the movie was that it bit off more than it could chew. The editing sucked. The story was all over the place.

But do we really not expect different perspectives on the characters? Think of how many different storylines and characterizations there are of Batman. People pushed back when Frank Miller took Liberty with the story. Today The Dark Knight Returns is considered a classic and what made it possible for us to get a gritty Batman trilogy like TDK.

Comic books grew up with us. They've got more and more mature and tackled more and more complex stories every time.

Zik, have you seen Flashpoint Paradox?

Last edited:
Who do you guys think should be on the team (including directors/writers/consultants) to help the universe flourish correctly?

- Dini
- Timm
- Snyder (already locked in for JL)
- Terrio

In addition to the above guys, throw Grant Morrison on this squad, not to write but to conceive. His experience with DC properties is extremely valuable.

Give Ben Affleck some more executive power and a seat on the council. The man's a proven filmmaker. Let him own some of these creative decisions. He's in here for the long haul anyway.

Keep Snyder, as this is clearly his "baby". Let him "visualize" as oppose to "tell" the story. I for one have alway been a fan of his stylization amd flair. But the plot, the writing, the narrative structure comes first. Make the **** airtight, and then, and ONLY then, have Snyder and Fong do the pencils and inking. Somebody at WB needs to be monitoring Snyder closely, and going with their gut--if **** begins to look strange or awkward or inaccessible, pull the man away and get to fixing the leak. AIRTIGHT.

But I do wholeheartedly believe that some of the animation guys should be in Hollywood

Last edited:
:rolleyes

I love AoU but can easily write an essay about all the **** I hated in that movie.

People can like something but take issue with certain aspects of that something without it affecting their perception of the whole :lol:

This plus the fact that I liked most of how the main characters were portrayed is what led me to say that the movie was good. The things that I hated/disliked were relatively minor things that I thought they could have done better. They definitely don't take away as much from the story as bad acting would have.

I also made a list of likes vs dislikes purposefully because I'm not a reviewer. I don't know as much about cinematography and visuals as many of you clearly do.

Back
Top Bottom