DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

When you say pacing doesn't fix character decisions, etc. You're implying, what? No need to back pedal, what are you getting at?

Im not back pedaling anything. Better editing doesn't change that supermans death being pretty meaningless. Doesnt change Lois being useless. Doesnt change Diana being after a photo for no damn reason. Doesnt change how bad Lex's portrayal was. It doesnt change Battfleck ***** restoration in faith character arc. Doesnt change the Martha moment. Its not going to make the bad good. It's just going to fix editing and fill in some details.

You know all this, without seeing it?

How?

The movie they released was pretty terrible minus one aspect. Only the diehard fans and ppl hoping for a good movie go for an extended cut.

If a movie is bad to me it can have all the extended and director's cuts. They could have a boom operator edition so ******* what?

That's like somebody telling me go and check out the Twilight extended cut cuz it's way better and the story is actually good.

That stuff is for movies you liked/love and want more of it. Not an apology for the theatrical release. With that in mind the slightly extended Tropic Thunder extended edition is just that much more funnier :smokin
Ok let's have a serious talk why would the studio release a cut when they had a better one?
Cuz these ppl are not smart.

BvS has turned out in to a HUGE HUGE /Trump missed opportunity. I mean it's Batman vs. Superman with Wonder Woman in a fight scene and the movie didn't do 3 billion :stoneface: :smh:

Last edited:
You know all this, without seeing it?

How?

Because some things can't be changed with more scenes. The editing problem with this film is that it went scene to scene. Filling in the gaps can't change the end result of many of these scenes. That Martha moment is there no matter what :lol:

Last edited:
the studio being dumb argument really is silly when they think about all the movie these studios put out, some hit some miss others are home runs.

This the same studio that green lit Lego movie and fury Road :lol:

the studio being dumb argument really is silly when they think about all the movie these studios put out, some hit some miss others are home runs.

Snyder and the studio is at fault. We just don't know who's more at fault. Snyder gon Snyder and Dc gon Dc

Snyder and the studio is at fault. We just don't know who's more at fault. Snyder gon Snyder and Dc gon Dc
Nope! We're gone put this notion to bed. If you watch the video they all clearly state that the ultimate cut is much better than the theatrical version. The studio forced him to cut down the run time for what ever reason. This was the version that Snyder originally intended to release. So I dont know how you dudes are still trying to blame snyder for what happended with BVS. 

See now the cut being released is the studio, but again I liked BvS. Wasn't amazing but it was good I liked it. You say DC gonna DC I'm like cool can't wait for Suicide Squad and the rest of the movies.

Is there a release date for the R version in theaters?

Nope! We're gone put this notion to bed. If you watch the video they all clearly state that the ultimate cut is much better than the theatrical version. The studio forced him to cut down the run time for what ever reason. This was the version that Snyder originally intended to release. So I dont know how you dudes are still trying to blame snyder for what happended with BVS. 

Snyder still was the director. He has say so in what's going to be in his film :lol: ... The theatrical cut isn't gonna turn this from the Phantom Menace into Empire Strikes back :lol:

Last edited:

Different dept heads.

I would never say all of WB studios are dumb or bad at their jobs. Clearly though the team of execs running this rushed collection of franchises in to a shared universe micromanaged the movie to **** or maybe they were all hands off until they saw it then started meddling.

Either way all I know this is back to back bad superhero flicks with the same director. They all look incompetent.

Last edited:
Snyder still was the director. He has say so in what's going to be in his film
laugh.gif
... The theatrical cut isn't gonna turn this from the Phantom Menace into Empire Strikes back
laugh.gif
Well apparently not, if corporate meddled in his film. And we already know the end result

I think the Ultimate Cut was in theaters yesterday for one night only. It wasn't even a wide release either. Seems like a missed opportunity to cash in on the spectacle. Probably just for diehards and critics.

The Extended Edition makes for a much better movie than the theatrical film. It shows the senator finding out about the Superman setup

Last edited:
The Extended Edition makes for a much better movie than the theatrical film. It shows the senator finding out about the Supermaj setup
Jon Schnepp said he really liked the UC version...dude was the most upset person over at Collider

Last edited:
for those who've seen the directors cut, what stuff from the original run would you have taken out then?

Jon Schnepp said he really liked the UC version...dude was the most upset person over at Collider

It definitely makes for a better movie. Just things off the top of my head is there was a missile strike by the US government before Superman arrived that he had to stop cause that would've blown Lois up along with the guys who took her hostage.

The African lady who spoke against Superman was paid to do so and Luthor's goons came after her to kill her to cover up their tracks so she told the senator the truth about that day (Luthor's goons slaughtering everyone).

It definitely makes for a better movie. Just things off the top of my head is there was a missile strike by the US government before Superman arrived that he had to stop cause that would've blown Lois up along with the guys who took her hostage.

The African lady who spoke against Superman was paid to do so and Luthor's goons came after her to kill her to cover up their tracks so she told the senator the truth about that day (Luthor's goons slaughtering everyone).

From reading everything, there's really no way to cut anything from this movie. Everything is important to how the story was told. Why the studio decided not to gamble on people sitting for a 3 hour Batman vs Superman is beyond me. People would have did it for Batman vs Superman. Seriously.

Hopefully WB learns from this and move forward appropriately

Watching Ultimate Cut as soon as I reach the crib

All I need is Clark Kent being Clark Kent and some more context regarding Lex's plot and I'm cool

Back
Top Bottom