DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Not sure this is the thread for it, but the killing joke was meh.

This is the threAd and I think a lot of people were disappointed. It's crazy DC has been making fire animated movies on the low for years, this the first one with considerable hype and it's getting so so reviews :smh: :lol:

my biggest issues will Snyder having such a major role in the DCEU (which I've stated many times in some form or the other):

1) style over substance

he is the epitome of 'keep it simple stupid'.. anytime he tries to step out of his lane and do too much, the movie goes to crap (like sucker punch)

2) he has a very distinct style

because he is the guy who is doing the big team up movie, all of the ancillary parts would be impacted by whatever he was doing

Not sure this is the thread for it, but the killing joke was meh.
This is the threAd and I think a lot of people were disappointed. It's crazy DC has been making fire animated movies on the low for years, this the first one with considerable hype and it's getting so so reviews
mean.gif
laugh.gif
there is a DC animated thread

http://niketalk.com/t/573403/the-of...thread-10-min-sneak-peek-of-killing-joke/0_20

however the point  of their animated movies being fire has been raised numerous times in here .. don't think it's on the low though

I haven't seen the killing joke yet

Last edited:
there is a DC animated thread.. however the point  of their animated movies being fire has been raised numerous times in here .. don't think it's on the low though

The general public didn't know much about he animated movies, but for killing joke I saw articles huffington post, buzzfeed, cnn. Plus the theatrical release for killing joke.

The general public within the last year have gotten really hip to DC animated movies. NT is Nt :lol:

Like what in post said anything about NT? :lol:

Last edited:
The other recent batman animated movie wasn't that good either. Just make more justice league animated movies.

The problem with DC animated is this new hardon for Batman, but there's only so many animated batman movies a dude can stomach.

Luckily we're getting a Judas Contract movie :pimp:

Last edited:
The problem with DC animated is this new hardon for Batman, but there's only so many animated batman movies a dude can stomach.

Luckily we're getting a Judas Contract movie :pimp:

The hadron isn't new though, I think once the Dark Knight came out in 08 we really saw batman fever reach crazy levels not scene since the burton batman

The general public didn't know much about he animated movies, but for killing joke I saw articles huffington post, buzzfeed, cnn. Plus the theatrical release for killing joke.

The general public within the last year have gotten really hip to DC animated movies. NT is Nt
laugh.gif

Like what in post said anything about NT?
laugh.gif
was just talking about there being a thread on NT..

yea.. I don't see the animated movies being THAT huge anyways at least for the average joe to have interest who will show up for the movies.. there is definitely a market for them, just not sure how big that market is in comparison to live action comic book movies

and was just talking about when the animated movies come up in this thread.. because most of the movies have been very good or at the very least enjoyable.. while the live action movies to date leave you either scratching your head or underwhelmed (after Nolan's batman movies)

what was meh about the killing joke? story different of origin, animation?

was just talking about there being a thread on NT..

yea.. I don't see the animated movies being THAT huge anyways at least for the average joe to have interest who will show up for the movies.. there is definitely a market for them, just not sure how big that market is in comparison to live action comic book movies

and was just talking about when the animated movies come up in this thread.. because most of the movies have been very good or at the very least enjoyable.. while the live action movies to date leave you either scratching your head or underwhelmed (after Nolan's batman movies)

Gotcha.

I think it's good business. Does anyone know how exactly studios make money off Netflix? I'm talking about the streaming which most people have seen these movies anywAy

The other recent batman animated movie wasn't that good either. Just make more justice league animated movies.
I like what they've done.. but then again, you got folks who don't like the damian character

just like that they have had different takes on the character..

both parts of 'the dark knight returns' were excellent.. then you had 'year one'.. then you had 'attack on arkham' which was basically the suicide squad movie.. didn't like all of 'gotham knight' but was still a cool concept

emerald knights I could have done without.. and I think I've seen pieces of superman vs the elite and didn't enjoy it.. and didn't think superman unbound was that great

Grant Gustin >>> Ezra Miller by a long shot. They went with the wrong Barry Allen. Still can't believe it's slated for next November, that seems so soon.

The new trailer just confirmed it for me.

"I need....friends"

Really though? Why couldn't they just do the Flash from the old animated series. Funny and cracking wise and confident. Yeah, yeah Barry Allen vs. Wally West and maybe I don't know enough about Barry Allen but you can't honestly tell me that Gustin Flash likes soft compared to Ezra Flash.

The trailer still looks good and I like the lighter and more humorous tone. Just keep it where it belongs. I can't have Steppenwolf turning out like Ultron. Momoa is gonna rock it as Aquaman. Already losing faith in this wimpy, soft, armor plated Flash. Rick and Morty or not.

Wonder Woman film looks surprisingly good. And SS is only a little more than a week away :pimp:

Year one with scum bag Gordon is my favorite. assault on arkham was great with Mark Hamilton Joker

just wish they went with a nicer version of the tv show's custom:

and don't get going with the above for flash and not going with something closer to TDK custom for bats:

Last edited:
Mother **** a Grant Gustin.

But I wish they went with yellow boots and yellow lightning for this version of The Flash. The blue lighting looks ridiculously overblown and excessive

Last edited:
Can we all agree to not bash a DC casting decision until the movie comes out? So far your guys have been 1 for 5. I'll grant you Jesse Esinberg, but you all have been wrong about Ben Afflek, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, and Jason Mammoa. It's the usual cycle of people complaining about a casting choice and then the movie comes out and suddenly everyone is praising their portrayal. 

i wish they would have piggybacked off of the look for the dareveil netflix costume (season 2) and upgraded the one from the tv show

Can we all agree to not bash a DC casting decision until the movie comes out? So far your guys have been 1 for 5. I'll grant you Jesse Esinberg, but you all have been wrong about Ben Afflek, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, and Jason Mammoa. It's the usual cycle of people complaining about a casting choice and then the movie comes out and suddenly everyone is praising their portrayal. 

It's what people do though, people straight hated when Heath ledger was cast

Back
Top Bottom