DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

He should have been.. Should have used assault on arkham as a skeleton and just flesh it out different

Marvel just did that shhh with civil war and changed things out of necessity

People in charge making it wayyy more complicated than it need to be and you ending up with gods of Egypt.. And wasting quality material

No common should have not been the main villain that stupid as hell :lol:

Common....Common? :rofl:

Bringing marvel into I see, thought people were tired of us bringing that up

Last edited:
^ yea I got it after I read your comment again.. I thought so too from the trailers

Last edited:
I too find it hard they have yet to make a movie that was liked by the majority. Where everybody is leaving ready to see it again.

3 movies in for a shared universe. That's not good.
Nah b, nobody has ever said that..

it's getting bad as we are now arguing over how badly mediocre these movies are :smh:

it just sucks, havent seen SS but based on everything I've read on here, I'm just in for a so so movie, which could be great depending on how well I like will ferrell movies or Adam Sandler movies

:stoneface:

Like none of these movies are going to be Eddie Murphy, Steve Martin or Bill Murray status??

Don't mind me.

Why didn't you like it? What are your thoughts on what it's missing?

What did you like about it?
Acting was fine for the most part. I don't care to see any of these characters in future movies besides Waller and maybe Harley. Joker too, I guess.

But the pacing was off, editing was bad, music was OD, storyline meh. It did not flow coherently.

Y'all are picking a choosing which reviews on here to listen too. But Saying we arguing about how mediocre is silly and just not true y'all ain't reading the thread just the people you want too.

What would you guys like the Batman solo film to be about?
Without a doubt the Joker and Harley Quinn in an antagonist role.

Actually enjoyed the movie, despite some obvious problems with the plot and weak villain storyline. Margot Robbie stole the show. Also really liked Jared Leto's take on a modern-age Joker, even though I'm sure many won't. Shame the Joker had such limited screen time.

Buisness man joker seems like basically the opposite of everything Joke is supposed to represent.
There was a Joker vid posted in here about the reveal of Geoff John's 3 Jokers in the DC comics possibly working for the movie then broke down the 3 eras of the Joker in the comic.

Dude referred to OG golden age Joker as master criminal/crime boss Joker and posted why. My thing is even then he kinda glossed over how crazy that Joker was just cuz he was about pulling off crimes and he was a really bad guy. To me gasing ppl so they have permanent smiles and laugh to death is the foundation for the post silver age/bronze age/modern day agent of chaos Joker. Going on a murder spree in both versions.

I never got straight up crime boss.

Batffleck vs. Mr. Freeze or trapped in Arkham fighting a good deal of his villains or the Riddler.

Last edited:
- Everyone and their mother already knows Bruce's backstory -- don't rehash this again

- Good villain with good motive and development -- add humanity to the villain, who should be someone we haven't seen yet in a live-action movie

- Coherent storyline and structure -- refrain from too many flashbacks

- Explore the themes of Batman -- his character, the duality of Bruce's loneliness as a billionaire CEO and determination/purpose as Batfleck, etc.

- Show how Batfleck is both the greatest detective and physical force

Last edited:
There was a Joker vid posted in here about the reveal of Geoff John's 3 Jokers in the DC comics possibly working for the movie then broke down the 3 eras of the Joker in the comic.

Dude referred to OG golden age Joker as master criminal/crime boss Joker and posted why. My thing is even then he kinda glossed over how crazy that Joker was just cuz he was about pulling off crimes and he was a really bad guy. To me gasing ppl so they have permanent smiles and laugh to death is the foundation for the post silver age/bronze age/modern day agent of chaos Joker. Going on. A murder spree in both versions.

I never got straight up crime boss.

He was clearly the boss of the underworld in the movie, but again everyone was scared of him like the crazy unpredictable joke boss we know. Like dudes looked shook when he walked in the room,

Again though once you see it, it's only glimpses of all these things cause it's just quick scenes and flashbacks.

- Everyone and their mother already knows Bruce's backstory -- don't rehash this again
- Good villain with good motive and development -- add humanity to the villain, who should be someone we haven't seen yet in a live-action movie
- Coherent storyline and structure -- refrain from too many flashbacks
- Explore the themes of Batman -- his character, the duality of Bruce's loneliness as a billionaire CEO and determination/purpose as Batfleck, etc.
- Show how Batfleck is both the greatest detective and physical force

It seems they are setting up a under the red hood story from the Easter eggs from the last two movies. Someone mentioned earlier that to avoid the Avengers dilemmas of why not call the Justixe league for all the problems the member face in their solo movies, going with a Gotham contained strictly batman crime story would work well.

Redhood maybe..

But batman kills now sooooo

This should have been in arkham so they could establish a bunch of the villains.. Then:

When joker breaks out. Harley in this a ton of them escape

A Bats film based on Red Hood returning to seek vengeance on Bruce and Joker sounds awesome

Good way to introduce Barbara Gordon too (maybe a flashback just of Joker shooting her and killing Jason)

Arkham Asylum one with Hugo Strange and Riddler sounds enticing too

Last edited:
Redhood maybe..

But batman kills now sooooo

This should have been in arkham so they could establish a bunch of the villains.. Then:

When joker breaks out. Harley in this a ton of them escape

easy just age joker break in and take over arkham like he did in the game. He already got Harley out. Red hood is the wild card through the movie ******* with both batman and Joker.

A Bats film based on Red Hood returning to seek vengeance on Bruce and Joker sounds awesome

Good way to introduce Barbara Gordon too (maybe a flashback just of Joker shooting her and killing Jason)

Except batman is a killer now and makes deals with borderline bad guys

Batman's morality was a major issue of that story..

His unwillingness to kill joker even after what he did to robin

Gotcha.

Tweak like they do in other CBM adaptations. Seeing what red hood is and has become holds a mirror up to what Bruce is doing. Throw in Gordon and Alfred as a moral compass and you can tell that story.

Only questions is if they do red hood, what's up with **** Grayson? Was there ever one in this universe?

Last edited:
Can we stop with the slow motion in these movies? It ruins the big moment.

And what was up with Killer Croc shucking and jiving.

Can we stop with the slow motion in these movies? It ruins the big moment..

I was laughing the whole time that gun was thrown.

I was just like wtf, don't slow it, dear god this is so bad *smdh & laughing *

Last edited:

Me not liking that story a lot aside, Batffleck got endless bodies on him so I don't see what's stopping him from killing Jason or teaming up with him and killing the Joker.

Arkham Asylum one with Hugo Strange and Riddler sounds enticing too
Wow, don't know why I never thought of it but teaming these 2 together would be devastating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom