DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

The problem DC has is everyone sees the potential, so this gets extra frustrating

They have no need to go gods of Egypt.. They stole parts of attack on arkham already

Helicopters and joker maybe dying

Why not just steal more.. But especially:
Batman warning Waller in the end.. And then the part with deadshot after

They could have had the bad guy be the result of the government testing.. Or they could have been the ones to send ole girl on that chase to find the artifacts because they want a potential weapon vs these super people and it backfires, so they can't run to the heroes

But you gotta come up with something why you can't run to the people they know about or that were in the movie

Last edited:
First of all, I'ma try to avoid spoilers in this post but I really don't give a **** because this movie doesn't have a plot where avoiding spoilers would be beneficial to the overall experience.

I'm a diehard DC fanboy, been so all my life. Always preferred DC to Marvel, except Spider-Man who I specifically  prefer over everyone else.

I wanted to like this movie. I wanted to walk out and go, "Damn, that was dope."

Nah.

Nah, b.

NAH. I walked out of that theater like

First of all, the good

Will Smith killt the Deadshot role like I hoped he would as a Will Smith fan. There was a lot of Will being Will but it worked so well you don't even care. That whole subplot with his daughter I dug.

Margot Robbie was fantastic as Harley Quinn, not much more needs to be said.

I loved what little we saw of the Joker. He was genuinely scary, like you weren't sure of what he was going to do next. TDK Joker was foremost interested in pushing his nihlist philosophy on you and even denied being crazy, but this Joker gives absolutely no dambs and the instability is clear as hell. I would love to see him be the main villain of the Battfleck movie. He was less nihilist murderer and more gangster. His primary motivation is not chaos or destruction, but getting his chick back. Which humanizes the character to a fantastic degree. Gangster running Gotham Joker is cool in my book. Dudes are against businessman Joker but forget Batman TAS and other interpretations contain a Joker who was very much bout his.

Hell, the famous "Death in the Family" story had Businessman Joker in it.

The Joker/Quinn relationship is treated as an ACTUAL relationship as opposed to the Quinn gives and Joker takes/Joker doesn't care about Harley/Joker abuses Harley situation that we usually see. The two clearly care about each other to an almost touching degree. The scene where Quinn is baptized by the Joker is almost heartwarming. Point blank, Joker is sprung on Harley in the DCeU.

Viola Davis, Amanda Waller, nuff said. Need her savagery in JL especially when you take the mid-credits scene into account

Soundtrack is piff; a lot of reviewers complained about the pop music and though it is a tad excessive it works for the tone of the film.

Cara Delevingne is delicious.

Rick Flagg was iight

Visuals were coo.

I didn't hate Killer Croc like I thought I would, but that doesn't mean I liked him all that much.

Everything below ***** up the movie for me:

The jokes. I swear to God every time a character makes a joke it would be this 45 45 10 split: 45% chance of the joke being quiet chuckle to yourself, maybe sort of funny, 10% chance of it being laugh out loud hilarious, and 45 % chance it would be ridiculously corny/cringeworthy. Not cool. Some jokes were so terrible that you just had to facepalm.

The entire premise/purpose for the creation of the team is silly as hell:

Amanda Waller is afraid that the next "Superman" figure will not be so selfless and giving. So she proposes that the government assembles a secret team in order to combat this potential threat. Cool. One would assume that this is a team of highly potent metahumans, right?

REMEMBER, THE PURPOSE OF THIS TEAM IS EXPLICITLY STATED IN THE MOVIE TO COMBAT AN EVIL SUPERMAN/BEING OF SIMILAR POWER, ALONGSIDE THE UNDERTAKING OF SUPER CLASSIFIED BLACK OPS MISSIONS/INFILTRATIONS. But let's rock with that first premise because this movie is more concerned with the "what if there was an evil Superman" aspect of the team's purpose as opposed to the black ops part.

Now, what does this anti-meta team consist of?

1. A guy with destructive fire powers. iight, cool.

2. An ancient witch from another dimension? Iight cool.

3. A dude who watches BET Uncut like it's 2003, that has a mutation that makes him look like a crocodile? Uh, okay. At least he has super strength.

4. Captain Boomerang???! Wut???? AND THEY AINT EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO GIVE US RIDICULOUSLY OVER THE TOP TRICK BOOMERANG CAPTAIN BOOMERANG. JUST SOME SCRUB WHO THE FLASH WASHED AND HAPPENS TO LIKE THROWING BOOMERANGS. SON THREW LIKE 5 OF THEM ***** THE ENTIRE MOVIE AND SPENT THE REST OF THEM MAKING JOKES OR FIGHTING HAND TO HAND WITH HIS GOT DAMN BOOMERANGS!!!!! THIS ***** IS PART OF THE ELITE SECRET CLASSIFIED TEAM MEANT TO END THE METAHUMAN THREAT!?!? WUT??
roll.gif

5. Harley Quin??? What exactly is her special ability to combat this supposed Superman/Zod/Doomsday level threat?  She gone seduce Darksied???

6. Deadshot?? SUPERMAN/MOST OTHER METAHUMANS ARE IMPERVIOUS TO BULLETS BRUH. He's cool on the black ops tip but not the "metahuman preparation initiative" tip.

7. SLIP. MUTHA *******. KNOT?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

THIS IS WALLER'S TEAM TO DEFEND US FROM EVIL ALIENS?!?!?!?!?

But the ridiculousness of the team's composition is a minor complaint in regards to Deadshot and Harley, who are strong, well-rounded characters.

Enchantress is an MCU-level villain. Additionally, the circumstances of her being the major antagonist of the movie tying into the team's creation seems kind of lazy to me. As opposed to "Superman died, omg we need a team", there should have been a very specific and nuanced catalyst that drove Waller to cast this specific group of villains to fulfill her purpose. Joker and his evil shenanigans should have been the driving force of this plot instead of "oh look, Enchantress got away, so now the team I was just creating has a reason for being created even though she was supposed o be part of the team in the first place". That's lazy to me.

The zombified human monsters suck.

Enchantress' brother

Diablo was cool until he randomly started calling the SS his "family"
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. Just another miniscule mark on a movie full of marks.

OH LAWD THAT THIRD ACT
roll.gif
JUST A HOT *** SAHARA DESERT AFRICAN BOOTY SWEAT HOT MESS

ENCHANTRESS OUTCHEA DOIN THE HARLEM SHAKE
roll.gif

WHY WAS SHE JUMPIN AROUND FIGHTING WITH THE TWO SWORDS LIKE JACK SPARROW WHEN SHE CLEARLY HAD THE POWER TO OBLITERATE THEM ON THE SPOT

WHY DID SHE RANDOMLY STOP TRYING TO KILL THEM AND OFFER THEM MERCY

HARLEY QUINN, HARLEY MOTHA ******* QUINN,  GOING "YOU HURT MY FRIENDS" AND THEN STABBING HER
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
WHAT WAS THAT LOONEY TUNES ****

THE THROWN GUN IN SLOW MOTION

KILLER CROC LITERALLY COULD HAVE ASKED FOR ANY AMENITY IN THE WORLD AND THIS ***** ASKED FOR BET BRUH!!!! NEVER MIND THIS DUDE ASKING FOR A SPECIFIC CHANNEL, THIS ***** ASKED FOR B E T !!!!!!!!

ENCHATRESS' ACCENT
roll.gif

YOU DONT HAVE THE BALLS
roll.gif

AND THEN HE KILLED HER AND THE MOVIE SET IT UP TO BE THIS INSANE EMOTIONAL PAYOFF BASED ON PREVIOUS FORESHADOWING BUT DR. MOONE JUST LIVES ANYWAY FOR SOME REASON EVEN AFTER ENCHANTRESS WAS TALKING ALL THAT **** ABOUT HOW SHE WASNT COMING BACK
roll.gif

Ending and mid credits scene was cool.

Joker SHOULD ABSOLUTELY have been in this movie for longer. Again, he should have been the main villain like those deceptive *** trailers led us to believe.

I'm thinking back and I'm not as upset about this movie as when I walked out the theater. I'm still in my mind between "this was mediocre but kind of fun", "this was good all around fun", and "THIS **** WAS DONKEY TRASH".

That third act really ****** the movie up man even though the problems were still peppered throughout the first two. The same issue with BvS.

I have no rating. I saw the glimmer of a classic in this film, but it's a momentary illusion when you regard the whole in its entirety. On a pure enjoyment level it's slightly above Thor 2 to me.

The RT score is whatever. Some critics are tripping, some aren't. This isn't a F4 bad movie by ANY stretch of the imagination tho.

Last edited:
I finished watching the film about an hour ago. It wasn't awful, but it's not a film that I'm gonna go out of my way to watch it again.

Will Smith and Margot Robbie were the highlights and Jared Leto was basically a few cameos here and there. SS was clearly trying to go for the Guardians of the Galaxy vibe and it fell kinda short.

6/10.
Now give me my check Marvel! 
laugh.gif

Suicide Squad had a chance to take DC to a darker route but they decided to go the Guardians of the Galaxy route..

Repped for the BET comment.

SS was 4.5/8 for me.

I enjoyed the characters but that wasn't enough to save it from a sloppy plot.

The hell is happening to superhero movies. that was the weirdest **** ever. It's not good, but still worth seeing just to see how weird it is.

Last edited:
Y'all know damn well that if they copied Assault on Arkham, people would have complaints like, "I've already seen this movie before, it's called Assault on Arkham. DC can't make an original story?" :lol:

Nah **** that. Some tweaks, a few more Battfleck cameos, Joker as the main villain to build hype for the epic showdown in the Batman solo, maybe not have it involve Arkham Asylum, and they would have been straight.

First of all, I'ma try to avoid spoilers in this post but I really don't give a **** because this movie doesn't have a plot where avoiding spoilers would be beneficial to the overall experience.

I'm a diehard DC fanboy, been so all my life. Always preferred DC to Marvel, except Spider-Man who I specifically  prefer over everyone else.

I wanted to like this movie. I wanted to walk out and go, "Damn, that was dope."

Nah.

Nah, b.

View media item 2124424

First of all, the good

Will Smith killt the Deadshot role like I hoped he would as a Will Smith fan. There was a lot of Will being Will but it worked so well you don't even care. That whole subplot with his daughter I dug.

I loved what little we saw of the Joker. He was genuinely scary, like you weren't sure of what he was going to do next. TDK Joker was foremost interested in pushing his nihlist philosophy on you and even denied being crazy, but this Joker gives absolutely no dambs and the instability is clear as hell. I would love to see him be the main villain of the Battfleck movie. He was less nihilist murderer and more gangster. His primary motivation is not chaos or destruction, but getting his chick back. Which humanizes the character to a fantastic degree. Gangster running Gotham Joker is cool in my book. Dudes are against businessman Joker but forget Batman TAS and other interpretations contain a Joker who was very much bout his.

The Joker/Quinn relationship is treated as an ACTUAL relationship as opposed to the Quinn gives and Joker takes/Joker doesn't care about Harley/Joker abuses Harley situation that we usually see. The two clearly care about each other to an almost touching degree. The scene where Quinn is baptized by the Joker is almost heartwarming. Point blank, Joker is sprung on Harley in the DCeU.

Viola Davis, Amanda Waller, nuff said. Need her savagery in JL especially when you take the mid-credits scene into account

Soundtrack is piff; a lot of reviewers complained about the pop music and though it is a tad excessive it works for the tone of the film.

Rick Flagg was iight

Visuals were coo.

I didn't hate Killer Croc like I thought I would, but that doesn't mean I liked him all that much.

The jokes. I swear to God every time a character makes a joke it would be this 45 45 10 split: 45% chance of the joke being quiet chuckle to yourself, maybe sort of funny, 10% chance of it being laugh out loud hilarious, and 45 % chance it would be ridiculously corny/cringeworthy. Not cool. Some jokes were so terrible that you just had to facepalm.

Amanda Waller is afraid that the next "Superman" figure will not be so selfless and giving. So she proposes that the government assembles a secret team in order to combat this potential threat. Cool. One would assume that this is a team of highly potent metahumans, right?

REMEMBER, THE PURPOSE OF THIS TEAM IS EXPLICITLY STATED IN THE MOVIE TO COMBAT AN EVIL SUPERMAN/BEING OF SIMILAR POWER, ALONGSIDE THE UNDERTAKING OF SUPER CLASSIFIED BLACK OPS MISSIONS/INFILTRATIONS. But let's rock with that first premise because this movie is more concerned with the "what if there was an evil Superman" aspect of the team's purpose as opposed to the black ops part.

3. A dude who watches BET Uncut like it's 2003, that has a mutation that makes him look like a crocodile? Uh, okay. At least he has super strength.

4. Captain Boomerang???! Wut???? AND THEY AINT EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO GIVE US RIDICULOUSLY OVER THE TOP TRICK BOOMERANG CAPTAIN BOOMERANG. JUST SOME SCRUB WHO THE FLASH WASHED AND HAPPENS TO LIKE THROWING BOOMERANGS. SON THREW LIKE 5 OF THEM ***** THE ENTIRE MOVIE AND SPENT THE REST OF THEM MAKING JOKES OR FIGHTING HAND TO HAND WITH HIS GOT DAMN BOOMERANGS!!!!! THIS ***** IS PART OF THE ELITE SECRET CLASSIFIED TEAM MEANT TO END THE METAHUMAN THREAT!?!? WUT?? :rofl:

5. Harley Quin??? What exactly is her special ability to combat this supposed Superman/Zod/Doomsday level threat?  She gone seduce Darksied???

6. Deadshot?? SUPERMAN/MOST OTHER METAHUMANS ARE IMPERVIOUS TO BULLETS BRUH. He's cool on the black ops tip but not the "metahuman preparation initiative" tip.

But the ridiculousness of the team's composition is a minor complaint in regards to Deadshot and Harley, who are strong, well-rounded characters.

Enchantress is an MCU-level villain. Additionally, the circumstances of her being the major antagonist of the movie tying into the team's creation seems kind of lazy to me. As opposed to "Superman died, omg we need a team", there should have been a very specific and nuanced catalyst that drove Waller to cast this specific group of villains to fulfill her purpose. Joker and his evil shenanigans should have been the driving force of this plot instead of "oh look, Enchantress got away, so now the team I was just creating has a reason for being created even though she was supposed o be part of the team in the first place". That's lazy to me.

Enchantress' brother

Diablo was cool until he randomly started calling the SS his "family" :x :x :x :x :x . Just another miniscule mark on a movie full of marks.

OH LAWD THAT THIRD ACT :rofl: JUST A HOT *** SAHARA DESERT AFRICAN BOOTY SWEAT HOT MESS

ENCHANTRESS OUTCHEA DOIN THE HARLEM SHAKE :rofl:

WHY WAS SHE JUMPIN AROUND FIGHTING WITH THE TWO SWORDS LIKE JACK SPARROW WHEN SHE CLEARLY HAD THE POWER TO OBLITERATE THEM ON THE SPOT

HARLEY QUINN, HARLEY MOTHA ******* QUINN,  GOING "YOU HURT MY FRIENDS" AND THEN STABBING HER :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: WHAT WAS THAT LOONEY TUNES ****

KILLER CROC LITERALLY COULD HAVE ASKED FOR ANY AMENITY IN THE WORLD AND THIS ***** ASKED FOR BET BRUH!!!! NEVER MIND THIS DUDE ASKING FOR A SPECIFIC CHANNEL, THIS ***** ASKED FOR B E T !!!!!!!!

ENCHATRESS' ACCENT :rofl:

YOU DONT HAVE THE BALLS :rofl:

AND THEN HE KILLED HER AND THE MOVIE SET IT UP TO BE THIS INSANE EMOTIONAL PAYOFF BASED ON PREVIOUS FORESHADOWING BUT DR. MOONE JUST LIVES ANYWAY FOR SOME REASON EVEN AFTER ENCHANTRESS WAS TALKING ALL THAT **** ABOUT HOW SHE WASNT COMING BACK:rofl:

Joker SHOULD ABSOLUTELY have been in this movie for longer. Again, he should have been the main villain like those deceptive *** trailers led us to believe.

I'm thinking back and I'm not as upset about this movie as when I walked out the theater. I'm still in my mind between "this was mediocre but kind of fun", "this was good all around fun", and "THIS **** WAS DONKEY TRASH".

That third act really ****** the movie up man even though the problems were still peppered throughout the first two. The same issue with BvS.

I have no rating. I saw the glimmer of a classic in this film, but it's a momentary illusion when you regard the whole in its entirety. On a pure enjoyment level it's slightly above Thor 2 to me.

The RT score is whatever. Some critics are tripping, some aren't. This isn't a F4 bad movie by ANY stretch of the imagination tho.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

61884934.jpg

Now this was entertaining :rofl: :rofl:

If they copy themselves then the story is still original. Just turning the cartoon into live action. They can change stuff like cb movies always do with source material. Or just copy how the tone was since they didn't know how serious to make this movie.

Last edited:
Y'all know damn well that if they copied Assault on Arkham, people would have complaints like, "I've already seen this movie before, it's called Assault on Arkham. DC can't make an original story?" :lol:

Like it hasn't worked before or anything...

And you don't even have to limit it to comic book or graphic novel movies

People have zero issues when you follow good source material

Look at BvS

Nah **** that. Some tweaks, a few more Battfleck cameos, Joker as the main villain to build hype for the epic showdown in the Batman solo, maybe not have it involve Arkham Asylum, and they would have been straight.

No no no.. You do it in arkham so you can show batman's and/or other people's villains.. Or have a list.. Or have guards look at the various cells on a screen.. Some sort of Easter egg for the future movies

Instead of that garbage that was in BvS

Movie is fine, but disappointing.

You can see all the potential, you can see the parts of good movie but it doesn't come together.

Detailed spoiler review later.

da editing played a big part on why i thought da movie was hamstrung...

its no where near as bad as da 27% rating on Rotten Tomatoes...its decent (Harley Quinn was straight outta da animated series.. great acting) but it felt like a suped up and sped up dark movie.. should've been that somber cut i kept hearing bout, cuz u can ree clear remnants of it when you're watching it.

Enchantress may have been the worst character in the film once she got that power-up and started that ridiculous dancing :smh:

Last edited:
i'm coming in here to share my 2 cents. movie left me mad. that was a poorly written movie. i am not a hard guy to please. i really enjoyed man of steel, and dawn of justice.

...but this :smh: :smh: :smh: the writers should be shot.

after watching assault on arkham, this live action version is poorly written. rushed, stiff acting (might be due to poor writing), corny at times...the movie couldn't stay focused and be something. i won't speak on plot. but the plot was absurd, and the joker was criminally under utilized. jared leto was no ledger...i think that was god level of acting, but he was solid, but lack of utilization left his character feeling like a waste of time and not engaging.

margot robbie. not the HQ i wanted (batman animated HQ was perfect) but she was ok...again, i think the writing takes much of the blame here. corny dialog, scene transitions...hell some scenes were useless.

i wasn't even supposed to watch it till tuesday, as i have IMAX tix with my crew. i just grabbed a free ticket from tmobile so i caught it tonight. good thing it was free (well $4 for 3D).

Enchantress may have been the worst character in the film once she got that power-up and started that ridiculous dancing :smh:

:smh: god that character was the whole reason this movie was broken.

i low-key feel the studio execs are rushing this trying to cash in on marvel's success, so they had to come up with a poorly thought out plot.

but even i could've written a better story. and I'm not even a hardcore comic head.

Nah.

Nah, b.

View media item 2124424

First of all, the good

Rick Flagg was iight

Visuals were coo.

4. Captain Boomerang???! Wut???? AND THEY AINT EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO GIVE US RIDICULOUSLY OVER THE TOP TRICK BOOMERANG CAPTAIN BOOMERANG. JUST SOME SCRUB WHO THE FLASH WASHED AND HAPPENS TO LIKE THROWING BOOMERANGS. SON THREW LIKE 5 OF THEM ***** THE ENTIRE MOVIE AND SPENT THE REST OF THEM MAKING JOKES OR FIGHTING HAND TO HAND WITH HIS GOT DAMN BOOMERANGS!!!!! THIS ***** IS PART OF THE ELITE SECRET CLASSIFIED TEAM MEANT TO END THE METAHUMAN THREAT!?!? WUT?? :rofl:

Enchantress' brother

Diablo was cool until he randomly started calling the SS his "family" :x :x :x :x :x . Just another miniscule mark on a movie full of marks.

OH LAWD THAT THIRD ACT :rofl: JUST A HOT *** SAHARA DESERT AFRICAN BOOTY SWEAT HOT MESS

ENCHANTRESS OUTCHEA DOIN THE HARLEM SHAKE :rofl:

HARLEY QUINN, HARLEY MOTHA ******* QUINN,  GOING "YOU HURT MY FRIENDS" AND THEN STABBING HER :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: WHAT WAS THAT LOONEY TUNES ****

ENCHATRESS' ACCENT :rofl:

YOU DONT HAVE THE BALLS :rofl:

AND THEN HE KILLED HER AND THE MOVIE SET IT UP TO BE THIS INSANE EMOTIONAL PAYOFF BASED ON PREVIOUS FORESHADOWING BUT DR. MOONE JUST LIVES ANYWAY FOR SOME REASON EVEN AFTER ENCHANTRESS WAS TALKING ALL THAT **** ABOUT HOW SHE WASNT COMING BACK:rofl:

Lmao. Guess I can post the enchantress gif freely now.

grinding-granny.gif
HOWLING :rofl: :rofl:

Just got back. I liked it. I can tell they cut a lot out though. The transitions weren't great between some scenes, but for a summer popcorn flick, it delivered. I wanna see a director's cut.

Diablo's transformation. :nthat:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom