DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Just got back. I liked it. I can tell they cut a lot out though. The transitions weren't great between some scenes, but for a summer popcorn flick, it delivered. I wanna see a director's cut.

Diablo's transformation. :nthat:

Yeah I enjoyed it too but I'm starting to think they are cutting a ton out on purpose to sell the Ulitimate Cut

Just got back. I liked it. I can tell they cut a lot out though. The transitions weren't great between some scenes, but for a summer popcorn flick, it delivered. I wanna see a director's cut.

I thought this would have been cool if Waller knew he had the power of an ancient God and was brought on just for enchantress insurance . Like they've battled before thousands of years ago.

Yeah I enjoyed it too but I'm starting to think they are cutting a ton out on purpose to sell the Ulitimate Cut

Ayer said there is no director cut and that he stands by this one..

I hope to god he changes his mind :lol:

Ayer said there is no director cut and that he stands by this one..

I hope to god he changes his mind :lol:
Forget what he says. WB is in charge. Look at the responses and reactions. China is not airing this movie.

There has to be a better blu-ray version coming just to get a bit more money.

Ayer couldn't stop another team from editing the movie (whether or not he agreed to it) he's not stopping WB from making a longer version or rated R cut. Even having another one weekend airing in theaters.

Last edited:
a rated R directors cut would save this movie tremendously....

sidenote, all these cats stopped @ benballer for chains & earrings? :lol: Joker wit da nice cuban links. :pimp:

Last edited:
Will Smith saved this movie, man. Otherwise I'm so disappointed in everything. It deadass reminded me of Fantastic 4 (the newer version) and I'm pissed. First half was pretty decent but wtf happened?! The villain(s) were just awful awful.

Best scene in the entire move was when Deadshot went Hero ball on those aliens all by himself.

does anyone have the link for the dark knight thread? i wasnt on NT when it came out but i always wanted to read the thread as the movie built up to its release.

im not a tough critic by any means but this movie was ******* terrible

the terrible action scenes, terrible villains, and forced comedy was cringeworthy.

why was the soldier the main character in the movie?

the bar scene was cringe...wills grand finale scene was cringe too.

i enjoyed the first half of the movie alot then it just went spiraling downwards after that.

jared leto is buns compared to heath ledgers joker...

croc and bet ....this was some grade A cornball **** 

only thing i liked about the movie was will and margot.

everyone else was completely dull...

boomerang, croc, samurai chick, diablo were all bad

Last edited:
Nah man I'm not done yet. This movie pissed me off!!!!!

Such a dope beginning, man. **** DC and that studio over there.

Problem with this and BvS, are they are walking up trying to hit home runs every time out.. Trying to catch marvel on a single swing.. Or only shooting 3s when they're down 20 early in the 3rd

Instead of just trying to make contact (or hit a couple shots, play defense and rebound) like batman begins.. Or ironman or GOTG

Make a legit blueprint of the things you want to do and learn from the mistakes of others.. Don't make a bunch of ironman2s

Spiderman3 and ironman 2 are the exact company for these movies the more I think about it

Couldn't disagree more. The movie was good and fun and didn't **** up the way BvS did. The universe was clear and the direction is set now for the universe.

Also this movie is the same as GOTG but thar was movie was good not as great as others make it to be.

They set up the squad and the chemistry was out of the park with the cast. Waller is gonna be great going for. Only flaw was the last hour beige the final battle where it just became a video game with the endless drones.

I can't wait for SS 2
Dude quit it. You've been trying to cape this movie for the past few days and just agree it was bad. It wasn't good literally at all.

Couldn't disagree more. The movie was good and fun and didn't **** up the way BvS did. The universe was clear and the direction is set now for the universe.

Also this movie is the same as GOTG but thar was movie was good not as great as others make it to be.

They set up the squad and the chemistry was out of the park with the cast. Waller is gonna be great going for. Only flaw was the last hour beige the final battle where it just became a video game with the endless drones.

I can't wait for SS 2
lmao what? 
indifferent.gif

you probably thought that goaline pass play in the superbowl was a good call too smh

this is a terrible movie

what they really need to do, is just go turn the arkham game series into a movie and just tweak a few things. im surprised more of u didnt take advantage of tmobile giving the tickets away for free. but now that time has passed....

im still pissed at killer croc. and a few things didnt make sense to me in the movie
-waller said the witch turned them into soldiers who could take a headshot and keep fighting... but headshots are what killed them.

-killer croc is just a young thug with higher than average strength? so why is he chosen to save the world from an evil superman?

-diablo is an ancient god to? um.... what the ****. So hes not even a metahuman then. is he possessed and didnt know it? is he actually like 6000 years old too? how did they just insert this random god-mode powerup for him?

-soooooooooo is superman dead or not? cuz in the beginning they make it seem that way, but does that mean batman is forming the justice league...without him?

-joker was really reduced to chasing harley for the entire movie? really? he left her when the car crashed... just to chase her?

-why is boomerang in this movie AT ALL. no powers. no incredible ability. hes just REALLY REALLY australian? word?

-flagg, so you know your chick is a witch with limitless power.... so u let her blackmail you into silence after seeing her go set some evil **** up.... by threatening to kill herself?

-how the hell did harley get a cellphone, and why did the joker only just start tracking her once she left... but also knew where to find her after crashing?

-"you hurt my friends!" really????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

-whats with the NOW thats what I call hiphop classics! soundtrack?

-joker disabled harley's bomb. did they explain how he even knew they had bombs in their necks or how he knew where to go to deactivate? forgetting that, since harleys bomb was disabled... when waller threatened to blow them up still in the end, harley couldve literally just killed waller right there and everyone wouldve been free to go. instead she got scared like the rest of them. um... wtf

Most of the complaints about this movie in this thread are NITPICKY. Plus, I don't get why people keep saying the how "little" the Joker was in the movie.. He had plenty of screen time in my opinion. He's not even a part of the SS :lol:

Most of the complaints about this movie in this thread are NITPICKY. Plus, I don't get why people keep saying the how "little" the Joker was in the movie.. He had plenty of screen time in my opinion. He's not even a part of the SS
laugh.gif
because hes been the lead character of every single advertisement for this movie since it was first revealed. he was the focus of all conversation outside of will smith. the hype around the movie was literally, how will this joker stack up. the commercials and trailers played off of that as well... just so that he was in the movie for a grand total of 8 minutes. most of his scenes were already in the trailers or commercials at that. his role... was literally to chase harley and get his girl back... cuz we all know joker is the type to do that. it was just bad.

HOWEVER, im intrigued by leto's joker. i dont care for the gangster aspect, but his portrayal of being unbalanced/crazy was good. he really communicated that well. so a future movie of him giving no dambs against batman will be epic.

Last edited:
Most of the complaints about this movie in this thread are NITPICKY. Plus, I don't get why people keep saying the how "little" the Joker was in the movie.. He had plenty of screen time in my opinion. He's not even a part of the SS :lol:

because hes been the lead character of every single advertisement for this movie since it was first revealed. he was the focus of all conversation outside of will smith. the hype around the movie was literally, how will this joker stack up. the commercials and trailers played off of that as well... just so that he was in the movie for a grand total of 8 minutes. most of his scenes were already in the trailers or commercials at that. his role... was literally to chase harley and get his girl back... cuz we all know joker is the type to do that. it was just bad.

HOWEVER, im intrigued by leto's joker. i dont care for the gangster aspect, but his portrayal of being unbalanced/crazy was good. he really communicated that well. so a future movie of him giving no dambs against batman will be epic.

I understand that, but what else did people expect when the movie is titled SUICIDE SQUAD. Not Suicide Squad + Joker. Marketing is marketing. It's funny because when people review Civil War they go "I like how they made sure this was a Capt. America movie, so it's okay the others didn't get enough screen time", but it's a whole different story for SS.

Last edited:
what they really need to do, is just go turn the arkham game series into a movie and just tweak a few things. im surprised more of u didnt take advantage of tmobile giving the tickets away for free. but now that time has passed....

im still pissed at killer croc. and a few things didnt make sense to me in the movie

-waller said the witch turned them into soldiers who could take a headshot and keep fighting... but headshots are what killed them.
-killer croc is just a young thug with higher than average strength? so why is he chosen to save the world from an evil superman?
-diablo is an ancient god to? um.... what the ****. So hes not even a metahuman then. is he possessed and didnt know it? is he actually like 6000 years old too? how did they just insert this random god-mode powerup for him?
-soooooooooo is superman dead or not? cuz in the beginning they make it seem that way, but does that mean batman is forming the justice league...without him?
-joker was really reduced to chasing harley for the entire movie? really? he left her when the car crashed... just to chase her?
-why is boomerang in this movie AT ALL. no powers. no incredible ability. hes just REALLY REALLY australian? word?
-flagg, so you know your chick is a witch with limitless power.... so u let her blackmail you into silence after seeing her go set some evil **** up.... by threatening to kill herself?
-how the hell did harley get a cellphone, and why did the joker only just start tracking her once she left... but also knew where to find her after crashing?
-"you hurt my friends!" really????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
-whats with the NOW thats what I call hiphop classics! soundtrack?
-joker disabled harley's bomb. did they explain how he even knew they had bombs in their necks or how he knew where to go to deactivate? forgetting that, since harleys bomb was disabled... when waller threatened to blow them up still in the end, harley couldve literally just killed waller right there and everyone wouldve been free to go. instead she got scared like the rest of them. um... wtf

Multiple head shots were needed, not just a normal one that would end humans.
The guard gave HQ the phone when she was being wheeled out.
Joker left her in the car cuz Bats was coming, he was savin his own ***.
Supes is still dead, Bruce is assembling the team alone, JL preview shows this.....
Joker had the guard, possible he got the info from him.

Back
Top Bottom