DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

2.75/8

My main gripe was the storyline. Introducing so many characters is obviously a difficult task, but most of the intros fell short. It was also very jumpy when it came to a few of the intros as well as with character development, which I'll discuss later. The plot and major villain arose from using the Enchantress. So had the Suicide Squad not been called into formation in the first place due to the fear that the next superhero would be a supervillain, none of this would have even happened.

Disagree. Enchantress being awakened had nothing to do with th Suicide Squad, just like Deadshot killing people and operating as a criminal had nothing to do with it. That's the thing, all of the Squad members were known quantities in the world before Waller ever got a hold of them and that's how she found them at all. We saw that her awakening was the result of a simple mistake on the part of an archeologist and that her grudge against humanity in turn was based around an incident that happened centuries ago when her followers turned against her and her brother. Therefore, she was always going to try to destroy/take over the world once she was awoken. If anything, Waller getting a hold of her put that off for a few months, as she didn't have access to either her brother or her own heart to increase her power.

Last edited:

Disagree. Enchantress being awakened had nothing to do with th Suicide Squad, just like Deadshot killing people and operating as a criminal had nothing to do with it. That's the thing, all of the Squad members were known quantities in the world before Waller ever got a hold of them and that's how she found them at all. We saw that her awakening was the result of a simple mistake on the part of an archeologist and that her grudge against humanity in turn was based around an incident that happened centuries ago when her followers turned against her and her brother. Therefore, she was always going to try to destroy/take over the world once she was awoken. If anything, Waller getting a hold of her put that off for a few months, as she didn't have access to either her brother or her own heart to increase her power.

Fair argument. Regardless, Waller's handling of the Enchantress was almost bad as she was able to get to her brother fairly easily, which as we saw reduced the power of her heart over her. That plus adding love into the mix was a recipe for disaster

Last edited:
I think people are still gonna flock to theaters. There are too many conflicting accounts of whether or not the movie was good. People will want to see for themselves

I think people are still gonna flock to theaters. There are too many conflicting accounts of whether or not the movie was good. People will want to see for themselves
I think so too. I see word of mouth telling people that the critics were wrong about this movie will entice more to go see it. In a sense BVS did suffer a financial impact because of the negative buzz, but with SS it feels different. I've been combing over comments from FB and YouTube, and the general consensus is that most people liked this movie.

Fair argument. Regardless, Waller's handling of the Enchantress was almost bad as she was able to get to her brother fairly easily, which as we saw reduced the power of her heart over her. That plus adding love into the mix was a recipe for disaster

Yeah, the way she was able to just teleport and get her brother without anyone noticing was a definite oversight in security, especially when she actually showed the ability to teleport anywhere previously in that board room when Waller was making the pitch for the Squad.

Just got home from watching this. Glad my ticket only cost $6.29. Best and most entertaining parts of the movie were from Margot bae. The choice of villains had me scratching my head. They were like some lord of the rings / world of warcraft type bad guys. I wanted more Katana. I liked The Enchantress character but not the way she was used.

SMFH this was the scene I was most looking forward to...had me thinking Joker was the main villain and this was his last ploy before he inevitablygot away.... :smh: :smh: :smh:

Just got home from watching this. Glad my ticket only cost $6.29. Best and most entertaining parts of the movie were from Margot bae. The choice of villains had me scratching my head. They were like some lord of the rings / world of warcraft type bad guys. I wanted more Katana. I liked The Enchantress character but not the way she was used.

This is a good point

I enjoyed Clara as Enchantress and I liked the effects when she was in dirty mode (not Harlem shake mode). I feel like she should have been part of the team and not the villain

Last edited:
How are some many people on NT still not using the /8 scale?!

why do we need a damn scale? you either like it or dont like it

the scale **** is dumb because you have guys in here rating it 5 out of 10 or 4 out of 8 and calling it terrible

if its terrible they should be giving it 1's or 2's

also how does an awful movie like transformers make a billion worldwide and have 3 sequels planned when it was a bad movie

Last edited:
Don't be mad at the weeknd because this movie sucked pleighboy

i havent seen the movie yet

i have however heard that garbage the weeknd is trying to pass off as rnb

so yea playboy is the movie as trash as the weeknds music?

joker wearing all those accessories and jewelry was a little weird at first. He was dressing like some kind of guido or Miami crime boss with the open shirts or no shirt look going on.

joker wearing all those accessories and jewelry was a little weird at first. He was dressing like some kind of guido or Miami crime boss with the open shirts or no shirt look going on.

I think that was part of the joke. Joker used to dress as a stereotypical 20th century crime boss and this is the new ****.

Yall read some Bat stories from the 80s. Joker was very much gangsta and bout his business

Last edited:
You guys are strange.

This obsession with rating scales is bizzare. :lol:

and a movie critics job is to tell you how much money a movie is going to make? wut?

2.75/8

My main gripe was the storyline. Introducing so many characters is obviously a difficult task, but most of the intros fell short. It was also very jumpy when it came to a few of the intros as well as with character development, which I'll discuss later. The plot and major villain arose from using the Enchantress. So had the Suicide Squad not been called into formation in the first place due to the fear that the next superhero would be a supervillain, none of this would have even happened. There were way too many feel-good comradery moments forced into the storyline where one of the members would desert under threat of death only to reunite with the squad a few minutes later and be welcomed back with open arms. Slipknot was killed when he tried to desert with Captain Boomerang and was killed, but Captain Boomerang didn't die? Why wasn't Harley killed after her rendezvous with the Joker (which resulted in SEALs being killed and nearly some Suicide Squad members too) failed? How did Waller survive? For a movie that focused so much attention on the bonding of unlikely supervillains, why was El Diablo dying an afterthought? The plotholes were endless.

Enchantress didn't flip because she was on the SS. She flipped because the witch inside of her was on some rule the world ish from the gate. That's why she had been locked in that statue for thousands of years. She was once worshipped and that's explained in the movie clearly. Waller found her that way but knew if she had the heart she could keep her in check.

Boomerang hyped Slipknot up to see if the bomb thing was true and stayed put after homie's head exploded.

Harley wasn't killed because Joker got tech to deactivate the bomb from the scientist he tortured.

Waller wasn't dead at any point she was connected to Enchantress mentally at one point for info. Once Enchantress died Waller was free.

In the comics El Diablo is possessed by a demon, which he revealed in the end. I doubt he's actually dead.

Last edited:
I think that was part of the joke. Joker used to dress as a stereotypical 20th century crime boss and this is the new ****.

Yall read some Bat stories from the 80s. Joker was very much gangsta and bout his business

i really don't remember any portrayal of the joker in comics or animation that lines up with what heath ledger did. It was an awesome take on the character and will probably be the lasting image of the joker in cinema forever, but joker as a psycho killer gang leader is more true to the source material.

The actions scenes outside of Deadshot going ape **** were laughable ..one thing that Snyder can do is action and this is in total contrast to the bar set with MOS and BVS

Another reason why I don't think it's easy to identify this as being in the same universe as those 2 films

if there is one person who could pull off a live action DBZ movie it would be snyder lol (at least american director)

2.75/8

My main gripe was the storyline. Introducing so many characters is obviously a difficult task, but most of the intros fell short. It was also very jumpy when it came to a few of the intros as well as with character development, which I'll discuss later. The plot and major villain arose from using the Enchantress. So had the Suicide Squad not been called into formation in the first place due to the fear that the next superhero would be a supervillain, none of this would have even happened. There were way too many feel-good comradery moments forced into the storyline where one of the members would desert under threat of death only to reunite with the squad a few minutes later and be welcomed back with open arms. Slipknot was killed when he tried to desert with Captain Boomerang and was killed, but Captain Boomerang didn't die? Why wasn't Harley killed after her rendezvous with the Joker (which resulted in SEALs being killed and nearly some Suicide Squad members too) failed? How did Waller survive? For a movie that focused so much attention on the bonding of unlikely supervillains, why was El Diablo dying an afterthought? The plotholes were endless.

Enchantress didn't flip because she was on the SS. She flipped because the witch inside of her was on some rule the world ish from the gate. That's why she had been locked in that statue for thousands of years. She was once worshipped and that's explained in the movie clearly. Waller found her that way but knew if she had the heart she could keep her in check.

Boomerang hyped Slipknot up to see if the bomb thing was true and stayed put after homie's head exploded.

Harley wasn't killed because Joker got tech to deactivate the bomb from the scientist he tortured.

Waller wasn't dead at any point she was connected to Enchantress mentally at one point for info. Once Enchantress died Waller was free.

In the comics El Diablo is possessed by a demon, which he revealed in the end. I doubt he's actually dead.

[emoji]128176[/emoji]

How are some many people on NT still not using the /8 scale?!

why do we need a damn scale? you either like it or dont like it

the scale **** is dumb because you have guys in here rating it 5 out of 10 or 4 out of 8 and calling it terrible

if its terrible they should be giving it 1's or 2's

also how does an awful movie like transformers make a billion worldwide and have 3 sequels planned when it was a bad movie
How do you not understand a grading scale?

That's like saying I did bad on a test and you expecting the person to have got a 20% when in fact they got a 55% which is still failing.

As for the last part, ppl - the general audience - like bad movies all of the time. There are other factors at play. Do you know how many children who have to have their parents along go to see something like Transformers and TMNT?

You're thinking of this more from a 18 and over mindset and that's being generous cuz it's not like the majority of ppl have great taste at that age.

If we're playing this as you either like a movie or not with no gray area, probably gonna be way more movies you're confused on why ppl are ******** on it.
The actions scenes outside of Deadshot going ape **** were laughable ..one thing that Snyder can do is action and this is in total contrast to the bar set with MOS and BVS

Another reason why I don't think it's easy to identify this as being in the same universe as those 2 films

if there is one person who could pull off a live action DBZ movie it would be snyder lol (at least american director)
I don't remember there being a lot of slow-mo in DBZ. Quite the opposite.

No rape either.

I'd prefer Gareth Evans direct if we're talking about a serious remake faithful to source material.

Last edited:
Watched the movie a couple nights ago, I thought it was just ok, not terrible but not great.  Surprisingly, my girl "really liked" it, but she hated BvS.  I don't think she was ever on board with the idea of Batman being able to fight Superman, and she hated the Martha moment as soon as it happened.

I would've personally loved to have seen the squad have to go after someone like Deathstroke bc he got his hands on classified info or something, and he was considered too small a threat for JL or Waller didn't want Batman to see etc

Pretty much agree with a lot of whats being said in here (killer croc being terrible, "family", enchantress, etc).  One question tho, why was everyone in the bar so sad?  Deadshot saying, "we gave it our best, almost did it...." before knowing the extent of what they were fighting kinda put me off (I know they found the folder with the Enchantress stuff, but they havent faced her physically and just plowed through her army fairly easily.)

The one thing that bums me out though, when I was a kid i used to love seeing the joker and lex team up against supes/bats in the cartoons...thinking about Leto's Joker and Eisenberg's Luthor teaming up...
ohwell.gif

:lol: @ the Enchantress harlem shake comment, I totally saw that and snickered.

I enjoyed the movie though, it was a lot of fun. I went in with very high expectations too, given how awesome all of the trailers were, and still enjoyed the movie. Were there scenes out of place and rushed? Yes, but what do you expect when you're introducing all these new characters? Hell, I thought they did a better job than BvS and that was only a handful of new characters.

Margot was definitely great as Harley, and the relationship between Joker and her was very cool to see. Looking forward to sequel :D

Back
Top Bottom