DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

5281ed5f_63ltcsl.gif

How do you not understand a grading scale?

That's like saying I did bad on a test and you expecting the person to have got a 20% when in fact they got a 55% which is still failing.

a movie is not a test dude.
I made a comparison :lol:

Movies aren't something you can approach as black or white either dude.

You must not be able to compute all of these ppl saying the movie wasn't good or terrible.

Grade movies all you want.

I don't understand why it matters if you go out of 5, 8, 10 or 100.

who cares? :lol:
The scale out of 8 is perfect though.

Also.

Criticism at it's highest form is not to tell you WHAT to think about art but to tell you HOW to think about a work of art.
Repped.

Scale out of 8 does similar though :lol:

Last edited:
This movie suffered from poor editing, pacing, and horrible villains. Aside from those points Will did his thing, Margot too and Jared.

When can we finally experience a great villain like Heath's Joker, Tom's Loki, or Fassbender's Magneto . Most of these cbm suffer from the same issue when it comes to the villains being misused and wasted.

I think it was posted in here or a vid saying DC has managed to catch up to the MCU with lame forgettable to awful villains :lol:

Last edited:
When can we finally experience a great villain like Heath's Joker, Tom's Loki, or Fassbender's Magneto . Most of these cbm suffer from the same issue when it comes to the villains being misused and wasted.

Considering what has been done with the fassbender in the 3 xmen films he has been in, wouldn't he fall in the misused or wasted category too?

We haven't really gotten a film with fassbender's magneto as the primary antagonist to the xmen or of the film

This movie suffered from poor editing, pacing, and horrible villains. Aside from those points Will did his thing, Margot too and Jared.

Can't have the villains overshadow the heroes and their character development, fam.

Fassbender was wasted in those 3 movies.

Man, Hiddleston was amazing as Loki.

Can't have the villains overshadow the heroes and their character development, fam.

Darth Vader

I was never crazy about MCU Loki. I have no problem with the actor but the MCU thus far has **** all over Loki and the true menace he represents. Nor have they bothered to explore the full scope of his powers, which are rather impressive as far as comic villains go

In Thor 1 he was a beta with bootleg *** ice powers and basic illusions

In Avengers he spent the whole movie taking Ls and having shade thrown on him

In Dark World he was kind of cool but that movie sucked.

He's also way too physical/warrior-like and Marvel all of a sudden has a hard on for giving him a staff even though that was never the case in 50 years of continuity.

I don't expect Ragnarok to give me epic sorcerer god Loki since they're introducing so many other characters. :smh:

Last edited:

The only things memorable about those movies are Magneto and Charles.

Enchantress didn't flip because she was on the SS. She flipped because the witch inside of her was on some rule the world ish from the gate. That's why she had been locked in that statue for thousands of years. She was once worshipped and that's explained in the movie clearly. Waller found her that way but knew if she had the heart she could keep her in check.

Boomerang hyped Slipknot up to see if the bomb thing was true and stayed put after homie's head exploded.

Harley wasn't killed because Joker got tech to deactivate the bomb from the scientist he tortured.

Waller wasn't dead at any point she was connected to Enchantress mentally at one point for info. Once Enchantress died Waller was free.

In the comics El Diablo is possessed by a demon, which he revealed in the end. I doubt he's actually dead.
Yeah @Jays25  explained that and I agree with what you guys said.

Boomerang stayed put, but my point is why didn't they kill him since he attempted to desert? Maybe he was a little more discrete about it I guess.

I didn't mean by bomb specifically. Waller had Deadshot shoot to kill her after her bomb was disabled (obviously he intentionally missed), but when they exited the building and she met them outside no one had any intention of killing her anymore.

Was the movie clear that she was only going to be connected for intel? I thought she was about to die, I may have missed this happening.

I agree, I doubt he's actually dead, but the rest of the squad couldn't have known this and they acted like nothing happened.

Last edited:
Was it ever explained why Boomerang seemingly ditched the group at the bar, then joined them outside when they were walking on the street?

Or did he just wait outside for them?

Was it ever explained why Boomerang seemingly ditched the group at the bar, then joined them outside when they were walking on the street?

Or did he just wait outside for them?

Yeah that seemed weird. I do think him and everyone else realized if they don't stop Enchantress then the world won't be in good shape with her in charge.

Back
Top Bottom