DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

spend your movie ticket money on netflix and watch

batman-the-dark-knight-returns-part-1.jpg

instead 

Originally Posted by KingdomFlatbush  

One thing Snyder is a master of at least is capturing the graphic novel feel...certain scenes were ripped straight from the pages of TDKR and translated so fluidly to film 
smokin.gif
Couldn't disagree with this more, comics are comics and movies are movie, just becuase it works on the page doesn't mean it works on film.

The action sequences felt disjointed and confusing imo.
Those scenes of Supes catching the kryptonite smoke, getting frail after the nuke and even the coffin were 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
 Loved those parts of the movie. Plenty more, but those stood out the most obviously.

snider tries too hard to make comic book pages come to life

he makes sure to create great 1-2 second basically still shots where he will use slomo to pause for the audience to admire what they are seeing but what happens inbetween these moments is very poorly edited and the pacing is awful. 

I would love to see all the amazing gifs that come out of this movie but I really don't care to watch most of the action again 

snider tries too hard to make comic book pages come to life

he makes sure to create great 1-2 second basically still shots where he will use slomo to pause for the audience to admire what they are seeing but what happens inbetween these moments is very poorly edited and the pacing is awful. 

I would love to see all the amazing gifs that come out of this movie but I really don't care to watch most of the action again 

yup its basically random incoherent choas untill an eve4ntualy 1-2 second money shot then back to chaos.

I think he's a totally overrated action director. Only 300 is good.

yup its basically random incoherent choas untill an eve4ntualy 1-2 second money shot then back to chaos.

I think he's a totally overrated action director. Only 300 is good.

Ive never seen 300 or watchmen

Only seen that movie with the girls in a prison or something? That movie was terrible

I thought man of steel was cool tho

I enjoyed sucker punch better than BvS. Trash movie but it was shorter, better eye candy and it was easier to just 'turn your brain off' and enjoy the visuals.

the batman vs thugs fighting was pretty good, felt kind of like a video game but I enjoyed it

the problem with superman action is that the pause for money shot while not action is happening is always so much longer than the action because its superman and he can do anything instantly. so it just becomes a terrible mess of way too slow and way too fast. 

same with wonder woman, there is hardly any focus on how she attacks and the hits landing because she is a god and moves super fast. 

like its funny and amusing to see superman push batman away like he's a dandelion, but it's not good action

when you weaken superman down to batman's level, he's not a skilled fighter so it's not good action either

One thing Snyder is a master of at least is capturing the graphic novel feel...certain scenes were ripped straight from the pages of TDKR and translated so fluidly to film :smokin

Those scenes of Supes catching the kryptonite smoke, getting frail after the nuke and even the coffin were :wow: :pimp:  Loved those parts of the movie. Plenty more, but those stood out the most obviously.

I agree with both posts..the part in the spoiler is directly from the comics...

And it looked natural on the screen...

I thought it was a cool way to show respect...

one part that got me like :wow: during the actual BvS fight was when Batman had Supes against the wall and was landing headshots to Supes chin, and as the kryptonite starts to wear off, Supes jaw becomes immovable. Batman stops punching and is like "welp" :lol:

That was a dope moment. There are a lot of dope moments scattered throughout the movie

They filmed Cyborg's origin? This movie is mad bloated :lol:

They didn't, I think he just assumes it will be because he was originally a football player and that's how they did it in JL: War.

I think it just got cut but I doubt he lost all his limbs and had to be turned bionic because he got tackled a bit too hard :lol:
they literally showed dude with half a body turning into cyborg for the first time :lol:

Dude was playing ball with African lions.

one part that got me like
eek.gif
during the actual BvS fight was when Batman had Supes against the wall and was landing headshots to Supes chin, and as the kryptonite starts to wear off, Supes jaw becomes immovable. Batman stops punching and is like "welp"
laugh.gif

That was a dope moment. There are a lot of dope moments scattered throughout the movie
and in between those dope/amazing moments you are left wondering "why the hell am i in this scene right now?"

Just saw it. Not bad. Kinda boring. Some thoughts

- I actually came away liking Superman more tha. I did in MoS

- Jesse eisenberg plays the same character( quirks and delivery) but I still like him.

- Wonder Woman didn't really do anything for me. She wasn't bad but I didn't really care

- what was up with the random bath tub scene in the beginning of the movie

- I didn't mind BFaffleck, but I don't know if I'm interested in the world of Batnan that Snyder started. Maybe after seeing suicide squad I'll be more interested in Gotham

- I'm not a fan of Smyders directing style. Like it just feels like he draws everything out longer than it should be. I mean I just saw a 2.5 hour movie that felt like nothing really that interesting happened

- the Doomsday thing was kinda dumb in the sense that why. If Batman or supes killed the other, there wouldn't be any need for it. It seemed half thought out as a way to
kills supes
. But then again that's the only thing doomsday actually does

- why didn't superman notice the bomb? He says that he wasn't focused on it but I mean he hears other stuff by accident. Why not that

Dope characters awful movie thank you Ben Affleck for rewriting all the Batman stuff I ask for your forgiveness.

Snyder sucks period.

I really cant think of any reasons to be too excited to see more of the character of WW other than her looks 

Also the Iron man Flash was dumb and out of place and. Nobody really knew what was going on with that scene. It was just so abrupt. Like he needed to shove it in to set up future films

Last edited:
why did lex kill wolverines asian girlfriend like that, she seemed like his #2 and he just offs her for no reason at all 

^ In the comics, Mercy Graves is his butler/bodygaurd, she a cyborg with weapons :lol:.

Don't know what they tried to do with her in this flick...

Also, 300 was just cool to me, my favorite Snyder film is the Dawn of the Dead remake, actually.

Back
Top Bottom