DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Falls in line with their rush to do this **** which is why I assume some would believe it.

Went from MoS to BvS to **** it lets do JL, but lets do SS and get WW out first just in case.

Even more so after SS made some change and now they're seriously going ahead with Gotham City Sirens :lol Add in the delays for other flicks and Batgirl I can totally see how they'd try to release 4 movies in one year.

I think right now though, they're going by box office before green lighting **** for sure.

Last edited:
Old batman.. jumping to the dark knight returns in the 2nd movie.. death of superman in the 2nd movie.. doomsday in the 2nd movie.. hell everything with lex in the only movie he's in out of the 4

Wonder Woman will cross $300m this weekend and it'll have a decent chance of getting to 400m by the end of its run.

Remember when it was only tracking for a 65m opening? Lmaoo

Last edited:
And the total would be...

Went and looked it up, 591 currently

Last edited:
This rumor reminds me of the one where they said DC's going to put out 4 Batfamily films next year. Then Geoff Johns and John Berg decided to joke with it and said why not 10, then 27. :lol

They're giving him the reins and creative control, probably more so than what Marvel gave him.

No such thing as loyalty in Hollywood.

How is this a "loyalty" thing lol

If your premise is correct ("the reins and more creative control"), are you saying you would stay at one company and turn down a more lucrative, rewarding, and fulfilling opportunity over "loyalty"? :lol

Last edited:
This is kind of cool. Could he still be alive through the years like Diana?

Wonder Woman Actor Says Chief Is Actually a Demi-God

Wonder Woman isn’t the only deity anymore. Eugene Brave Rock, who plays Chief in DC’s blockbuster film Wonder Woman, looks to have confirmed one of the movie’s big secrets: Chief is a demi-god.

Indian Country Today previously reported a little-known detail about Wonder Woman’s first encounter with Chief, one of the men recruited by Steve Trevor to help Wonder Woman on her mission. The two of them first addressed each other in the Blackfoot language, a native language of the Americas spoken by about 8,000 people in northern Montana and southern Alberta, Canada. It was the only language that wasn’t subtitled in the film, which makes this next part kind of amazing. During their chat, Chief introduced himself as Napi, a Blackfoot demi-god.

Napi, known as Old Man, is the culture hero of the Blackfoot tribe. He was the first man made by the Creator, and he helped shape the world and its people, along with his wife, Kipitaki. As Moviepilot pointed out, Napi’s origin story is unique in the creation mythos. Rather than being benevolent or kind, Napi is a troublesome trickster, showing how the natural world cannot be controlled.

This could’ve easily been an inside joke for the audience, but Brave Rock told io9 on Twitter that Chief is, in fact, Napi. And even though director Patty Jenkins gave Brave Rock a lot of creative freedom with the character, Chief’s introduction wasn’t improvised. Brave Rock said his reveal as Napi was a bonafide part of the script. It makes sense when you consider that Chief is the first person Diana shakes hands with, even though she’s presented with the opportunity several times beforehand with other people.

This doesn’t necessarily mean Napi will be a larger part of the DCEU in the future (although that would be pretty awesome), but it’s exciting to see another side of Chief and his place in Wonder Woman’s world.

Source: http://io9.gizmodo.com/wonder-woman-actor-says-chief-is-actually-a-demi-god-1796389983

Last edited:
Whaaat. That would be neat if they incorporated him into the WW mythos.

The Blackfoot people who saw WW must have thought that was pretty cool.

Last edited:
Wan is loyal -- hiring the actors he's worked with in the past

kind of like nolan.
I see this keep being brought up. Its not new. Its like you guys just found out about it.

Plenty of prominent directors continually work with the same group of actors.

Not out of loyalty but simply because those actors are good at what they donand they've formed a strong bond that the director simply always has them in mind for the next picture.

Gunn just got finished talking about having Roker in all his movies. Cooler and MBJ. Spielberg, Scorsese, Hitchcock, etc.

Only if you got a strong case for better actors not getting roles which I don't think is the case at all when we're talking about good directors and good actors.

Hollywood does have its huge issues and struggles with minority represenstation, pushing the same type of white stock actor on the public, discriminating against women based on age, and bringing in younger female actors cuz you know why.

I don't think its cronyism that Marty stuck with De Niro for a bunch of movies then went with DiCaprio for a bunch. That's just greatness teaming up.

Last edited:
guy ritchie and matthew vaughn are another example of two directors who like to use the same actors

good to see bullet tooth tony in the new kingsman movie

Back
Top Bottom