DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Luther aint got no prolem with Marvel. Those were rumors.

Is there even going to be a GL film? I thought it was going to be a team up with non tv Flash. If that's the case, they could go with an unknown, or Bryan Cranston.
GL film set for 2020 but who knows if it happens just like that Cyborg film they announced :lol:

No more team up film with the Flash, he's going solo.

This is all assuming everything goes well with their movies and they aren't forced to reboot after 2016.

Yah Weaving was complaining about the depth of his voice acting Megatron. :lol:

I am no Michael Bay fan but his response did make sense.

Do you ever get sick of actors that make $15 million a picture, or even $200,000 for voiceover work that took a brisk one hour and 43 minutes to complete, and then complain about their jobs?

$200k for two hour voiceover work? I'd shut up and take the bag of cash and do it for as many times Bay wants to butcher Tranformers! :lol:

Marvel is losing millions by letting elba go? You believe that?

My example is obviously a general example, you were going off on a tangent with Fox and Marsden. Elba will likely not be missed and can be easily replaced but if you can screw with the competition because you know they can sell Elba as GL then why not? A movie that they might go head to head in the future?

Like I said this is isn't the norm like you point it out to be because the scenarios are somewhat new and unique to these studio franchises that actually compete within the genre. It has become Marvel vs DC for the most part and DC is down right now so if Marvel can keep them down but restricting an actor perfect for the GL role, then I see no reason why not? They can simply screw up his scheduling and have Elba sit in the deserted island pretending to film Heimdall stuck there for months just to screw with DC if they wanted to. :lol:

You are transitioning your argument all over the place though, contractually Idris is stuck with Marvel until they let him go or finishes his obligations so he can't be GL (if wanted to or if he was offered), that is the point.

Last edited:
A studio like Fox probably does their contracts one picture at a time because they don't think that far ahead

Or they probably thought, let's let Marsden go. Who gives a **** about continuity anyway... Also, another likely scenario

Luther is happy with Marvel. DC can't have him until they kill him in Thor III. Simple.

Tyrese would be garbage for the role dont een care. Assuming they go with his DCAU portrayal which I am told is nothing like him

Are they even going with John Stewart for GL? I still think they should of got Boseman before Marvel snatched him, but Marvel was on their A game.

If Idris would get a role like GL then he'd be up in a harness again and wear a costume. Just stuff you gotta deal with in this genre of movies. Seemed like he was just having a bad week when he got back.

Last edited:
If Idris would get a role like GL then he'd be up in a harness again and wear a costume. Just stuff you gotta deal with in this genre of movies. Seemed like he was just having a bad week when he got back.
Like I said he cleared this clickbait nonsense up

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=112163

He wasnt saying "I hate my job it's torture", he was saying "compared to playing mandela jumping around in harnesses is torture trolololololol"

[quote = Idris Elba]"I don’t know where people got that, man," responded Idris Elba. "I was quite specifically talking about the comparison between playing Heimdall on one day, and playing Mandela on the next. That’s sloppy journalism, or just really bad misquoting. I have a great relationship with the Marvel team, and the character of Heimdall. People are really running with this thing like, 'Oh my God, he doesn’t want to be with Marvel anymore.' People thinking that comparing those roles means I don’t want to be with Marvel, well, that’s crazy."[/quote]

Last edited:
Yea bevause there was no chance at all that marvel made him clean this mess up lol

If you want i got directions to a tree that grows gold

Yup and Im sure no one has ever published false info before. The media has been 100% accurate since the dawn of time

Swinging off harnesses for DC would be a lot less torturous than doing it for Marvel.

Last edited:
:rofl:

How can YA hate this man....I'm in tears at just the thought of it...dude gotta be the most effortlessly funny actor in Hollywood :lol:

We didn't think that we'd see anything from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice during tonight's Super Bowl, but the following page has appeared on iSpot.tv (via @antovolk). Sure, it could be a placeholder in anticipation of a TV spot for the movie being released tonight, but this IS a reliable site for these types of things, so it's likely that they know it's coming (hence why they have a 30 second running time). We'll find out soon either way!

View media item 1380761

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom