DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

This doesnt look like a straight up adaption of the comic.

Looks like what happened after the events of the comic. Which would be cool in its own right given Rorshach's books ends up going to some news reporters I think or it was found by that kid

No way Rorschach condones a bunch of lames taking his likeness and forming some group.
Trailer looks good. Show cant suck, its on hbo
Low-key HBO cancels shows that suck with the quickness and ppl rarely recall them :lol:

What did people not like about the movie?
The piss poor acting performances.

The lack of creativty on the director's part. Snyder is style over substance so he thinks he can get away with just copying the comic panel for panel and throwing it on the big screen like it will hide his faults.

Also the pacing was off. At no point did it feel like a mystery of who killed the Comedian nor did it really capture Manhattan's ascent to deity status.

I was very disappointed with the movie.

Last edited:
its original content and is set after the novels event

jeremy irons plays an old ozymandias so you can kind of gather how long after dr manhattan was blamed for the event

i posted tis last year but its worth a read, an open letter from lindelof in regards to adapting the novel

its original content and is set after the novels event

jeremy irons plays an old ozymandias so you can kind of gather how long after dr manhattan was blamed for the event

i posted tis last year but its worth a read, an open letter from lindelof in regards to adapting the novel

In the comic, Dr. Manhattan is not blamed for the event. Ozymandais isn't stupid. He scapegoats aliens which he created by mutating a bunch of humans I think. Then it explodes in Times Square and kills thousands after being teleported there.

3414192-1157801199-watch.jpg

What he does to distract Dr. Manhattan is give ppl that worked with him and past lovers cancer to make him think he is the cause. It works for the most part.

Snyder opted to tie Manhattan in to the plot more by having Ozy frame Manhattan. Meh.

:rofl: I can give props to Lindelof for aping Dr. Manhattan's inner thought narration style.

Still ain't reading all that.

Last edited:
It had its moments but for me, its moments were purely visual. And by visual, I mean the shots he lifted directly from the graphic novel.

Variety says that Pattinson would be the youngest actor to play Batman on-screen, but Christian Bale was 30 when Batman Begins was filmed and 31 when it was released.

Pattinson will be 35 when The Batman is finally released.

Dudes are gonna complain because they've only seen or heard of him in Twilight but Pattinson is a good *** actor and has done some quality performances in some quality films.

Back
Top Bottom