DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

conversation is about best actor performance though, doesnt even matter if its the true joker from the comics, if its a great performance and better than the other actors nominated then he should win

halle berrys oscars movie, i only watch for that scene and nothing else which reminds me i need a recap...

im just qualifying my answer.. I think his acting was great and movie was good.. just think of it more as that rather than a joker movie and it’s better to me when I don’t specifically look at it as the character

hell, I think it’s better as the inspiration to the guy who eventually becomes the real joker

but as far as just the acting, it’s hard for me since this and once upon a time were the only performances I saw and I loved once upon a time

tried watching marriage story, but that shh felt weak as hell

Joaquin was top of the line. Only difference was heath was on screen as the joker longer. From the dancing on the stairs all the way to standing on top of the police car I would put that up against any joker

Yea.. nah

heath’s joker felt legit menacing..

While Phoenix’s joker felt like it could be the trigger for those who were feed up and could lead to a bigger situation.. he just didn’t feel like someone who by himself or without certain circumstances could be that much of a problem

like falling down would be a good example to the isolated threat of this version of the joker

theyre changing the bop title to harley quinn: birds of prey to get more audience in :lol:

do what you got to do i guess

1581388475321.jpeg

1581388533026.jpeg

Yeah we’ll agree to disagree. Not everybody sees the same opinion. If all jokers were the same then that’s not the joker. To me Joaquin is right up there. If he had more screen time as the joker then I could see me putting him ahead of Heath.

theyre changing the bop title to harley quinn: birds of prey to get more audience in :lol:

1581388475321.jpeg

1581388533026.jpeg
They failed so hard with execution of that.

A Harley Quinn title would've been enough and probably better establish it as a franchise. Wasted Birds of Prey for no reason.

How do none of the executives just say lets do a female Deadpool?

Yeah we’ll agree to disagree. Not everybody sees the same opinion. If all jokers were the same then that’s not the joker. To me Joaquin is right up there. If he had more screen time as the joker then I could see me putting him ahead of Heath.

it makes sense why this joker gets beat up by kids in the beginning

it’s not a great take on the character, in my view.. but it is a good take on a guy with mental problems and dealing with some shh

you dont need a Batman to deal with this.. if anything it’d make for a good intro into commissioner Gordon

The more I think about it, I'm agreeing that this got Joker slapped on as the title.

The character wasn't the Joker, even after "becoming" the Joker that's questionable. Way too watered down and softened up in areas.

They failed so hard with execution of that.

A Harley Quinn title would've been enough and probably better establish it as a franchise. Wasted Birds of Prey for no reason.

How do none of the executives just say lets do a female Deadpool?

dudes really just take away the wrong things from movies that succeed

like I knew the R rating was going be the biggest thing a way to decent amount of movie execs would take away from deadpool

just like the build up with the MCU, they just took away the team ups.. and not the build up to things and the ability to course correct along the way to end up where they did

I still need to watch, but the marketing was so off for this in a number of reasons.. and while I’m glad they used black mask, felt like other aspect of Batman’s rogues gallery.. like poison ivy shoulda been a lock for this while also introducing a ton of Batman villains to sorta establish the world the established Batman would walk into.. and you can not have a joker while sorta establishing what that joker is perceived as within that world by others

The more I think about it, I'm agreeing that this got Joker slapped on as the title.

The character wasn't the Joker, even after "becoming" the Joker that's questionable. Way too watered down and softened up in areas.

De Niro being in the movie is way too much on the nose of what this really is more than a joker movie

Basically Travis Bickle x Rupert pupkin

1581388475321.jpeg

1581388533026.jpeg
Can’t say I’ve ever seen a title change like that after release. Curious to see if this does anything for the monetarily over the next week or two - but no doubt this is what it should have been called from the jump

been saying this aint a Joker. :lol:
As mentioned. Great performance. Understood. No disagreeing from me.
but I can’t imagine this dude literally telling my guy “can you introduce me as joker”?
And then actually being a baby about being accepted to society. Getting happy because he is getting cheered being on top of a car?

I just hope it isn’t the foundation DC tries to build a world from
You're just wasting keystrokes at this point. That ship has SAILED.....

WB is going to do whatever they want to do. I can choose to ignore everything they put out from their DC division and you can too. Just be satisfied with the MCU. Can't have everything.

Last edited:
Nah its a worthy comic book movie. I would put it above Shazam. I enjoyed. My fiancé enjoyed it after the first 20mins. She loved the huntress. Can’t please all

Back
Top Bottom