DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Yep. HBO needs a franchise for competition purposes. Because if it weren't for HBO Max there would be no Snyder cut.
While I'm not a fan of Snyder my only thing is I don't know if a director of his caliber would relegate himself to making movies for a streaming service.

Especially a director with his style which is made for the big screen. I mean he wouldn't even release this cut in the normal 16:9 ratio or w/e just in case this ends up on imax one day.

The attitude and trend is changing with more prominent directors going to streaming but that's mostly cuz of the pandemic right now. Like I know Snyder back in to his zombie movies for Netflix but if asked I'm sure he'd rather have it release in theaters if it could.

Darkseid easily. Thanos has no counter for Darkseid's omega beams. And an older, wiser, and stronger DS washes Grimace.
He got beat with a regular ax to the neck. What are you talking about? Thor’s ax was some magical mind destroying weapon too if you want to argue that point :lol:

i dont think snyder need to humble himself to make content for hbo max, streaming service is the epicenter of entertainment world

i mean if scorsese are doing netflix films/series, why would any other director feel "humbled" to do the same?
Scorsese only went to Netflix cuz no studio was gonna support his 6 hour movie. Theaters only supported it for one day.

Also Marty old as ****. Respected but not really a leader. I mean James Cameron isn't with none of this streaming **** either. Marty's not really who other popular in demand directors would look towards to on an issue like this.

The whole humble yourselves comes from the Christopher Nolan school of thought. He sees it as a betrayal of the art. He hates what's going on right now. He basically negotiated that WB doesn't put Tenet on HBO Max. There are a bunch of other directors who feel this way and won't work with a streaming service when it comes to making movies

Lol the only action we saw of Darkseid was him getting washed with the quickness.
When I think about it this was an all around poor showing for Darkseid that makes him look bad when he was young.

This older version sends others to do his work and is busy looking for a macguffin to basically mind control everybody so he don't have to fight. Meanwhile young Thanos was about those hands and successful Thanos washed everyone in his way to get his macguffin.

i dont think snyder need to humble himself to make content for hbo max, streaming service is the epicenter of entertainment world

i mean if scorsese are doing netflix films/series, why would any other director feel "humbled" to do the same?

ATT/ HBO Max need to show the $$$, though. Netflix is getting A-lst directors because they pay for them.

He got beat with a regular ax to the neck. What are you talking about? Thor’s ax was some magical mind destroying weapon too if you want to argue that point :lol:

Well, the axe that f'd up young Darkseid was also wielded by a god (Ares). It's not like it was just some dude. I think that was the point of that whole backstory - it took all of humanity PLUS the gods to stop Darkseid's army, and dude just wasn't expecting/ready for that level of resistance. After 2000 years to regroup, he'd be a tough beat. New God and all.

And Thanos without the infinity stones is kinda meh. Plus, Darkseid's the OG.

ATT/ HBO Max need to show the $$$, though. Netflix is getting A-lst directors because they pay for them.

Well, the axe that f'd up young Darkseid was also wielded by a god (Ares). It's not like it was just some dude. I think that was the point of that whole backstory - it took all of humanity PLUS the gods to stop Darkseid's army, and dude just wasn't expecting/ready for that level of resistance. After 2000 years to regroup, he'd be a tough beat. New God and all.

And Thanos without the infinity stones is kinda meh. Plus, Darkseid's the OG.
What? Normal thanos took out full powered iron man, cap with the hammer, and powered up Thor with both hammer...... by himself. Had the opportunity to kill every single one of them. Throw in a fight with hulk which was a complete washing. DS wasn’t beat by all of humanity, just a couple up front :lol:

Darkseid vs Thanos?
8E1C6E4E-30BA-4198-BBDB-5459E54E88FA.png

Fully powered up I’m puttin all my money on the New God.

Welp,

• Flash was even more annoying in this than he was in the original, wasn't a fan of his demonstration scene either
  • I'm good with no more slow motion in any movie I ever see for a while
  • Epilogue was not necessary at all
  • Knightmare scene was not necessary at all
  • Still not a fan of this Joker
  • Didnt really see the point of an R rating
  • Feel the black suit for Superman was purely cosmetic, don't think Snyder even realized why its used
  • I was disappointed in how Darkseid was portrayed in this, never seen him look so vulnerable in my life
  • Cyborg learning his powers for the first time was cool, I could care less with everything else about him though
  • I preferred the way normal Superman was portrayed in the original as opposed to this one
  • What was the point of Martian Manhunter again, that Louis scene was odd as hell
  • I never saw the meat on Gal Gadot bones, must of not been paying attention

The action in here is a ******* a sight to behold, the added brutality was nice as well but I don't think an R rating was needed for it. Guess this will be it for me for a while, nothing thats scheduled really interests me like that aside from the new Batman I guess. About to go watch Justice League Unlimited to cleanse my pallet

Last edited:
Scorsese only went to Netflix cuz no studio was gonna support his 6 hour movie. Theaters only supported it for one day.

Also Marty old as ****. Respected but not really a leader. I mean James Cameron isn't with none of this streaming **** either. Marty's not really who other popular in demand directors would look towards to on an issue like this.

The whole humble yourselves comes from the Christopher Nolan school of thought. He sees it as a betrayal of the art. He hates what's going on right now. He basically negotiated that WB doesn't put Tenet on HBO Max. There are a bunch of other directors who feel this way and won't work with a streaming service when it comes to making movies

And they just announced that this is hitting HBO Max May 1st.

I'll check out Justice League on Monday morning. I've heard pretty good reviews so far.

And they just announced that this is hitting HBO Max May 1st.

I'll check out Justice League on Monday morning. I've heard pretty good reviews so far.
Lowkey happy Nolan lost that battle.

Still haven't seen Tenet.

Didn’t he have the power stone already? It was the space stone he was after
He had it but he didn't use it to beat up the Hulk.

Last edited:
Finally finished it.
Snyder doesn't do subtlety does he? Lol
Had its moments, gets a lil on the nose though.
And reshots get pretty obvious, like that Bruce/Martian Manhunter scene.
Ben looks worn out!
Came for the Omega Beams though, which the trailers showed/spoiled entirely....you'd expect him to laser everybody on that battlefield but NO!
Overall, glad the Snyders/fans got their movie.
C+.

Back
Top Bottom