DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Green Lantern: Trevante Rhodes Was Zack Snyder’s Choice For John Stewart (EXCLUSIVE)

Zack Snyder’s Justice League has been a major victory, but it has certainly come with a few sacrifices. For starters, Warner Bros. isn’t restoring the Snyderverse. But even before that, Snyder had to make a few compromises while completing his version of Justice League. He recently revealed that he had a John Stewart Green Lantern cameo in store for us. He even admitted to almost quitting the film because WB asked him to remove the scene. But ultimately, the director wanted fans to have what they had fought for. He made the compromise and added Martian Manhunter in the scene instead.

Yalan Gur and Kilowog weren’t the only Lanterns that we were supposed to get. But Snyder didn’t reveal the actor who was set to show up as John Stewart. Inside sources have revealed to FandomWire that Zack Snyder’s John Stewart was Trevante Rhodes.

Over the last few years, Rhodes has been playing significant supporting roles in films like The Predator, 12 Strong, and Bird Box. But his best performance was seen in the Oscar-Winning feature, Moonlight. Apparently, people did speculate him to be Justice League’s Green Lantern back in 2017. But, his reply to all that was “It’s all rumors, man, all rumors.” As it turns out, those rumors were true after all.

Brah!!! We were robbed of John Stewart!! :smh::smh::smh::smh:

I would've liked to see Trevante put on just not in a Snyder flick.

His name was buzzing for a sec there before Yahya and Mustafa Shakir got more notice.

Hopefully Marvel puts him in something.

tenor.gif

Brah this hurts so bad.
Every time I see this gif I can hear his cry :lol: :rofl:

That deep down from your soul cry.

Last edited:

we werent robbed of shh

snyder shouldnt have even been given MM to work with

AND we see how that played out

i don’t mind him covering stuff that was basically butchered already in the previous DCEU

but he shouldn’t have gotten anything new

even darkseid should have been limited, I’d argue given how he got beat in the first scene he was in.. The rest was cool, small cameo for granny goodness also works for me

but snyder has already proven he can’t be trusted

More like 2007
I remember so well cuz at first the Rock was Twitter campaigning to be Luke Cage :lol: Then he actually got some meetings with Marvel but in the end Feige had nothing for him. Really not enough black heroes and not many that fit The Rock. Went to DC, same thing but they eventually land on Black Adam.

The Rock made it seem like that movie was coming out in 2010. Had me thinking he was gonna fight Cavill's Superman :lol: After a while it became clear that movie wasn't being made any time soon.

Don't make a lot of sense to me cuz The Rock is gonna be 50 soon.

we werent robbed of shh

snyder shouldnt have even been given MM to work with

AND we see how that played out

i don’t mind him covering stuff that was basically butchered already in the previous DCEU

but he shouldn’t have gotten anything new

even darkseid should have been limited, I’d argue given how he got beat in the first scene he was in.. The rest was cool, small cameo for granny goodness also works for me

but snyder has already proven he can’t be trusted
Damn IATT!!! Where did Snyder hurt you? Sounds like you have a lot to get off your chest.

I liked and understood the Martha scene......
tenor.gif

batman is a genius detective

instead of exploring THAT

snyder decides to have Batman witness Superman save the world from a threat that clearly Batman could not deal with

sooo Batman a genius detective, like the rest of the world, just found out in a very real way what other threats are out there

and instead of investigating Superman and everything else he could learn about that event

Snyder decides that Batman is going to kill the 1 guy he saw that had something for THAT thing

and the only thing that stops he from killing that person was the coincidence that the woman who raised him on earth’s name is martha

and lex Luther for some reason hates Superman AND Batman.. and is able to find out who both of them are

batman who clearly has been doing things for a while and clearly 1 of his enemies has zero clue of that information lex decided to just get

also how does combining the DNA of a weaker species make something stronger?

no snyder movie is even remotely smart.. and like wayy too many white people in America, likes to reference jesus and/or god way too much

that dude therock, can't bring myself to take him seriously. nbs
He kinda hammy. Adam is virtually opposite of that....

Last edited:
They can announce whatever they want. If it’s still tied into this trash DCEU in any way it’s going to be trash. They had their sun on a dogs *** with WW 1 but haven’t hit since

he didnt use it, having it on your hand doesnt mean its activated, the stone has to be glowing for it to be activated and thats why later on in endgame they tried to stop him from closing hist fist so he couldnt use the gauntlet/stones

i felt so disappointed with hulk, but thanos came at him with form, speed and agility. thanos def was in the gym with Mayweather. hulk too used to throwing rocks, he forgot to learn the art of fisticuff. lost to a dude with a heavyweight belt.

looked like mcgreggor vs mayweather.

I thought the Anakin Skywalker role turned him off to tentpole movies on general. Didn't he almost force whip someone's *** at a convention years back? Atleast he not Hal Jordan who would have some expectations

Back
Top Bottom