DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I know he got supporters so it has to be them cuz I know he ain't saying some crazy **** like that.

:rofl: @ "consider"

He already said he's not gonna be a part of the movies as long as Hamada is involved. Cant back peddle to I need an apology now. Nobody at DC thinks they have anything to apologize about after the independent investigation.

Fam might as well go back to doing theater.

"There was a time when I thought The Suicide Squad should fight Superman," "At the time, there were a lot of questions like, 'Who is Superman in the DCEU? Is this movie outside the DCEU? I just didn't want to deal with it all that much."

:lol:

Damn so the train wreck that is the DCEU basically had him not want to deal with establishing a new Superman or if the movie was in the same continuity.

"There was a time when I thought The Suicide Squad should fight Superman," "At the time, there were a lot of questions like, 'Who is Superman in the DCEU? Is this movie outside the DCEU? I just didn't want to deal with it all that much."

:lol:

Damn so the train wreck that is the DCEU basically had him not want to deal with establishing a new Superman or if the movie was in the same continuity.

shame

I wouldn't even be mad Rian directed a DC movie.

Either its trash like most expect, ppl pretend it's good when its just mid, or its actually really good going back to his Looper days.

they need a man in charge with restraint, one big issue i found in snyder is he has no patience, he wants everything huge and mind blowing and thats why he got an older bats because he wanted to jump to tdk right off the bat with little to no thought to the future, every ending has to be a big bang

while marvel holds off a damn decade to say “avengers assemble” and thats what dc lacked and the big mistake of basing the universe on one mans vision that has no other vision, just dark and ominous

im watching titans s3 and they did it again, jump the gun, sir friendzoned looks like an 80yr old bats and barbara is already in a wheelchair, so much story skipped and passed over, just bad universe building overall even if its an alternate universe
Warner bros should give Nolan a huge budget to do whatever he wants with the dceu
thats the director we need

Warner bros should give Nolan a huge budget to do whatever he wants with the dceu
thats the director we need
And he will say no.

Nolan has made it clear he doesn't want to be a superhero movie director. Plus he screwed WB over when he let DC settle for Zack Snyder.

If he ever came back to superhero movies it'd probably be some indie ****.

Nolan’s writing hasn’t been great in awhile

like which ones been bad?

i admit i havent seen tenet, dunkirk was great though its a straightforward story but amazing cinematography, interstellars was still good (though some may argue its also great after the 87th viewing) and tdkr is the only one that was iffy but even that is well executed/written to most dc project

before those are tdk, inception, bb, memento and prestige… its not like he’s working on a bunch projects and pulled an m. night

i admit i havent seen tenet, dunkirk was great though its a straightforward story but amazing cinematography, interstellars was still good (though some may argue its also great after the 87th viewing) and tdkr is the only one that was iffy but even that is well executed/written to most dc project

before those are tdk, inception, bb, memento and prestige… its not like he’s working on a bunch projects and pulled an m. night

Oh I still really enjoy his films. But I think even inception has a ton of holes in it. They make exceptions to what the rules are supposed to be a lot during it

damn, am i the only one who saw lex luthor instead of joker?

1629741882045.png
1629742043047.png

The Batman: New Footage Description From CinemaCon

Today, Warner Bros. debuted a new look at the highly-anticipated movie, as part of the studio's presentation at CinemaCon 2021. While the footage has not been released to the public, ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis attended the event, and you can check out his description, including new quotes from star Robert Pattinson and director Matt Reeves, below.

"Bruce Wayne walks to ominous piano music. 'For some reason, Batman has always stood to as one of the major characters of the 20th century,' Pattinson says. We see him inn the cowl, removing it. He says it is 'radically different' from other Batman movies. Reeves says we haven’t seen anything 'grounding it the way Year One does.' It’s not an origin story, but it is Batman in his early days. Footage shows Batman beating up goons, set in red light. Explosions, police officers, and dark chaos. 'He’s really working out this rage,' Pattinson said. 'All the fights seem very personal.' He uses various weapons to beat down enemies. A shot shows Andy Serkis as Alfred. The Batmobile drives, with flames coming from its exhaust. 'We can’t wait for you to see The Batman in theaters, next year,' Reeves says."

The Batman
will see Pattinson bringing about an entirely new take on the character, with a cast that also includes Colin Farrell as The Penguin, Paul Dano as The Riddler, Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, John Turturro as Carmine Falcone, Peter Sarsgaard as Gil Colson, Jayme Lawson as Bella Real, Barry Keoghan as Officer Stanley Merkel, and Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth.

"It's just as important as any of the Rogues Gallery," Reeves said during DC FanDome. "It's sort of like the nature of what this place is, and the history of it is critically important to our story and one of the things that I really wanted to do because it is the center of the story - especially the history of corruption in the city. [That] was I wanted to present it in a way that was really fleshed out, I wanted it to feel like an American city you'd never been to. I mean other iterations... the Burton one had very, very, theatrical, beautiful sets - and Nolan had the version that he created in Batman Begins and that was... parts of Chicago and parts of Pittsburgh. And what we're trying to do is create a version of it that you haven't seen before."

Arguably, everything after TDK has been weak.

You just named all the movies.

TDKR was a joke.

Interstellar in the end was just a father/daughter sob story with a lot of sci-fi and spectacle thrown in.

Dunkirk really had average writing and again seemed to rely on stuff like cinematography and the non-linear storytelling.

Tenet to many is just what if Inception was more complicated for two hours just to turn out really simple by the end due to a meh twist.

Nolan has simply been missing something for a while now. I don't know if its cuz he's not working with his brother as much or what. Still high quality good movies just not up to par to his own work. Nothing gripping like Memento or brilliant like the Prestige or just all around great like Inception and TDK.

Back
Top Bottom