DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Yeah, well the whole idea of Grayson becoming a spy, traveling around the world with his face being seen but never being recognized as Bruce's ward/adopted son while he's also suppose to be dead isn't any dumber.
He isn't the spy's for the agency he works for (Spyral) has some face altering technology called Hypnos and something else that alters the users face so he's in disguise
Admittedly, I had only read the set up for everything :lol: Didn't make much sense to me so I aint bother even do I mess with King. Plus I don't care for Grayson really.

The idea just didn't sound good. Also I know a lot of ppl were saying this is DC copying Marvel with how they brought back Bucky and made him the Winter Soldier.

Last edited:
The whole secret spy thing isn't the best thing that's ever happened to the character, but it's been decent in my opinion. Not something I want to last forever though.

Admittedly, I had only read the set up for everything
laugh.gif
Didn't make much sense to me so I aint bother even do I mess with King. Plus I don't care for Grayson really.

The idea just didn't sound good. Also I know a lot of ppl were saying this is DC copying Marvel with how they brought back Bucky and made him the Winter Soldier.
The whole secret spy thing isn't the best thing that's ever happened to the character, but it's been decent in my opinion. Not something I want to last forever though.
honestly it was the best thing for grayson in the new 52 and the new 52 really screwed up his origin imo by taking out a lot of his history. nothing much was going on in his NW coming since the new 52 began and it really lets grayson become his own man outside of the bat family. 

Admittedly, I had only read the set up for everything :lol: Didn't make much sense to me so I aint bother even do I mess with King. Plus I don't care for Grayson really.

honestly it was the best thing for grayson in the new 52 and the new 52 really screwed up his origin imo by taking out a lot of his history. nothing much was going on in his NW coming since the new 52 began and it really lets grayson become his own man outside of the bat family. 

That's what it really has going for it. New 52 Nightwing was a shadow of his former self and couldn't get any development whatsoever because his comic kept getting dragged into the latest Batman event. :smh: Grayson at least got him out of Gotham and let him spread his wings. It's why i've been saying that, while I definitely want him to be Nightwing again, there's not much point in making him Nightwing again unless whoever's writing it goes in with a solid plan for where he wants the character to go. Because the reboot basically gutted the character's history, while then giving his brothers a bunch of his old stuff. **** was trash.

That's what it really has going for it. New 52 Nightwing was a shadow of his former self and couldn't get any development whatsoever because his comic kept getting dragged into the latest Batman event.
mean.gif
Grayson at least got him out of Gotham and let him spread his wings. It's why i've been saying that, while I definitely want him to be Nightwing again, there's not much point in making him Nightwing again unless whoever's writing it goes in with a solid plan for where he wants the character to go. Because the reboot basically gutted the character's history, while then giving his brothers a bunch of his old stuff. **** was trash.
agreed with you with all in the bold. i want him to don the good ole black and blue (red) suit but honestly the way they have things set up since Forever Evil i'd like to see how they could make him NW again I'm sure its possible and once he takes down Spyral I'm sure they'll have something set up. it would be cool if he could have his own spy agency or something like that i would be interested in something like that

Majority of the New 52 has unquestionably been trash. Batman's one of the few series that has remained consistently solid in my opinon, and i've been reading Snyder's run since the start. Is it my favorite run? No. Snyder has a tendency to push his own pet characters into the spotlight at the expense of more established heroes like Grayson or Red Robin (Tim Drake), and similar to some other writers he likes to focus on telling big event type stories, with an overarching theme, instead of smaller works featuring Batman going from adventure to adventure and just tackling crimes in Gotham city without things being on the brink of destruction. But overall I enjoy his writing. He focuses way too much on the Joker for my tastes, when there are numerous other interesting villains just begging to be used, and I actually think Death of the Family was his weakest arc, but (with him only having a few more issues left) I think he's done a good job given the circumstances.

agreed with you with all in the bold. i want him to don the good ole black and blue (red) suit but honestly the way they have things set up since Forever Evil i'd like to see how they could make him NW again I'm sure its possible and once he takes down Spyral I'm sure they'll have something set up. it would be cool if he could have his own spy agency or something like that i would be interested in something like that

Yeah i'm really interested to see what's going to happen once this business with Spyral is over, whether he'll go somewhere else or retain some contact with the organization.

Last edited:

That's what it really has going for it. New 52 Nightwing was a shadow of his former self and couldn't get any development whatsoever because his comic kept getting dragged into the latest Batman event. :smh: Grayson at least got him out of Gotham and let him spread his wings. It's why i've been saying that, while I definitely want him to be Nightwing again, there's not much point in making him Nightwing again unless whoever's writing it goes in with a solid plan for where he wants the character to go. Because the reboot basically gutted the character's history, while then giving his brothers a bunch of his old stuff. **** was trash.
I would tell you beware then. Rumors are that Grayson will be Nightwing again and get his solo book but he'll also be joining the Titans book as well along with Starfire and Robin (Damian). So don't think he'll be that solo and avoid being tied in to events.

Hope the rest of yall ready for Rebirth :lol:

Well there's nothing wrong with being involved in events or interacting with other characters. That happened in the 90's-early 2000's and it was fine. It's about not overdoing it. When it was happening in the 90's he had his own series, with his own unique supporting cast, his own adventures, and in general was developing apart from everyone else. In the New 52 the writer tried to do that for him, but it kept getting side-tracked. And instead of **** just appearing in the Batman series or Detective Comics like in the 90's, his own series would have him taking part in Batman's personal events. **** was trash. :smh:

Last edited:
Guess all the rumors about BvS being in trouble were wrong as JL part 1 start shooting on April 11.

Justice League begins shooting April 11

The legal maxim, “Justice delayed is justice denied” wasn’t meant to apply to superhero films, but the epic wait is finally over for DC fans.

Zack Snyder’s Justice League — Part 1 is officially a go at Warner Bros. and will begin filming on April 11, a little over two weeks after the release of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, the director and studio tell EW.

“The idea that we could begin to boot up a Justice League concept was a cool thing,” says Snyder, who also directed 2013’s Man of Steel and has become one of the key figures in shaping DC’s connected film universe.

“It was a little bit of an ‘about time’ moment, and I don’t blame [the studio] for feeling that way, because it’s a long time coming,” he said. “But I do feel like it’s a little bit of a creative hurdle. It seems like an easy thing to do at first glance, the idea that, ‘Oh, we just get the rest of the superheroes in there.’ But you have to [establish] a world where they can exist.”

Fans can be forgiven for wondering if they’d ever really get to see all of DC’s heroes on one side. But this time, there’s no doubt. It’s happening, and Snyder is currently in the U.K. prepping for the start.

Guess all the rumors about BvS being in trouble were wrong as JL part 1 start shooting on April 11.

Justice League begins shooting April 11

The legal maxim, “Justice delayed is justice denied” wasn’t meant to apply to superhero films, but the epic wait is finally over for DC fans.

Zack Snyder’s Justice League — Part 1 is officially a go at Warner Bros. and will begin filming on April 11, a little over two weeks after the release of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, the director and studio tell EW.

“The idea that we could begin to boot up a Justice League concept was a cool thing,” says Snyder, who also directed 2013’s Man of Steel and has become one of the key figures in shaping DC’s connected film universe.

“It was a little bit of an ‘about time’ moment, and I don’t blame [the studio] for feeling that way, because it’s a long time coming,” he said. “But I do feel like it’s a little bit of a creative hurdle. It seems like an easy thing to do at first glance, the idea that, ‘Oh, we just get the rest of the superheroes in there.’ But you have to [establish] a world where they can exist.”

Fans can be forgiven for wondering if they’d ever really get to see all of DC’s heroes on one side. But this time, there’s no doubt. It’s happening, and Snyder is currently in the U.K. prepping for the start.

Don't worry, there's plenty of time to spin this.

We can certainly find something to blame Snyder about or make up a new rumor, etc. Be patient, it'll come.

:lol:

Yeah, once the movie comes out and ppl don't like it.

It's not like dude has gotten better as a director since 300.

Vanessa Hudgens to Star in Powerless, NBC's DC Comics Workplace Comedy

Fresh off her acclaimed turn in Fox’s Grease: Live, Vanessa Hudgens has signed on to headline NBC’s DC Comics-infused workplace sitcom Powerless, TVLine has learned.

Written by A to Z‘s Ben Queen, the single-camera comedy centers on the exceedingly average employees at one of the worst insurance companies in America — with the twist being that it also takes place in the universe of DC Comics.

Hudgens will play Emily Locke, a claims adjuster who loves her job because she gets to help people, but who is increasingly exasperated by the disruptive antics of the various Super Heroes that proliferate in her city.
Should it snag a series order in May, Powerless would mark the High School Musical grad’s first full-time TV gig.

The movie isn't out yet and everyone already don't like it, no need to wait.

We can just move on to not liking Justice League, don't eeem need any previews.

The movie isn't out yet and everyone already don't like it, no need to wait.

We can just move on to not liking Justice League, don't eeem need any previews.
I'm just going off what you said about ppl finding another reason to hate on Snyder.

It's not particularly hard. Few weeks away from B v. S. The new material for ******** on Snyder is coming and it'll last until JL. Especially by then cuz they'll be more quotes from him about the movie after it releases. Then ppl will have reason to not be hopeful for JL.

This treatment is really no different than how ppl view Michael Bay. Do I need to see another Transformers movie by him to assume it sucks?

Last edited:
Vanessa Hudgens to Star in Powerless, NBC's DC Comics Workplace Comedy

Fresh off her acclaimed turn in Fox’s Grease: Live, Vanessa Hudgens has signed on to headline NBC’s DC Comics-infused workplace sitcom Powerless, TVLine has learned.

Written by A to Z‘s Ben Queen, the single-camera comedy centers on the exceedingly average employees at one of the worst insurance companies in America — with the twist being that it also takes place in the universe of DC Comics.

Hudgens will play Emily Locke, a claims adjuster who loves her job because she gets to help people, but who is increasingly exasperated by the disruptive antics of the various Super Heroes that proliferate in her city.
Should it snag a series order in May, Powerless would mark the High School Musical grad’s first full-time TV gig.

Wasn't Marvel going to do a comedy show similar to that?

I'll watch cuz it's Vanessa Hudgens.

Back
Top Bottom