DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Gonna watch it again before BvS, but for all the nitpicks I have over MoS, it was a solid film with a lot of positives..

- Female performances (sans Ferris) were great. Faora shockingly out shined Zod
- Henry was perfectly cast, IMO
- Loved the intro on Krypton
- Very well shot, good cinematography
- Hans' soundtrack was as good as Batman Begins
- Enjoyed the concept of the alien invasion to introduce Supes' to the world
- Good SFX used for Superman's powers (flying, heat vision)

I don't understand why Superman would have to be stiff, bland and boring. That's just beating yourself before you even get started.

Captain America is the marvel equivalent of Superman - personality wise - and look how interesting Evans makes the character.

Cavil is no bueno. There's no life in his acting. I even cringe during his parts in the Jimmy Kimmel skit.

Last edited:
I'm curious why they chose him. I understand that Nolan was a big fan of his, but his credits pre-MOS aren't all that great.

Apparently directors and studio love this guy, he's been up for numerous roles like between him and another guy but never got his break until MOS.

He almost was chosen over Craig for bond :lol:

Ahhh... Spidey excitement in the CW has subsided and we are back to DC bashing... everything is back to normal.

12 days til this thread implodes...

Ahhh... Spidey excitement in the CW has subsided and we are back to DC bashing... everything is back to normal.

I admire you for taking it in stride :rofl:

I hope the BvS movie is everything you want

Last edited:
I think Cavill can be a fine Superman/Kent.. I just don't think they gave him good enough material or dialogue.

I'm excited for both films. I just want everything to be good. Word to @KingdomFlatbush.

Still worried about Lex though. I hope this guy shows up sooner than later and he doesn't have a prepubescent nasally voice. I don't think my heart can take another IM3 Mandarin-like disappointment.

1a78a5f3_jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor2.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm curious why they chose him. I understand that Nolan was a big fan of his, but his credits pre-MOS aren't all that great.

Apparently directors and studio love this guy, he's been up for numerous roles like between him and another guy but never got his break until MOS.

He almost was chosen over Craig for bond :lol:
It's the same thing when I hear Armie Hammer is constantly up for a role.

I don't get that :lol: Bet role I've seen him in was Social Network. I got a good laugh initially when I found out he was in that Uncle movie with Cavil.

It's a bit similar with Karl Urban too. Always hearing about how he's in the running.
Where is the dc bashing?
People's opinions they don't agree with = DC bashing to some.

Zik, thoughts on Karl Urban?

As opposed to Cavill/Hammer, Urban has actual decent acting and isn't as bland, imo.

As opposed to Cavill/Hammer, Urban has actual decent acting and isn't as bland, imo.
I I just mentioned Urban's name when it comes to the guys I always hear about being in a running for a role. Not grouping him with the subpar actors constantly getting work

Urban's much better than Cavill and Hammer. He has an actual personality. He hasn't broken out as a leading actor but I've liked his performances and most of the movies he's picked.

I just be wondering what dudes like him and Bradley Cooper are waiting on when it comes to these action/superhero movies. Being in Stark Trek and voicing Rocket Raccoon isn't enough.

I I just mentioned Urban's name when it comes to the guys I always hear about being in a running for a role. Not grouping him with the subpar actors constantly getting work

Urban's much better than Cavill and Hammer. He has an actual personality. He hasn't broken out as a leading actor but I've liked his performances and most of the movies he's picked.

I just be wondering what dudes like him and Bradley Cooper are waiting on when it comes to these action/superhero movies. Being in Stark Trek and voicing Rocket Raccoon isn't enough.
Cavill and Hammer have the classic Hollywood leading men looks, which these studios probably see as enough to overcome subpar acting. Take Hammer as an example: dude would fit right into the realm of Cary Grant, Peter O'Toole, Paul Newman (looks-wise, not talent-wise).

Urban definitely doesn't have that "look" and has carved out a niche spot as the supporting character in major films. I just don't think these studios see him and Cooper as truly leading men, which isn't really their fault. To be fair, they've headlined their own stuff (Urban in Almost Human/Dredd and Cooper in a few Oscar-nominated roles).

You can apply this example to a bunch of other great actors today who don't get the shine.

People's opinions they don't agree with = DC bashing to some.

Lol this. Have nothing against DC.

Just don't like how their movie universe is shaping up. Just wish it took more after its TV universe, or even Green Lantern - with better writing and cgi of course. And just dead set against most of their movie castings. From Luther to Lois to Superman, etc.

The whole dark and brooding thing isn't for me. I can understand Batman being that way, of course - but that's more reason why I wish Superman was just livelier to serve as a better contrast. Instead we get Henry Cavil.

Last edited:
I can't see Cooper playing in a cbm role for some reason. I really want Ryan Gossling in a villain role tho

I can see Cooper as Rich Ryder Nova, Rick Jones, Moon Knight, either Ghost Rider, GL, Green Arrow, Hawkman, Mister Miracle, probably make a better grown up Cyclops.

With Moon Knight and (movie) Green Arrow the roles I think he'd be best at; Rich crazy white guys that turn to vigilantism.

Plus I never really thought of what villains he could be.

I can see Cooper as Rich Ryder Nova, Rick Jones, Moon Knight, either Ghost Rider, GL, Green Arrow, Hawkman, Mister Miracle, probably make a better grown up Cyclops.

With Moon Knight and (movie) Green Arrow the roles I think he'd be best at; Rich crazy white guys that turn to vigilantism.

Plus I never really thought of what villains he could be.
Ohhhhh I can see him as Moon Knight. I think it's the curly hair that throws me off
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom