DC Universe is Free

this is on the good system right ?????? ps3
nerd.gif

too lazy to google, why should I play this? What makes this different from other mmorpgs besides the characters?

Ugh, this game is good but the support and what was promised is such a disappointment. They never, eveeeerrrrrr, put up anything on time. Not the monthly updated they promised, some of them were a month late, nor the patches. Hell even F2P was suppose to start in October and it got pushed to Nov 1st.

I'd still play it again on the PC and might even play on the PS3 now that it is free. Hopefully we can get more people to play here, who's up on creating an NT Superhero (or Supervillain) League?

I'm down ^. I'm downloading it now, but idk if my laptop will run it smooth. I got a chitty video card/i5 2410 processor/4gb of ram -.-

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

too lazy to google, why should I play this? What makes this different from other mmorpgs besides the characters?
Gameplay is different from most MMOs. The thing is the game is made for the PS3 and then converted to PC, at least it feels that way. So you do a lot of mouse button smashing to perform combos to build up power. It's really a game you should try out to get the feel of it. I'm not a big MMO gamer so I am not sure what the gameplay can be compared to but from what I've read there really isn't anything like it, it is supposedly pretty unique. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

Ugh, this game is good but the support and what was promised is such a disappointment. They never, eveeeerrrrrr, put up anything on time. Not the monthly updated they promised, some of them were a month late, nor the patches. Hell even F2P was suppose to start in October and it got pushed to Nov 1st.

I'd still play it again on the PC and might even play on the PS3 now that it is free. Hopefully we can get more people to play here, who's up on creating an N,T Superhero (or Supervillain) League?

I'm down with joining a league. When you played it were villain and hero sides even with each other? ( more heroes than villains or opposite) ?

There was definitely more heroes than villains, PVP tends to go to the heroes side but that was months ago. That might change now with more players coming in so we'll see. If I were to guess, heroes will still outnumber villains maybe 3 to 1.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

u still gotta buy the game tho huh?

Nope, just download. They have a tiered program but you get to play the full game for free. 
Ltc8J.jpg

Everything is down right now and knowing SOE I am not surprised.

Last week, Sony Online Entertainment chose November 1st for the arrival of free-to-play in Gotham City, and that day is upon us. According to the DC Universe Online Facebook page, the F2P rollout has begun; consequently, the game is currently down for maintenance "and will be for some time." Says DCUO's RadarX:

It's incredible to see all this excitement surrounding Free to Play! We are still in the process of transitioning our systems and appreciate everyone's patience. We will have more information for you soon and a brand new website full of information about DCUO Free to Play.

This is just how SOE works, they damn well know Nov 1st is their launch date for F2P and yet they do not come prepared and still working stuff out on the same day. I wouldn't be surprised if things doesn't straighten out for the first week, maybe even the first month. 

PlayStation 3 players we hope to have your client available in a little while on the PlayStation Network. Thanks again for everyone's patience!

Played for 2 months after launch and said +$$! it 
laugh.gif

World pvp was the best part for me. Swooping in and using my Supercharge attack in a group of villains
pimp.gif
Grinding out the same instances over and over and over and over and over got sickening for gear progression though
sick.gif
This'll keep my attention until SWTOR comes out.

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

Played for 2 months after launch and said %!%$ it 
laugh.gif

World pvp was the best part for me. Swooping in and using my Supercharge attack in a group of villains
pimp.gif
Grinding out the same instances over and over and over and over and over got sickening for gear progression though
sick.gif
I didn't have a problem with grinding to get gears, it's what MMOs are made for (primarily) but the lack of participation is what killed the game. Making groups with the right components/players and knew how to use that type of player made the game very limited. It became less fun and became a waiting game in hopes that someone logs in to help you out. It should get better with F2P but for how long?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

Played for 2 months after launch and said %!%$ it 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
sick.gif
I didn't have a problem with grinding to get gears, it's what MMOs are made for (primarily) but the lack of participation is what killed the game. Making groups with the right components/players and knew how to use that type of player made the game very limited. It became less fun and became a waiting game in hopes that someone logs in to help you out. It should get better with F2P but for how long?
I have no problem with grinding either, but there wasn't enough end game content and the instances were all rehashes of leveling content. It just felt even more grindy than I was hoping.
Probably going to stick to PvP this time around though.
It'll go well until SOE messes it up.....and they always do.

Back
Top Bottom