Dead. Lock.

I stand by my pick
pimp.gif

Meh... 1300 yards and 10+ TDs isn't exactly a reach.. Which of these RBs are you highly confident in getting those numbers from?

MJD maybe, but anyone else is sketchy... 4 might be early, but picking in that spot he wasn't getting another shot at him... Running back is always deepnow with everybody going 2-backs now..

hold on so what is this standard scoring? Is this the kind of players youd want to draft for a fantasy football league, or actually starting up a team like thebball one was?

and this isnt going to be an actual fantasy football league?

Originally Posted by THE GR8

hold on so what is this standard scoring? Is this the kind of players youd want to draft for a fantasy football league, or actually starting up a team like the bball one was?

and this isnt going to be an actual fantasy football league?
All the info for this thread has been on the first page since I started this thread....kinda obvious you didn't read it though.
Originally Posted by nikeairkeis

With the 6th pick, I select.

Maurice Jones-Drew.

pimp.gif
You're not in it anymore kid....

All the info for this thread has been on the first page since I started this thread....kinda obvious you didn't read it though.
nah i did read it, i just had some questions.

You said we wont be carrying this into like an actual fantasy football league, correct?

and if so i dont get what standard scoring is. Is the players we draft players that we would draft in a fantasy football league (probably putting emphasis onRBs) or players that we would want to draft to start up a franchise with (probably a QB in that case) kind of like what they did in the basketball draftthread.

And also if it is like fantasy, we are doing team defenses/ST correct? and not like defensive players or picking a guy like Devin Hester for his returningabilities.

You said we wont be carrying this into like an actual fantasy football league, correct?

and if so i dont get what standard scoring is. Is the players we draft players that we would draft in a fantasy football league (probably putting emphasis on RBs) or players that we would want to draft to start up a franchise with (probably a QB in that case) kind of like what they did in the basketball draft thread.

And also if it is like fantasy, we are doing team defenses/ST correct? and not like defensive players or picking a guy like Devin Hester for his returning abilities.

1. We won't be carrying this into an actual league, this is just for fun and to get you ready for your draft(s).
2. Look up standard scoring....it's like 6 pts for TDs, 4 Pts for TD pass, etc. I can't explain it all. This is just fantasy football, you're notgoing to be carrying it on elsewhere.
3. Yep, Defense/ST. If you drafted the Bears you'd get Hester.

Why is that?!
I usually don't like to "discriminate" against people with low post counts or people I haven't seen but in this case I kind ofneed to. I haven't seen you around much and I'm trying to make this thing move fast therefore I can't trust people that are not regulars to be hereon a consistent basis. Sorry

Originally Posted by JPZx

and if so i dont get what standard scoring is. Is the players we draft players that we would draft in a fantasy football league (probably putting emphasis on RBs) or players that we would want to draft to start up a franchise with (probably a QB in that case) kind of like what they did in the basketball draft thread.

And also if it is like fantasy, we are doing team defenses/ST correct? and not like defensive players or picking a guy like Devin Hester for his returning abilities.
1. We won't be carrying this into an actual league, this is just for fun and to get you ready for your draft(s).
2. Look up standard scoring....it's like 6 pts for TDs, 4 Pts for TD pass, etc. I can't explain it all. This is just fantasy football, you're not going to be carrying it on elsewhere.
3. Yep, Defense/ST. If you drafted the Bears you'd get Hester.

Why is that?!
I usually don't like to "discriminate" against people with low post counts or people I haven't seen but in this case I kind of need to. I haven't seen you around much and I'm trying to make this thing move fast therefore I can't trust people that are not regulars to be here on a consistent basis. Sorry

aiight thanks, good looks
pimp.gif

Yes as in retire, and you can qoute it all you want. Brett Favre will not win a Superbowl make the playoffs with the Vikings.
fixed
pimp.gif

and no there chances are not higher, Brett Favre is a lame and he is a bum now i watched him in NY bum it out HARD with the Jets last season and i am ecstaticthat he came back so that the Bears can continue to dominate him once again
pimp.gif

sorry for bringing that back but i was just looking through the old pages of this thread
laugh.gif

Bears aint going anywhere either homeboy.

The Vikings would make it before the Bears. But the Packers got the North.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Bears aint going anywhere either homeboy.

The Vikings would make it before the Bears. But the Packers got the North.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
what have yall done since your 6-10 season last year?

We had a better record last season, and got Cutler.

btw Cutler > Rodgers, and yall dont got a RB like Forte either to help him out
smile.gif
pimp.gif

Again you have the same problem as the Vikings. You have no WR's, your recievers are worse then the Vikings.
Your Defense is old with no secondary. Peterson > Forte so il give you 3rd place on lock.

And no Cutler is not better then Rodgers.
Rodgers did so well for his first year starting, i cant wait to see his second year.
Only player to have 4000 yards passing in his first year starting

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Again you have the same problem as the Vikings. You have no WR's, your recievers are worse then the Vikings.
Your Defense is old with no secondary. Peterson > Forte so il give you 3rd place on lock.

And no Cutler is not better then Rodgers.
Rodgers did so well for his first year starting, i cant wait to see his second year.
Only player to have 4000 yards passing in his first year starting
yeah but Cutler eclipsed 4500 yards
ohwell.gif

and also we can argue who is betetr Cutler/rodgers all day, but think that Bears, vikes, or Pack fans can all admit that Cutler/forte is the best QB/RB comboin the NFC North, maybe the league. You can argue Cutler/Rodgers but the Pack dont have a RB like Forte. Thna you can argue Peterson/Forte but if you think a57 year old Favre is anywhere near the level of an up and coming 25 year old QB who threw for 4500 yeatrds last season, youre delusional. There is a reason whymad teams sought after Cutler while the Vikings were the only team willing to take Favre out of his 17th retirement
laugh.gif

and i hate how people call our WRs bad. how can you tell if a WR is bad when they have never played/never played with a legit QB. Earl Bennett was a rookie lstyear and its his first year starting so how in the world have you seen him enough to call him bad? And Hester showed signs last year going for over 500 yardsand he started for less than half the season, he is becoming a good route runner and has tons of speed. Its gonna be his 1st year starting as well and he hadKyle "cant throw long" Orton last year... how can he be considered bad? Also forte is probably the best pass catching RB in football and Olsen isbecoming Cutlers favorite target a TE and Des Clark does his thing as well, so i wouldnt say he has no targets.

and our D has only looked bad brcause weve had no offense. Last time our offense was functional enough to actually move the ball a little was whenn we hadTommy /jones and went to the Superbowl. I f our D stays healthy well be fine. We have some nice up and coming players in the secondary (Dannieal Manning andKevin Payne will suprise people), and when heathy we have a great front 4 our ends are great and there arent too many DTs better than Tommy Harris is hes readyto go. and you still couldnt find abetter LB combo than Briggs/urlacher. our D will step it up again. And out ST is top notch.

We can make comparisons all you want. But the Packers were 8th in the NFL in total Offense last year.
Vikings were in the middle and Bears were dam near last.

You can say you made additions but the Packers Offense will only be better with Rodgers gaining exp. and if the WR core stays healthy

Back
Top Bottom