*DEAD* Vol. Agent Zero

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by Mister916

capt.7cc1ec7b5e9d4e9398ffee813f45be0d.hornets_wizards_basketball_vzn102.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/was/
WASHINGTON -- While the Washington Wizards have removed virtually all traces of Gilbert Arenas from the Verizon Center, one teammate found a way to get his suspended teammate's nickname visible Sunday when the team played the New Orleans Hornets.

DeShawn Stevenson took to the court during pregame warmups with the words "AGENT" and "ZERO" written in red capital letters on tape wrapped around his shins -- just above his shoe tops.

The Wizards removed all Arenas-related merchandise from the arena and edited him out of the pregame video after he was suspended indefinitely by the NBA on Wednesday. Arenas is under investigation for bringing guns to the Verizon Center and related incidents.

Fans arriving for the game also saw a new multistory banner on the facade of the arena, replacing the one that had featured Arenas. The new banner focuses on the team's community service, with the slogan: "On your team, on the court and in the community, Wizards care."
Surprised DeShawn didn't get it tattoo'd on him

don't worry, he will

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Pretty sure it was one of those situations where it was funny unless it was happening to you
laugh.gif
He was also smart not to try it on all the bigger dudes. Blatche doesn't count cuz he looks like the type of dude you can fold in half. Then again, Storey doesn't seem like the type of dude you should mess with like that.
On a similar note, while playing with the Dakota Wizards of the NBDL, Storey was involved in an altercation with teammate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martynas_Andriuškevičius

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Pretty sure it was one of those situations where it was funny unless it was happening to you
laugh.gif
He was also smart not to try it on all the bigger dudes. Blatche doesn't count cuz he looks like the type of dude you can fold in half. Then again, Storey doesn't seem like the type of dude you should mess with like that.
On a similar note, while playing with the Dakota Wizards of the NBDL, Storey was involved in an altercation with teammate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martynas_Andriuškevičius

MeloVP:
Stern helped to create Agent Zero, now he mad.
Mad? It's called accountability.

If Stern helped create Agent Zero, then Agent Zero shouldn't have mocked and bitten the hand that fed him.

"Man, screw that.Gilbert doesn't have to kiss no one's butt. Stern ain't a damn don, like Arenas is supposed to kiss the ring orsomething."

Just go ahead and copy that and paste it into your reply.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Gilbert took a dump in Blatche's shoe?[/color]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

http://www.washingtonpost...00.html?hpid=dynamiclead

Former Wizards coach Eddie Jordan and his staff privately intimated they felt undermined by Grunfeld when it came to matters of discipline with Arenas. Arenas, a notorious practical joker, often crossed the line of acceptable decorum. The example often cited was how Arenas once defecated in teammate Andray Blatche's shoe during Blatche's rookie season. His behavior often went unchecked and unpunished, said a former team employee on condition of anonymity.

roll.gif
roll.gif

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Elaborate pranks
[/font]

After former Wizard Awvee Storey and Arenas got into a wrestling match during practice two years ago, Arenas promised revenge. Posing as his teammate on the road, he entered Storey's hotel room, copied his car key and express-mailed the key back to the District, where his friend promptly put Storey's car up on blocks in the arena garage.

When Storey returned to the locker room, ashen-faced over the theft of his wheels, Arenas rolled one of his rims across the locker room. He did the same to Nick Young during the Wizards guard's rookie season, "until I pleaded for him to give me my wheels back," Young said Friday night after the Wizards won their first game since Arenas's suspension. "That's just Gilbert. You have to know him. He's not a malicious guy, he's a good guy that just does some crazy things."

eek.gif
this dude is even crazier than i thought
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
he a dirty dude

Originally Posted by BALLINaintEASY

Deshawn Stevenson is a Bum. even though he from the same part of cali as me
How exactly is he a bum ?. Aside from his ugly tats. Dude make more money than you can ever make

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

MeloVP:
Stern helped to create Agent Zero, now he mad.
Mad? It's called accountability.

If Stern helped create Agent Zero, then Agent Zero shouldn't have mocked and bitten the hand that fed him.

"Man, screw that.Gilbert doesn't have to kiss no one's butt. Stern ain't a damn don, like Arenas is supposed to kiss the ring or something."

Just go ahead and copy that and paste it into your reply.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

nah i'm not going there

gil forced his hand, so stern did what he had to

all i'm sayin as that now they're (stern/wizards) all anti-gil 200%, when a minute ago they were his staunch advocates

Originally Posted by KenJi714

How exactly is he a bum ?. Aside from his ugly tats. Dude make more money than you can ever make
So money defines character now? I'm pretty sure dude used bum in the sense that Deshawn seems like a loser that tries to hard as opposed tohis financial situation. With that said, I don't agree with BALLINaintEASY either. I doubt you know Deshawn personally, so I don't know whyyou're calling him a bum like you know him. NOW, if you were calling him a bum regarding how he plays on the court, then I could definitely agree withthat.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

He's shooting like 20 percent from the field. If that's not bum status I dunno what is.

[h1]Delonte West's playing status reflects team's successful strategy: Cavaliers Insider[/h1] [h4]By Brian Windhorst[/h4] [h5]January 11, 2010, 2:09AM[/h5]
gilbertwesthewjpg-04706f1abdae1e0c_medium.jpg

Harry E. Walker / McClatchey-TribuneThe dramatic differences in how the Wizards and Cavaliers dealt with gun issues surrounding Gilbert Arenas (0) and Delonte West (13) has largely explained why one player is currently indefinitely suspended and the other is still on the court.

CAVALIERS VS. WARRIORS
Tipoff: Monday, 10:30 p.m. at Oracle Arena.
TV/radio: FSOhio; WTAM AM/1100.
Notable: The Warriors have the rest advantage on the Cavs, as they were off Sunday. ... Anthony Randolph (ankle), Kelenna Azubuike (knee), Brendan Wright (shoulder) and Raja Bell (wrist) are out for Golden State. ...The Cavs have won the last three meetings with the Warriors, including a 114-108 win in Cleveland on Nov. 14.

--
Brian Windhorst

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The Gilbert Arenas gun drama has not been a welcome series of events for the Cavaliers' Delonte West.

Four months after West's arrest on gun charges in suburban Washington D.C., Arenas and teammate Javaris Crittenton are facing a grand jury investigation for bringing guns into the Verizon Center in the heart of the city.

After Arenas was suspended indefinitely by the league, there were immediate comparisons to how the league handled West. It was not the sort of attention the guard or the Cavs were looking for.

But the alternative viewpoint is how West and the Cavs have avoided the problems that have plagued the Wizards. As a result, West's troubles have had a minimal effect on the season thus far.

Arenas and the team's handling of the incident -- which included a blase attitude by the players involved and limited response by the team when the story first broke -- has highlighted how well the Cavs have managed West's situation.

Specifically, the Cavs have shielded West from the media, his teammates have constantly offered a wall of support, and the organization's leadership has constantly kept one voice both in front and behind the scenes.

For his part, West has sought and maintained a low profile as he's continued treatment for a mood disorder.

It seems that Arenas' lack of respect for his situation to the media and what appears to be the Wizards' total abandonment of support for him fed the circus that got out of control. Arenas' actions, quotes and use of Twitter led to the action taken by Commissioner David Stern.

"We really pride this thing on being a family atmosphere," Cavs coach Mike Brown said before the Cavs faced the Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday. "No matter what any of our guys are going through, if we can protect them then we'll try to do that."

West has answered questions from the media only once, on the first day of training camp, and even then he would not talk about the incident. Ever since, members of the team's public relations staff have guarded him from attention and denied all interview requests.

After West missed several practices without excuse and then a team flight, the franchise's leaders handled the consequences in house and declined to comment about it and it limited the exposure and the damage. It was the same when West was charged with additional gun counts; the team's approach and protection of him did not budge.

"You don't want anyone to feel out on an island by themselves or they've got to solve anything on their own," Brown said. "It is going to be a community effort."

West has an important motion hearing on his case coming up on Jan. 29 and his trial is scheduled for Feb. 18.

Antics thwarted: Arenas was suspended before the game against the Cavs last Wednesday. Had the league waited, the fans at The Q apparently would have seen another potentially memorable and costly skit by Arenas and at least one teammate.

The night before in Philadelphia, Arenas pretended to shoot up in the air while his teammates surrounded him. Four players have reportedly been fined by the team. The Washington Post reported Sunday that Arenas and teammate Nick Young had talked about doing a mock John Wayne-style showdown by taking 10 paces and then drawing on each other before tipoff at The Q. Young confirmed the plot to the newspaper.

Most believe it was Arenas' antics in Philadelphia pregame that forced Stern's hand to suspend him.

3 Wizards meet with authorities in gun inquiry

WASHINGTON (AP)-Three more members of the Washington Wizards have met with authorities concerning the Gilbert Arenas gun investigation.

Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson had to miss practice Monday to answer questions. Coach Flip Saunders and other players met with authorities last week.

Arenas is under investigation for bringing guns to the Verizon Center and related incidents stemming from a dispute with teammate Javaris Crittenton. Arenas has been suspended indefinitely by the NBA, and Crittenton has been excused from team activities while the legal process plays out.

The team also suspended Andray Blatche for one game for unspecified behavior during Sunday's game against New Orleans. The suspension is not related to the Arenas investigation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news

Everything is centered around Gil right now but Javaris is actually going to get it the worst. Son actually had one chambered...

It's a good thing Adidas didn't put all their eggs into one basket case.

Adidas contract in jeopardy

Not sure what's more disturbing to adidas execs - the guns or that Gil reportedly once took a dump in a teammate's shoes: "If Arenas weren't already dealing with enough, he now faces the watchful eye of his shoe company, Adidas, which released a statement on Friday that is putting the three-time all-star on notice. 'We are evaluating our relationship with Gilbert Arenas based on his recent conduct and subsequent suspension from the NBA," Adidas spokeswoman Lyn Famiglietti said in a statement. 'We echo the Commissioner's concern for such a serious incident and will continue to follow the investigation by the league and law enforcement.' Arenas has been with Adidas since signing an endorsement deal with the shoe company in December 2003."

[h2]Report: Arenas negotiating plea[/h2]
  • 05:35 AM ET 01.14
Suspended Washington Wizards sharpshooter Gilbert Arenas and the feds are reportedly negotiating a plea deal. Arenas' lawyer and federal prosecutors are discussing a possible plea bargain in which the suspended basketball player would cop to misdemeanor gun charges as early as today. Sources told TMZ.com that the filing of charges would coincide with the plea.

New York Post

Gilbert Arenas is in negotiations for a plea deal on gun charges

By Keith L. Alexander and Mike Wise
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, January 14, 2010

Prosecutors and attorneys for Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas were in plea negotiations this week that could have Arenas in court on gun charges as soon as Thursday, according to law enforcement sources.

The two sources, speaking on condition of anonymity because the talks are ongoing, stressed that the negotiations could collapse. In addition, no cases involving Arenas had been docketed in Superior Court by late Wednesday night. If the plea talks are not successful, a Superior Court grand jury would continue to hear evidence in the case.

Officials with the U.S. attorney's office in the District declined to comment about the case. Arenas's attorney, Kenneth L. Wainstein, also declined to comment.

The sources said it was unclear whether the plea agreement would set Arenas's punishment as probation, community service, a fine or some combination. But the negotiations would ensure that Arenas would not go to jail, one of the sources said.

If the grand jury were to charge Arenas, he likely would face charges of carrying a handgun without a license, which is a felony and punishable by up to five years behind bars. Because he has said he had four guns in the Verizon Center locker room, he could face up to 20 years in jail.

Prosecutors could bring their own charge of possessing an unregistered firearm, a misdemeanor that carries a 12-month sentence.

The guns became an issue after Arenas and Wizards teammate Javaris Crittenton got into an argument after a card game and Crittenton allegedly said he should shoot Arenas in his surgically repaired left knee, sources have said. Days later on Dec. 21, after a practice at Verizon Center, Arenas placed the guns on a chair next to Crittenton's locker with a note that said "pick one."

The grand jury began hearing testimony in the case on Jan. 5. Since Arenas met with law enforcement authorities, Wizards Coach Flip Saunders, team President Ernie Grunfeld and players Fabricio Oberto, Randy Foye, Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, DeShawn Stevenson, JaVale McGee, Mike Miller and Andray Blatche have also spoken to authorities or the grand jury. Players Antawn Jamison, Mike James, Dominic McGuire, Earl Boykins and Nick Young say they have not been asked to be interviewed.

NBA Commissioner David Stern suspended Arenas indefinitely without pay Jan. 6.

An NBA official, on condition of anonymity, said league investigators met with many of the team's players this week. Union attorneys, including Billy Hunter, the head of the players' union, sat in on the interviews. The official added the NBA wants to conclude its investigation, which could result in further penalties to Arenas and some of his teammates, in the next week.

While at least three players testified to league officials they witnessed Crittenton chamber a round in his own gun, there are differences in their accounts. That, plus lack of proof that Crittenton took a weapon to the locker room, make it difficult for the NBA to severely punish the reserve guard, the official said.

The incident, which is also being investigated by the NBA, has cast doubt on the future of Arenas's career at a time when the 28-year-old guard was trying to regain his all-star form after missing the last two seasons following knee surgery.

The Wizards, who endorsed the suspension, have in the past week removed a banner with Arenas's image on it that covered part of the Sixth Street facade of Verizon Center, stopped displaying Arenas's No. 0 jersey and removed all references to him in the introductory video played before home games.

Arenas met Wednesday with Hunter to discuss his situation. Hunter said Tuesday he wanted to ensure that Arenas receives due process and doesn't want the punishment to exceed the transgression.

"You don't use a sledgehammer to drive a tack," Hunter said. "Right now, we're just waiting for the investigation to conclude and then we'll see what level or degree of discipline the commissioner is talking about imposing. And once the commissioner makes his decision, that will determine what extent we get involved and don't get involved."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/13/AR2010011304260.html

No jail time....gets sum wacky probation or community service sentence and 25 game suspension....i think thats cool...Stern can throw on a 250k Fine if hewants and I think that wud still be cool...

Rest of the season is tooooo much though

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

No jail time....gets sum wacky probation or community service sentence and 25 game suspension....i think thats cool...Stern can throw on a 250k Fine if he wants and I think that wud still be cool...

Rest of the season is tooooo much though

I agree with you, but I don't see stern letting em off that easy. I think he wants to prove a point to the rest of the players/media and arenas is gonna bethe unlucky one.

Knowing Gil, he may take that plea deal as a slight.

I'll reserve judgement until it is in stone

Back
Top Bottom