Dear White People (Promotional Trailer)

Originally Posted by Too Steez

Dear black people, get over this racism thing. Jesus, it's getting played out. And I hope this doesn't get produced or even thought about again.

See black people, when we see posts like this we know that we still have more work that needs to be done, we know that we still have more lives to save and help educate out there.

SIMP MODE!!!!!

engage.jpg

ENGAGE!!!!

That shortie Sam is so ridiculously cute 
eek.gif

embarassed.gif

...and she got her watch on Nation Time. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by Kareem the Dream

Doesnt matter, theyre black. It like reverse racism.. doesnt count
grin.gif
Oh this again?
Need more of this.
It's from Clean Mic: Laughing Until It Hurts. A documentary about comedians in NY, DC, and a few other places and what they face in comedy clubs as far as stereotypes go.

Here's the trailer

As far as this trailer 
pimp.gif
Hope it gets produced in to a full length movie. To the white ppl claiming this movie is just doing to white ppl what they claim white ppl do to black ppl, I'd think yall would be smart enough to realize what does and does not pertain to some of you. If you're not an uninformed white person that believes in black stereotypes and are oblivious to your own prejudice and ignorance then don't watch it from the stance that you're being attacked or that you're a victim and the ppl doing it are bitter black ppl that can't get over racism (which is extremely ignorant in and of itself) and don't take it so personally. Of course all white ppl are not like that but saying that doesn't excuse the fact that there are some white ppl like that. Don't know why that's so hard to understand. You may claim things like that separate "races" but I don't know how you expect ppl to come together if they're not educated and their ignorance is not removed.

Originally Posted by PLVN

This just looks like any other indie film to me...

What does this even mean? 
laugh.gif

What else could I mean?

It looks like the average independent film.

Though I'm just looking at it as a movie and not a starting point for a discussion on race.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

I'm black. To say Black people can't be racist is the stupidest think ive ever heard. Anyone can be racist....

What systematic structure do blacks have in place or have ever HAD in place to say blacks can be racist??

So racism is based solely on systematic structures? 
laugh.gif

Systematic structures?

"What does that even mean?"

"No-one knows what it means, but it's provocative! ....it get's the people going"

Please name a systematic structure CURRENTLY in place that prevents black US citizens from having the same legal rights and freedoms that everybody else in the States experiences.

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

I'm black. To say Black people can't be racist is the stupidest think ive ever heard. Anyone can be racist....

What systematic structure do blacks have in place or have ever HAD in place to say blacks can be racist??

laugh.gif

Systematic structures?

"No-one knows what it means, but it's provocative! ....it get's the people going"

Please name a systematic structure CURRENTLY in place that prevents black US citizens from having the same legal rights and freedoms that everybody else in the States experiences.
None, just whites are looked upon as good, and also they all got a head start!

laugh.gif

Systematic structures?

Economics, education, entertainment, labor,law, politics. Shall I continue?

laugh.gif

Systematic structures?

It basically means the racism is institutionalized. I hope you don't ask me what institutionalized means next.

Currently, it's in our schools, law enforcement, government, etc. I'm assuming you and Nowitness need it to be right in your face like how it was in the 60s and prior to recognize it. Seems the only way you'll believe it is until they start hanging back up the Whites Only signs over bathrooms and water fountains. To even imply this kind of racism does not exist today and the way you're going about it shows your brazen and shameless ignorance on the matter. It's sad too cuz other NTers actually make threads with the examples and evidence staring you right in the face.

Yall dudes denying this exists at least need to take a college course on it to get some understanding. Any of them courses falling under sociology geared to the topic of race should help, even criminology.

laugh.gif

Systematic structures?

Economics, education, entertainment, labor,law, politics. Shall I continue?

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

^ He said LEGAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS. So a college course can school us on this topic, even though its one of these institutionalized barriers that you just named- why would they do that if they dont want you to succeed? I dont deny that it can be harder for minorities in this country, but plenty of examples can prove that it can be done- and in an exceedingly successful manner at that
Law enforcement and the government. My list or what Daytona expanded on all apply.

Don't tell me you're that slow or are you arguing just to argue at this point? Are you even willing to learn? Just like how all white ppl aren't racist is the same way not all universities and colleges have institutionalized racism. If you want, just to save some money, take up the course at a community college. Then again I'm saying this from experience since I live in New York. Maybe you're right and the majority of schools wouldn't even have a course let alone talk about the topic of racism today and specifically institutionalized racism.

Also a school that practiced and was actively engaged in institutionalized racism would not be prevented from teaching it. Teaching it and discussing how it exists and is in practice today is not the same as identifying it and stopping it from happening. If anything practicing it and having it taught in schools is the equivalent of a white guy saying he's not racist cuz he has black friends.

You completely missed the point there, no-one is denying that there is an inherent "white" societal racism against blacks/minorities that still exists today, but the clue is in the word institutionalized -these prejudices have been ingrained into society for many years as we all sadly know only too well. The point is that there is a big difference between institutionalized racism and personal racism. To say that black people are incapable of racism is naive at best.

This just looks like any other indie film to me...

What does this even mean? 
laugh.gif

What else could I mean?

It looks like the average independent film.

Though I'm just looking at it as a movie and not a starting point for a discussion on race.
agreed.
a lot of the independent film scene is as stale as hollywood is, which is sad considering the amount of freedom you have to experiment with.

anyways, I'm kinda missing the actual plot of this film. I'll look out for it if it comes to fruition though.

You completely missed the point there, no-one is denying that there is an inherent "white" societal racism against blacks/minorities that still exists today, but the clue is in the word institutionalized -these prejudices have been ingrained into society for many years as we all sadly know only too well. The point is that there is a big difference between institutionalized racism and personal racism. To say that black people are incapable of racism is naive at best.
What point did I completely miss? You were mocking Deuce and/or Paul Mooney by asking what systematic structure means and claiming it was just used to incite further arguments. Then you had the nerve to ask the names of such institutions that currently part take in racism that prevents black ppl from the same legal rights and freedoms everybody else has. FYI it's not just against black ppl.

I mean if you're well aware that exists today I don't know how you can then ask for examples of such as if they don't exist.

If ppl are talking about racism from the stand point of it being a tool of power that actively denies the rights of other "races" then yes black ppl among others are incapable of racism. In that context there is no personal racism unless you have the power to do the aforementioned. That don't mean they can't be prejudice, discriminate, and believe in stereotypes of other groups of ppl though.

That was some horrible acting.  I don't know how anyone could sit through another hour and twenty-seven minutes of that 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Too Steez

Dear black people, get over this racism thing. Jesus, it's getting played out. And I hope this doesn't get produced or even thought about again.

See black people, when we see posts like this we know that we still have more work that needs to be done, we know that we still have more lives to save and help educate out there.

Yes there are still people/areas that are racist. Yes it may play a big role in day to day life. But as long as you're sitting their preaching and acting like its your social responsibility to educate others about how people are racist, then it's not ending anytime soon.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

What point did I completely miss? You were mocking Deuce and/or Paul Mooney by asking what systematic structure means and claiming it was just used to incite further arguments. Then you had the nerve to ask the names of such institutions that currently part take in racism that prevents black ppl from the same legal rights and freedoms everybody else has. FYI it's not just against black ppl.

I mean if you're well aware that exists today I don't know how you can then ask for examples of such as if they don't exist.

If ppl are talking about racism from the stand point of it being a tool of power that actively denies the rights of other "races" then yes black ppl among others are incapable of racism. In that context there is no personal racism unless you have the power to do the aforementioned. That don't mean they can't be prejudice, discriminate, and believe in stereotypes of other groups of ppl though.
That was my original point, you just articulated it better for me lol.
My argument against Deuce's post in the first place was that you cannot use "systematic structure" as the sole criteria for racism. And you can't use the excuse that "blacks cannot be racist" only because they do not have the inherent structure in place to oppress white people -personal prejudices come into play as well and blacks/minorities are just as capable of hatred, ignorance and naivety on a personal level as anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom