Dear White People

if everyone accepted the stupid **** their race did, we'd be all good... 

instead, people get mad when another race points it out 

Sheesh man some of the youtube comments on the latest trailer 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

black people feel they get a free pass to talk about white people 

and white people act like it's not fair and will totally downplay their several hundred year head start 

it's a no win situation 

black people feel they get a free pass to talk about white people 

and white people act like it's not fair and will totally downplay their several hundred year head start 

it's a no win situation 

Talk about how?? :nerd:

Since when is talking about someone viewed as controversial? Please elaborate...

Talk about how??
nerd.gif

Since when is talking about someone viewed as controversial? Please elaborate...
in the context of the thread, talk about the things they do.... their characteristics 

black comics always mock white people.... they're the first people to be identified in the crowd 

then the comic proceeds to mock how they talk.... how they're all afraid of black people.... etc 

it gets real uncomfortable when the white comic does the same thing --- starts referring to all black dudes as Tyrone and talking like a ghetto moron 

Talk about how?? :nerd:

in the context of the thread, talk about the things they do.... their characteristics 

black comics always mock white people.... they're the first people to be identified in the crowd 

then the comic proceeds to mock how they talk.... how they're all afraid of black people.... etc 

it gets real uncomfortable when the white comic does the same thing --- starts referring to all black dudes as Tyrone and talking like a ghetto moron 

Gary Owen doe...

I'm not expecting much, but I'm going to support this movie by buying a ticket just because it has the nuts to even address some issues that I think, but not too many people care to hear.

Gary Owen doe...
Gary Owen is hilarious...  and so is Bill Burr, who's skit about going to Harlem to see his girl is classic 

I have no problems with it... am an equal opportunist.... I'll talk about my own people as much as I will others.... because we all do **** worth making fun of and criticizing 

The black/white comedy dynamic isn't so black & white (no pun intended) as you make it. There's variables to it.

Let's be real here for a second....there's not alot that "offends" white people. There are no stereotypes about white culture that are widely received as being demeaning or offensive. Not having rhythm, cussing out your parents, talking "proper", and all of the other white jokes black comedians make...pales in comparison to a white comedian joking about crossing the street when a black man is approaching.

It's not an even playing field. 

Always Black or White......What about the Hispanics or the Native Americans? Of course racism I still prevalent slave owners children are still alive it will not change until they are dead with their teachings and ideas.

Always Black or White......What about the Hispanics or the Native Americans? Of course racism I still prevalent slave owners children are still alive it will not change until they are dead with their teachings and ideas.
I agree. Far too often we pigeon hole race issues to just black and white...but the bigger picture reveals that for some odd reason...people of color all across the world have been under attack for ages. From africans...to indians...to the ancient mayans and many more...the indigenous melanated people of lands all across the globe have been murdered, raped, and pillaged from their homes. Some have been wiped off the planet and had every trace of their existence removed from history. 

Observing the narrative that has played out throughout history...you have to ask yourself WHY has this happened...to VERY specific groups of people. Why are people of color at a disadvantage all across the globe? Why has European concepts of beauty been implemented all across the globe? I think before we evolve as humans...we need to ask ourselves how and why these things came to be. What is it...than one group of people...knows about a BUNCH of other groups of people...that they would go through great lengths to remove them from existence?

Black and Brown tension is one of the most disheartening realities of our current situation. We have so much in common but we focus so much on why we're different or about "who's black and who isn't". The common denominator amongst all "minorities"...is that we share the same oppressor. 

While we argue about whether dominicans are black or not...somebody has us grouped all in the same category that is beneath theirs. 

Back
Top Bottom