debit cards

so a couple of weeks ago i was off and i was buying patio furniture at home depot. As im paying for it..one of my credit cards was denied a couple of times. There was a line behind me so i grabbed whichever card i had first and used it (debit card).

I leave and then called my one CC company to ask why the payment was denied and they indicated that Home Depot has had a lot of fraudalent things going on there, but once they were sure that it was me trying to purchase they said I can use the card (didnt matter because i already paid with my debit).

Two days later my bank calls me and asked me if I authorized 3 separate $100 purchases on my debit card about an hour away. I immediately said no and that was fraud and for them to cancel the card immediately. They needed to research what happened and if everything checks out..I will get my funds back into my account in 5 to 7 business days. They also advised for me to go the branch and get a new card issued.

Im thinking that there must have been a skimmer on the machine because they actually used a card with a pin number. My bank told me that if they get your card number they could then create their own PIN number. Anyway my bank caught it quick and they issued my funds back..but I just wanted to say that be careful while using cards. I didnt even order a new one, if I need funds Im just gonna go to my bank and withdraw. Not gonna deal with that BS again. You always hear about this stuff happening but you never think it will happen to you.

so a couple of weeks ago i was off and i was buying patio furniture at home depot. As im paying for it..one of my credit cards was denied a couple of times. There was a line behind me so i grabbed whichever card i had first and used it (debit card).

I leave and then called my one CC company to ask why the payment was denied and they indicated that Home Depot has had a lot of fraudalent things going on there, but once they were sure that it was me trying to purchase they said I can use the card (didnt matter because i already paid with my debit).

Two days later my bank calls me and asked me if I authorized 3 separate $100 purchases on my debit card about an hour away. I immediately said no and that was fraud and for them to cancel the card immediately. They needed to research what happened and if everything checks out..I will get my funds back into my account in 5 to 7 business days. They also advised for me to go the branch and get a new card issued.

Im thinking that there must have been a skimmer on the machine because they actually used a card with a pin number. My bank told me that if they get your card number they could then create their own PIN number. Anyway my bank caught it quick and they issued my funds back..but I just wanted to say that be careful while using cards. I didnt even order a new one, if I need funds Im just gonna go to my bank and withdraw. Not gonna deal with that BS again. You always hear about this stuff happening but you never think it will happen to you.

That's going to get old REAL quick. Especially on a Saturday. Just be careful where you use your card. Big mega stores like Wal-mart, Home Depot are hot beds for fraud. I never put my PIN in anywhere.

I just don't understand how someone would be able to get a skimmer on these self checkout line registers

the funniest part is i NEVER use my debit card..i always use credit cards for points/cashback/etc and only because i had a line behind me i used it.

If it was a CC you will get the credit back immediately..with debit theres a slight chance you might be out some money..Lesson-learned never getting a debit card again

Also when i was at my bank the person helping me told me they dont use or have a debit card they only withdraw it from a teller. I was like great idea..I never thought twice about taking money out of my bank's ATM but theres a chance you can get scammed somehow

I always use my debit card, never had a problem. I’ll get my money back anyway if some fraud happens.

I always use my debit card, never had a problem. I’ll get my money back anyway if some fraud happens.
I would be careful with this approach.

I basically never use my Debit Card.

I use my CC only and just pay it off at the end of the month (With money I ALREADY had before using the CC)

the funniest part is i NEVER use my debit card..i always use credit cards for points/cashback/etc and only because i had a line behind me i used it.

If it was a CC you will get the credit back immediately..with debit theres a slight chance you might be out some money..Lesson-learned never getting a debit card again

Also when i was at my bank the person helping me told me they dont use or have a debit card they only withdraw it from a teller. I was like great idea..I never thought twice about taking money out of my bank's ATM but theres a chance you can get scammed somehow

#Boom

never use my debit card
i don't see the point when credit cards reward you.
#Boom

Last edited:
At bars, I only use cash or use my credit card if I don’t have cash. Heard too many times that my friends were charged twice the correct amount on their cards.

never use my debit card
i don't see the point when credit cards reward you

but yeah i go to austin from houston a lot and those small gas stations outside the city always getting people's ****
i think clerks are selling info or something...they got me twice. :smh:

Usually use cash and debit. Visa for the big purchases and monthly bills.

never use my debit card
i don't see the point when credit cards reward you

but yeah i go to austin from houston a lot and those small gas stations outside the city always getting people's ****
i think clerks are selling info or something...they got me twice. :smh:
On ur CC?

On ur CC?
yeah on my cc... i got charges for like 100$ at random gas stations in austin.
but i didn't sweat it my bank is great they got rid of the charges and expedited me a new card with no hesitation (usaa)

I'm always using my debit card too for in-store purchases. I've been hit before but it was only at gas stations. Super inconvenient and I hate having to wait for my money back.

Cats get defrauded everyday b.

coin-flip-mcduck.gif

Blame the companies that manufacture the CC reader machines. This is how they get your info. You don't even need to install a faux skimmer. The machine it's self is barely encrypted.

Never use your debit or credit at lounges, clubs etc...this is how people get got as well.

Trust no one.

isco isco the person ringing up your purchase was probably the cause of the decline. They probably wanted you to use your debit card, since some of thd bank issued cards are less secure than a debit card with a chip or pin req.

Blame the companies that manufacture the CC reader machines. This is how they get your info. You don't even need to install a faux skimmer. The machine it's self is barely encrypted.

Never use your debit or credit at lounges, clubs etc...this is how people get got as well.

Trust no one.

isco isco the person ringing up your purchase was probably the cause of the decline. They probably wanted you to use your debit card, since some of thd bank issued cards are less secure than a debit card with a chip or pin req.
nah my CC company denied the purchase

Back
Top Bottom