December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

1602684686631.png

Interested in seeing the breakdown of Freelance Wrestler Usage for other companies out there. (Not named WWE).

Just looking at that number without context it SEEMS like alot but I wouldn't know unless I had something to compare it to.

According to Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the idea behind the decision was to get Big E "out of the comedic mode" and make him a more serious competitor and give him singles push in the process.

Meltzer noted that talk of pushing Big E as a singles star had started several weeks leading up to the WWE Draft.

As per the pre-draft pools, The New Day was listed as one team that could have been picked by the same brand. However, this is not the first time that WWE has broken up tag teams in the draft in order to push individual stars.

The Observer also noted while Big E, Daniel Bryan, and Jey Uso are expected to be the main singles babyfaces on SmackDown going forward, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Lars Sullivan, and King Corbin will be the biggest heels. The report also said that Otis and Kevin Owens will be pushed as singles babyface acts.

***As always, please take these reports with a couple of bouillon cubes***

What are your thoughts on ICO PRO? Did you ever try it?

I recall it flopped badly. It was a supplement that was cross promoted with that WBF failure in the early '90s. There was a running joke about it that they were really steroids.

I had no reason to try it. I don't even use protein products or any legitimate supplements since I began exercising routinely 7 years ago.

What your thoughts therealest1 therealest1

I've seen that guy's YouTube segments somewhat disparaging bad ideas from WWF, WCW, and wrestling in general. They're pretty funny and sort of accurate. I was going to share his videos on here eventually.

The graphic only lists the number of Dynamite matches...it says nothing about promo time or hype packages

Moxley has a dedicated segment practically every week

Dynamite is the Main presentation, yes?

I've been trying to get clarity about the scheduled main event title match between Ric Flair & Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania VIII in 1992 for over 28 years now. Why was it scrapped?

I recall leading up to the event there was even a televised spectacle that showed an announcement with Hogan being the chosen contender for Flair. But it was changed to Macho Man as the challenger before the event. I don't think WWF ever elaborated on why the challenger was changed.

I think I read different theories over the years. It would be appreciated if anyone can provide valid information or legitimate clarity about that change.

Here you go man

David Allen Meltzer is one of the most reliable historians you can find on the topic of professional wrestling

Let me know if you have any other questions or thoughts you'd like to share

Back
Top Bottom