December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

1602684686631.png

I am a fan of this.

Great analytics.

I've been trying to get clarity about the scheduled main event title match between Ric Flair & Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania VIII in 1992 for over 28 years now. Why was it scrapped?

I recall leading up to the event there was even a televised spectacle that showed an announcement with Hogan being the chosen contender for Flair. But it was changed to Macho Man as the challenger before the event. I don't think WWF ever elaborated on why the challenger was changed.

I think I read different theories over the years. It would be appreciated if anyone can provide valid information or legitimate clarity about that change.

I like the statistics breakdown but shows an alarming trend that isn’t surprising.

Your three biggest winners, owners of time, and owners of longest matches aren’t holding the “biggest prize”. They aren’t even in that title picture last I saw. Moxley was wrestling a “Who?” The importance of being the top guy isn’t there, again... If the top spot isn’t important, why is anything else?

I am wondering if Kenny didn't want to appear to abuse his powers so therefore he purposely spent this last year "struggling." Same with the Young Bucks.

I am wondering if Kenny didn't want to appear to abuse his powers so therefore he purposely spent this last year "struggling." Same with the Young Bucks.

Much like The Phenomenal One AJ Styles, I seem to have noticed Kenny Omega's
wolverine-like regenerative/recuperative powers have marginally declined as of late.
Both now appear somewhat human in that regard...it even happens to the best of them.

If you are trying to preserve the world champion as an attraction, it only makes sense that he wouldn't have as many TV matches as the wrestlers who are on the path to dethrone him or the champions that are a tier below him

I've been trying to get clarity about the scheduled main event title match between Ric Flair & Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania VIII in 1992 for over 28 years now. Why was it scrapped?

I recall leading up to the event there was even a televised spectacle that showed an announcement with Hogan being the chosen contender for Flair. But it was changed to Macho Man as the challenger before the event. I don't think WWF ever elaborated on why the challenger was changed.

I think I read different theories over the years. It would be appreciated if anyone can provide valid information or legitimate clarity about that change.
What are your thoughts on ICO PRO? Did you ever try it?

Does that make any sense when both are supposed to be the best in the world in their field?

If you are trying to preserve the world champion as an attraction, it only makes sense that he wouldn't have as many TV matches as the wrestlers who are on the path to dethrone him or the champions that are a tier below him

Yes this is correct/logical.

Lack of Exposure due to preservation wasn't what I was personally referring to though. (If you were responding to me)

I was more so wondering if Kenny made a conscious decision not to DOMINATE so he doesn't come off as being power hungry.

It's not just about matches for the champion... the people who have been on the most haven't been on the most for trying to get to the top prize. It's largely been everything else from what I've seen, so it's not important. The tier below him haven't been scrapping it out to get to the top THEN comes their secondary action/feud.

Moxley being with randoms in matches, title isn't important.

Moxley doesn't have one of the top 3 TV times - promos, tag matches, hype for the title coming up for a PPV. The main prize isn't the main attraction in this case.

Moxley being with randoms in matches, title isn't important.
There have been too many interactions between The Top Talents and The Lower Card talents.

I think they (AEW) believe this brings the lower talents up a level but too much of it does the opposite.

I still find it to be wild as hell that Chris Jericho had an extended feud with Orange Cassidy, I really don't get that.

Then Cody having open challenges with no-named Indy talents. (See War Horse)

But "Wait and See."

Does that make any sense when both are supposed to be the best in the world in their field?
I am not sure they care about that as much as they don't want to be viewed as being THOSE types of people.

But as Jim Ross says, "That is why talent should never be in the creative seat."

There have been too many interactions between The Top Talents and The Lower Card talents.

I think they (AEW) believe this brings the lower talents up a level but too much of it does the opposite.

I still find it to be wild as hell that Chris Jericho had an extended feud with Orange Cassidy, I really don't get that.

Then Cody having open challenges with no-named Indy talents. (See War Horse)

But "Wait and See."

In general there has been. Cody went on weeks of ransoms, I think I recall Omega doing the same.

It’s not a good look, the bottom card didn’t earn anything g to get into those matches. So if everyone is the same on the same playing field then wins and losses don’t mean anything.

I’ve already given my thoughts on that stupid match (OJ/Jericho).

Catching up on CoC. Did Garza get hurt? Is that why the ref botched the 3 count?
I was wondering why that annoying ref was on the main roster

I am not sure they care about that as much as they don't want to be viewed as being THOSE types of people.

But as Jim Ross says, "That is why talent should never be in the creative seat."

Jim Ross is 100% correct.

It’s not a good look, the bottom card didn’t earn anything g to get into those matches. So if everyone is the same on the same playing field then wins and losses don’t mean anything.
Equal-Opportunity Wrestling.

Very WWE-Like.

And I won't even get into the heavy usage of Former WWE Talents.

Very WCW-Like

Back
Top Bottom