December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Atrocious way to deal with that Reynolds injury, and that’s mostly on the ref more than anyone else

The ref does what he is instructed/trained to do.

That is on the Company.

50/50. Feel like it would be based on the refs experience, cause I don’t think Hebner or Armstrong would’ve let that happen, but based on Younger’s instant reaction and he’s only been a ref for 5 years, you’re probably right

#MinorLeagues

MixedSomeHarrier-size_restricted.gif

AEW looking real sketchy right now in terms of safety.
Why wasn't the match stopped? They could have done a pin or reverse pin
right away.
They've set a precedent that they want to do whatever IT takes to be #SportsEntertaining. The health of their performers be dammed.

WWE has definitely had instances of this too in the past, but multiple issues in less than a year is a weird look.

They've set a precedent that they want to do whatever IT takes to be #SportsEntertaining. The health of their performers be dammed.

WWE has definitely had instances of this too in the past, but multiple issues in less than a year is a weird look.

Doesn't seem like they implemented a protocol for all the wrestlers/refs to be trained on
after the Matt Hardy incident which sounds negligent to me.

Vince would get killed for it and rightfully so because he doesn't deserve any goodwill.
AEW seems to get a pass from Meltzer and the rest of the internet wrestling media.
Dave didn't seem to love the musical number the same way Alvarez did so he tap danced around different tastes fo different people.
How will they be more than an indie show with a bigger budget and actually improve if the louder voices won't hold them to a higher standard?

Vince would get killed for it and rightfully so because he doesn't deserve any goodwill.
AEW seems to get a pass from Meltzer and the rest of the internet wrestling media.
Dave didn't seem to love the musical number the same way Alvarez did so he tap danced around different tastes fo different people.
How will they be more than an indie show with a bigger budget and actually improve if the louder voices won't hold them to a higher standard?

After watching the AEW post-show featuring Reynolds walking backstage
some online fans post things like "Glad he's ok."

That's not how concussions or being injured like that works at all.
Put on some deodorant & read a book.

@Case
@ITO

With DSotR being 14 episodes next season, which topics do you guys think would make good episodes?

Bischoff already said that he's worked on 2:

1.WCW show in North Korea
2.Brian Pillman's death

I was thinking of a few episodes:

1. Yokozuna
2. The Graham family
3. Ringboy scandal
4.Arn vs Sid
5.Chyna
6.George Zahorian
7.Buck Zumhofe
8.Vince/Nails
9.Steroid trial

Hopefully Dark Side Of The Ring can have episodes on:

Hacksaw Jim Duggan & Iron Sheik getting stopped together in a car with an open can of beer, weed, and cocaine in real life while they were in the middle of a volatile feud on TV in the '80s. I heard they got pulled over because Duggan was behind the wheel with a beer can visible in his hand. 😆

Hulk Hogan and his ego that's so much bigger than the solar system. About how he abused his creative control and veto power which caused a lot of other wrestlers to be held back with his backstage politics. They should also discuss what a true piece of 💩 he is as a person because he cheated on his wife and made racial slurs. 🙄

Hannibal just released a new extended interview with The World's Strongest Man Ken Patera!!!

AEA18 AEA18

I learned about that '80s incident about Ken Patera & Mr. Saito fighting the po-po retroactively from my good friend and his older brother in the '90s! His older brother told me Mr. Saito did martial arts for real on the cops! And my good friend told me that Patera broke a policewoman's ribs! I heard it all started because those 2 fools threw a boulder through a window after getting refused service after hours! 😆

Not a fan of Jungle Boy cause he looks like he’s audition to be a fluffer, but he did a good job basically walking Wardlow through that match. Very surprised with Jungle Boy being such a young being able to do that. That’s some 10 year vet type stuff.

I realized Ultimate Warrior couldn't enunciate Hulk Hogan after seeing him cut promos on him on YouTube several years after his wrestling career ended.

Ultimate Warrior always said Hulk Hogan like "Hole Cocaine". That's what it sounded like if you check on YouTube now.

Not a fan of Jungle Boy cause he looks like he’s audition to be a fluffer, but he did a good job basically walking Wardlow through that match. Very surprised with Jungle Boy being such a young being able to do that. That’s some 10 year vet type stuff.

Jungle Boy can wrestle. Good matches with Jericho, MJF, Cody

4 way on Dark was good too

Back
Top Bottom