December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Comrades of NT Wrestling GM

giphy.gif

Impact! looks so low-rent. It makes old TNA look like a major league promotion.

It’s especially evident since they don’t have people in the crowd like the WWE and AEW. They still run their shows like the March/April pandemic shows.

Has any wrestler "Fooled the People" over the years more than Dean AMbrose/Jon MOxley has?

Folks thought he was the best overall member of the Shield. Of course we thought he was the best promo, he probably still is TBH.

I guess it was easier for him to hide his work in the Tag Matches and we saw that his work wasn't that special when he broke off into the singles scene.

BUt he was protected by the WWE system, protected from himself.

Now we see his true colors. Like Cornette said, he is a CZW Garbage wrestler at heart, and it shows.

No it won't..TNA is the AIDS of pro wrestling..It'll never be completely gone even if it isn't in the public eye..AEW is the COVID of pro wrestling..Started kinda slow, picked up huge momentum, and will be an afterthought sooner than later..

VICE is expanding their "Dark" series to football and 90's..
:rofl: @ “Dark Side of THE FOOTBALL”

Has any wrestler "Fooled the People" over the years more than Dean AMbrose/Jon MOxley has?

Folks thought he was the best overall member of the Shield. Of course we thought he was the best promo, he probably still is TBH.

I guess it was easier for him to hide his work in the Tag Matches and we saw that his work wasn't that special when he broke off into the singles scene.

Now we see his true colors. Like Cornette said, he is a CZW Garbage wrestler at heart, and it shows.
I don’t really remember anyone saying he was the best member of The Shield. Best on the mic sure, but Seth was the clear cut most exciting worker and Reigns was the powerhouse that you knew was going to be special.

B Sox B Sox There were more folks that said Dean was the best overall of the 3.

People looked at Seth as best-in ring
PEople looked at Roman as having 'The Look."

RE: AMbrose. Just going through some old posts about the Shield and there were some people that said he was the best overall or had the most overall potential. I stopped at page 3 of the search.

Agreed.

One has to wonder..

What if it was Leo Kruger in Reigns place in the Shield? Seems like he would have been a perfect fit for the gimmick.

:rofl: - :smh

I think when it's all said and done dean is the best all around worker out of the three. reigns will get the monster push strictly on his look.. Rollins cooks in the ring. but I think dean has the personality and charisma and in ring skills to be the Shawn michaels of the group, but then again hollywood writers are writing these bogus storylines and could easily kill anyone of the threes characters

Don't know about him being bottom of the 3. This guy can be the top heel of the company, he's that good.

Last edited:
I don’t really remember anyone saying he was the best member of The Shield. Best on the mic sure, but Seth was the clear cut most exciting worker and Reigns was the powerhouse that you knew was going to be special.

I'd still take Jeans over Sext and Leakee..

I may have to look back..

I always thought it was Ambrose that was the guy, but WWE fell in love with RRs look

Or maybe it was just us internet marks thats was for Dean

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican why couldn't Dean Ambrose be world champ? At what point he was the clear leader of The Shield. Do you think current Dean could be world champ?
:smh: Participation trophy booking

dean officially the best out the shield I’m glad he leaving y’all ppls trash *** company.

I hope others follow suit.

**** WWE

29 January 1996
Monday Night Nitro Review

Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair

I’m once again not understanding these things:
  • A main even match as the opener
  • A main even match as the opener on a Nitro
  • Going to commercials in the middle of a main event wrestlers match
  • Using the same people in rotation (Hogan, Flair, Sting, Savage, Giant)
  • The constant use of the same match (ex: Flair/Hogan, Flair/Sting, Savage/Luger)
  • The back to back weeks of parading women around - does not fit Hogan’s character
  • Not having Kimberly Page around
Not much to talk about beyond those points. The match itself was fine for who and what it was, but it doesn’t belong here at all.

Faces of Fear vs Road Warriors
That match itself was a typical Road Warriors match, odd to do against faces of fear. Lots of no selling, (pile drive spot comes to mind) then playing dead. Very high powered and heavy fisted. The pace of it is what I question. Why not give them American Male and have them blow through competition before making them look old/weak. All last week it was talked about getting them against Luger/Sting. Great… make them look extremely strong to take on those two. FOF didn’t make them look good, that wasn’t going to be in the cards with that group. The announcers did RW no favors either, instead of being shocked how much the Road Warriors were being beaten it was more selling for FOF. Further doesn’t help the ref is slow counting, makes it worse. Brain even mentioned it once towards the later part of the match. Odd to watch to think any of this is a good idea. Tread Road Warriors like you would have treated Goldberg… come in, “Uhhhhhhhhhlllll What a rush”, shoulder tackles, power slam, clothesline, finish. Match was just as ugly as it could get.

Taskmaster and Hugh Morris with Mean Gene with Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman
Taskmaster did’t even think to start the interview without yelling. It’s annoying. Pillman (and many other WCW wrestlers) continue to not know where the camera is when giving interviews. The horseman involved in this weird angle, not having Pillman’s back because the Horseman do whatever the hell they want, Arn took his belt off, Pillman cowering away not helping AA, Arn talking to the committee to get a match. These are Horseman… the hell is this garbage?

Madusa vs Sister Sherri
Is Madusa a heel or face? She jumped Sherri at her wedding, jumped her again to start this match. Madusa physically looks good, but then she is wrestling Sherri. Wrestling in a dress and stockings, no shoes, just weird. Odd paring over all, did WCW have any other women wrestlers at this time? I wonder what happened to all the Japanese wrestlers. To end it Sherri WON?! The Madusa drops her on her dome and smashes her head against the ring. That wasn’t pretty at all, Sherri is either the best actress ever or she was legit out. Didn’t look good at all.

The Giant vs Macho Man Randy Savage for the WCW Heavyweight Championship
See my initial thoughts about Hogan and Flair, and then add why is the Championship being defended on Nitro AGAIN. Every once in awhile, by all means. This is just ridiculous at this point. Savage being a face, he attacks Giant with the belt and does Nothing to the Giant. The Flair came out to what?! This cluster just makes the Champion even worse, in so many ways. Hogan has one eye, stupid bandage on his face, and beats the Giant and 50 other people with a chair saving Savage. God damn this is absolutely tragic nonsense. Them, for NO reason, the Giant is being held back again. Ric Flair can’t complete a sentence, Giant can’t is incoherent, man… what a cluster. No way Flair didn’t do a bunch of blow before doing this entire spot. Always good to see your Champion drug out on his feet while a one eyed person is protecting him. Trash.

Back to back weeks left a terrible taste, I watched Raw to see what they did

29 January 1996
Monday Night RAW

WWF Opening Recap

Shawn Michales just won the Royal Rumble, Yoko is champion, Vader killed Gorilla Monsoon, Diesel vs Bulldog, Billionaire Ted, and a Major AnnouncementReally enjoyed the Raw intro, fun to hear that again after all these years.

British Bulldog vs Diesel
Bulldog looks like a million bucks, from outfit to physic he really did look like a main venter. Diesel has some good walkout music, really fit the character. A lot of selling the future match up with Diesel and Bret Hart for the championship. Both guys looked good, nice trade, good ring work by Davey Boy with the work on Diesel’s leg. Yoko walked out and man… he is a big boy. Is he still 100% Japanese at this point, because Yoko is sitting there talking to Corney quite a bit. Diesel sold the hell out of his leg being hurt and then picked up Bulldog on his shoulder no problem… whoops. Yoko had to hold the

Doc Hendrix Promo
His voice, AM radio DJ voice gets me. Bret Hart cut a decent promo, hard to ignore the fat black eye he has. I sometimes forget the blue cage and the escape rules www had. Is Diesel supposed to be a heel or a face? Shawn vs. Owen could be a good one, but the stipulation is weird. There is no reason the put Shawn’s title match on the line… odd. Razor and Kid in a Baby match where the loser has to be fed a baby bottle… oh boy. The pile of **** that is… Funny they are mentioning the billionaire Ted angle, along with Turn sending in a cease and desist order.

Billionaire Ted Promo
Old Hogan and Macho Man posing in the background is hilarious. That legit made me laugh. WWF putting light on WCW on their “poor” practice was interesting. The skit itself was ok, nothing exciting.

The Godwinns vs The BodyDonnas
Sunny days indeed, not too bad. I vividly remember being a big Godwinns fan way back when, I couldn’t tell you why but I had the action figures and all. Just big tough dudes maybe. The names of Skip and Zip was hilarious. Vince delivering it with a straight face even better. Phineas with the duct tape for wrist wraps was a nice little touch. This match is what the Road Warriors hold have been, Godwinns looked strong. The dosey do at the end was a nice little character touch.

Royal Rumbler Vader Recap
I don’t really remember this rumble, but seeing Vader as big as he was… man. Very similar to seeing Yoko. These guys just got big. Funny to see the lawyer and Corney come in on a promo for self defense.

Vince McMahon Interview with Rowdy Roddy Piper
Piper is the acting President due to Vader killing Gorilla Monsoon. Piper has the same issue I’ve seen with other elder wrestlers giving promos. They don’t know where the camera is, see their back, side of head, etc. Good overall intro as a reminder to who Piper is. Did well to put over the locker room, really gave them a platform. You can tell Piper was having fun messing with Vince.

Mankind Promo
Why is the sky blue, what happened to my ear? Good line, nice little quick teaser intro.

Yokozuna vs Shawn Michaels
Vince’s Shawn pop was something else, I thought he would need to change his pants. He sold the hell out of Shawn this entire program. Hearing Vince’s promo/announcer voice is so weird. Been a long time since I’ve heard it. Seeing Yoko next to Diesel and Bulldog is one thing, seeing him against Shawn he looks even bigger. Dude is huge. Shawn looked fast, good action between the two, but then Shawn started to do some really campy stuff. Slapped Yoko’s butt, ran around the ring to celebrate with the fans. As big as Yoko is, I’m surprised he moves around as well as he did. Match was good, but we just had this same exact finish with Bulldog vs Diesel. Same manager, same Yoko, same interference… doubled up on this angle? Don’t get it, don’t have to do the same thing over and over in one Monday Night Raw. They start to come in on Shawn, Diesel runs out, and Shawn does campy dumb stuff again. Was still 3 on 2 and for no real reason for Bulldog, Owen, and Yoko to back peddle out of the ring. Weird way to end the entire broadcast with Shawn and Diesel in karate poses.

tenor.gif

I don't think anyone thought Dean was the best of the 3, just the best of the 3 on the mic.

had to bring it to the only IWC i acknowledge....... knowing how they want to push omega so heavy, if he does get any other company 's belt would that be impressive? all due respect to the nwa title aew is already the 2nd most important MAINSTREAM title in my opinion, if you count raw/sd as only one

i thought ambrose was the best of the 3, because i actually cared what he was doing in the wwf, but he really does just want to do hardcore and i'm not a fan of that style honestly

Back
Top Bottom