Defining Moments, It's been 6 years

I was able to cop mine for less than retail as my boy didn't even buy his own size. def am pissed letting them go for some DOTD SBs and some bapes. These would easily be one of my favs if I had them. But I was too young to realize. Those LS retros were also fire at the time. And looking back at quality, def better than these retros I'm buying now

Pulled these out for some air.. One day these will be worn.

Snapped some shots of my XI.

People need to realize a shoe is a shoe, jesus you guys are acting like they're trophies. I don't understand the point of buying shoes and keeping them for years without rocking them, wear them at least once a month or every other month or just sell them.

I mean come on, "I haven't had a chance to wear them yet" stupidest **** I've heard in my life, shoes can be rocked whenever. Everyday you have a chance to wear them.

tell em why u mad son

People need to realize a shoe is a shoe, jesus you guys are acting like they're trophies. I don't understand the point of buying shoes and keeping them for years without rocking them, wear them at least once a month or every other month or just sell them.

I mean come on, "I haven't had a chance to wear them yet" stupidest **** I've heard in my life, shoes can be rocked whenever. Everyday you have a chance to wear them.
I get what you're saying, and for the most part I agree.  Especially with the fact that JB continues to retro things over and over and over...

These are different though.  Part of it it's the nostalgia of both models, the popularity of both the VI and XI, the packaging, quality, etc., but they really are more of a collector's item (at least to me), than a pair of shoes.  Just like a stamp, or coin.  I've owned a lot of Jordan's over the years, and these are the only two I've never worn.  I have "had the chance to wear them", but just don't want to.  If I can ever find a used set on the bay for a decent price (which is impossible for a size 13), then great.  If not...they'll just sit at the end of my stack like usual with only an empty box on top.  I usually stack boxes on boxes of shoes, but these don't even get to have weight on em other than that of an empty box.  THAT'S how anal I am about them, and I think at this point with that pack, most others are as well.  I do think I've handled them more than any other shoe I've owned though 
happy.gif

When and if (I can see it happening...when JB is at their lowest...retro these to stir it back up) JB retros these, then I'll have a pair to wear.  For now, I'm perfectly content having these solely for my "collection".

Wear your shoes gentlemen. If they truly wanted to make it a commemorative pack, they would have made them in the original colors. That's what did it for me. I've never felt the gold accents on both shoes.

I wore the hell out of my VI's, but the fact that they were a half size too big was outright unbearable for me, so I threw them to a friend. The hunt is on this year, and I'm getting the XI's too. Both shall never leave my feet for long either.

My dude got a rare 9.5, for half the retail price of a DS pack. Great condition.

This has to be my favorite thread in the JB forum.

I get what you're saying, and for the most part I agree.  Especially with the fact that JB continues to retro things over and over and over...

These are different though.  Part of it it's the nostalgia of both models, the popularity of both the VI and XI, the packaging, quality, etc., but they really are more of a collector's item (at least to me), than a pair of shoes.  Just like a stamp, or coin.  I've owned a lot of Jordan's over the years, and these are the only two I've never worn.  I have "had the chance to wear them", but just don't want to.  If I can ever find a used set on the bay for a decent price (which is impossible for a size 13), then great.  If not...they'll just sit at the end of my stack like usual with only an empty box on top.  I usually stack boxes on boxes of shoes, but these don't even get to have weight on em other than that of an empty box.  THAT'S how anal I am about them, and I think at this point with that pack, most others are as well.  I do think I've handled them more than any other shoe I've owned though :D

When and if (I can see it happening...when JB is at their lowest...retro these to stir it back up) JB retros these, then I'll have a pair to wear.  For now, I'm perfectly content having these solely for my "collection".

fresssssssssssssssssssh :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Best pack of all time..
Still got a DS pack on ice..
Just might have to take them out and look at them when I get home..

DEF THE #1 AND FIRST PACK OF ALL TIME.. MY XI'S ARE DS.. I WANT TO WEAR EM BUT THERE IS NO OCCASION SPECIAL ENOUGH AND I HAVE CONCORD 2011 HIGH'S AND 2014 LOWS.. VI'S ARE FIRE AND IVE WORN EM LIKE 2-3 X'S

Back
Top Bottom